Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Well this sucks A** Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

That b***h is gonna die!
  O.o
View Results

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:20 am
Iconised Ghost
[la.femme.batteh]
that is pretty ridiculous, but my dad used to work in a factory, and it's pretty nasty work. they probably didn't want you to get hurt. But, on the other hand, if you had been working there for a while and nothing happened, then it just proves that the american work system is failing and we are all going to die. >_> ok, JKing on the dying part, but it's still extremely depressing.

its only depressing if you work in america cool

>_> you hatin' on america? maybe our work systems havent changed and americans are just not very physicly fit! wait, that doesnt look good either.... oh well, AMERICA.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:36 am
X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X
Iconised Ghost
[la.femme.batteh]
that is pretty ridiculous, but my dad used to work in a factory, and it's pretty nasty work. they probably didn't want you to get hurt. But, on the other hand, if you had been working there for a while and nothing happened, then it just proves that the american work system is failing and we are all going to die. >_> ok, JKing on the dying part, but it's still extremely depressing.

Only if you are working in a low status but as you go up,it becomes better and better mrgreen

lol, what?

every job i've ever had, and believe me, some of them have been QUITE low on the ladder o' success, i was still treated with dignity and respect.

here's the deal: people will treat you the way you EXPECT to be treated. for instance, at my current job, i often hear colleagues going ON AND ON about how AWFUL the people in the office are to them and how stuff NEVER gets handled and blah blah blah.

i do not have this complaint because i EXPECT the people @ the office to do THEIR jobs so that i can do MY job, and therefore, they do.

3nodding

i just think that people, especially young people, are so geared up for "oh, well i'm WORKING now, so they're going to treat me like crap" that it DOES happen more often.

i mean, if you were a boss, and you could treat someone with the bare minimum of kindness and still get them to do their jobs, why would you put forth that extra effort? BUT if you have an employee who's courteous and professional and responds well when YOU'RE the same way, you'll keep doing it. 3nodding

yup yup. heart  

WastelandMama
Crew

X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:11 pm
bluegrass cat
X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X
Iconised Ghost
[la.femme.batteh]

Only if you are working in a low status but as you go up,it becomes better and better mrgreen

lol, what?

every job i've ever had, and believe me, some of them have been QUITE low on the ladder o' success, i was still treated with dignity and respect.

here's the deal: people will treat you the way you EXPECT to be treated. for instance, at my current job, i often hear colleagues going ON AND ON about how AWFUL the people in the office are to them and how stuff NEVER gets handled and blah blah blah.

i do not have this complaint because i EXPECT the people @ the office to do THEIR jobs so that i can do MY job, and therefore, they do.

3nodding

i just think that people, especially young people, are so geared up for "oh, well i'm WORKING now, so they're going to treat me like crap" that it DOES happen more often.

i mean, if you were a boss, and you could treat someone with the bare minimum of kindness and still get them to do their jobs, why would you put forth that extra effort? BUT if you have an employee who's courteous and professional and responds well when YOU'RE the same way, you'll keep doing it. 3nodding

yup yup. heart

I didn't say that Low status is bad,everyone needs experience in his work,and this is gonna cost him lots of time and hard work,but also ,there are two types of people who don't need to work hard to become Somthing
1) Rich spoilt kids ((sitting on a big desk,in a big room,in his papas big company))
2)well educated people!

I mean,its not how you are treated,that depends on your personality, if you treat people well,people will treat you well,if you dont,then welcome to hell ((HEY,it Rhymes,coooooool cool ))
Its afterall about living a Pleasant life,it dosent have to be very rich mrgreen ,nor very poor talk2hand its all about living a happy life............................*Bows to the crowd* thank you thank you, i appreciate it,thank you thank you *waves and blows some kisses*, see ya tommorw in ~The Life & Work Show~....Good night every one *curtain closes*  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:43 pm
Yeah, i've been ******** over in a job.

I worked there for 3 years, made a DECENT salary for a kid my age, ($4 an hour with no taxes) and then they told me they were going to pay me less because I wasn't 18, bring in new people who were wayyy less experienced than me, and treat me like s**t.

I said nono.

I don't work there anymore.

I work at a shop down the street where I'd been selling my stuff and I still do. I get $10 an hour without taxes and I get treated WITH RESPECT.

mrgreen  

MonsieurSponge

pineapple07

Tipsy Prophet

7,400 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:03 pm
X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X
bluegrass cat
X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X
Iconised Ghost
[la.femme.batteh]

lol, what?

3nodding

yup yup. heart

I didn't say that Low status is bad,everyone needs experience in his work,and this is gonna cost him lots of time and hard work,but also ,there are two types of people who don't need to work hard to become Somthing
1) Rich spoilt kids ((sitting on a big desk,in a big room,in his papas big company))
2)well educated people!

Well-educated people have to bust their butts to get that education. College isn't free unless you get scholarships and you know that it's not a walk in the park to get those.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:10 pm
lol i guess i am well educated, but i work my a** off at uni (we're talking from 6am-3am the next day, then getting up again at 6am u_u) AND i will have to work hard in a job because i have little work experience because i have been studying >.<  

Iconised Ghost

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:22 pm
pineapple07
X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X
bluegrass cat
X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X
Iconised Ghost
[la.femme.batteh]

lol, what?

3nodding

yup yup. heart

2)well educated people!

Well-educated people have to bust their butts to get that education. College isn't free unless you get scholarships and you know that it's not a walk in the park to get those.

yes, THIS!

having an education is no guarantee that you'll have the easy life. in fact, its usually an indicator that you WON'T.

the more education you need for a job, the harder that job IS. you have more responsibility, more accountability, and more worries.

the people with the highest levels of education work their ASSES off at their jobs! teachers, nurses, doctors, lawyers, scientists! its not all playing golf and yucking it up sitcom style. stare

also, people who're born into money don't have an easy life either. money =/=easy life.

to quote a fortune cookie: when the size of the wallet increases, so do the needs.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:52 pm
bluegrass cat
pineapple07
X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X
bluegrass cat
X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X

lol, what?

3nodding

yup yup. heart

2)well educated people!

yes, THIS!

having an education is no guarantee that you'll have the easy life. in fact, its usually an indicator that you WON'T.

the more education you need for a job, the harder that job IS. you have more responsibility, more accountability, and more worries.

the people with the highest levels of education work their ASSES off at their jobs! teachers, nurses, doctors, lawyers, scientists! its not all playing golf and yucking it up sitcom style. stare

also, people who're born into money don't have an easy life either. money =/=easy life.

to quote a fortune cookie: when the size of the wallet increases, so do the needs.

I donno about other countries,but here,the well educated people are always the upper class ,plus,getting a scholarship is easy if........you worked hard at your high school years.

@Bluegrass:who ever said that life is easy!! if you wanna be somthing you gotta work hard ,or am i not correct!!

"when the size of the wallet increases, so do the needs" <----in my openion,this say is wrong,like say you take 100k SAR((Exactly about 26,662$)) per month,you have a hill top house,beach house,summer house ,you have about 15 cars,50 mobile lines etc. Do you really need all of this?!?!?
That brings us back to the diffrent bettween a want and a need!

want:A product or a service that people would like to have,but is not essential for living. peoples wants are unlimited.

need:a product or a sevice which is essential for living!  

X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:02 pm
X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X
bluegrass cat
pineapple07
X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X
bluegrass cat
X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X

lol, what?

3nodding

yup yup. heart

2)well educated people!

yes, THIS!

I donno about other countries,but here,the well educated people are always the upper class ,plus,getting a scholarship is easy if........you worked hard at your high school years.

@Bluegrass:who ever said that life is easy!! if you wanna be somthing you gotta work hard ,or am i not correct!!

"when the size of the wallet increases, so do the needs" <----in my openion,this say is wrong,like say you take 100k SAR((Exactly about 26,662$)) per month,you have a hill top house,beach house,summer house ,you have about 15 cars,50 mobile lines etc. Do you really need all of this?!?!?

want:A product or a service that people would like to have,but is not essential for living. peoples wants are unlimited.

alrighty then.

its obvious that, as a TEENAGER who's never had to pay for rent or buy food or health insurance or make a car payment OR pay for insurance OR *gasp* go to college and pay for books and s**t and THEN graduate and realize that NO ONE CARES IF YOU HAVE A DEGREE OR NOT, you OBVIOUSLY know more than ghost or pineapple or myself, who're all quite grown up and have dealt with ACTUAL financial and educational issues.

THANK YOU for educating us! oh, praise jesus that someone SO EXPERIENCED AND INTELLIGENT was here to correct us!

rolleyes

and here's where i tap out. you cannot argue with a teenager who's convinced they're right, just like you can't argue with a 3-yr old having a fit in wal-mart. confused  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:42 pm
bluegrass cat
X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X
bluegrass cat
pineapple07
X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X

2)well educated people!

yes, THIS!

alrighty then.

its obvious that, as a TEENAGER who's never had to pay for rent or buy food or health insurance or make a car payment OR pay for insurance OR *gasp* go to college and pay for books and s**t and THEN graduate and realize that NO ONE CARES IF YOU HAVE A DEGREE OR NOT, you OBVIOUSLY know more than ghost or pineapple or myself, who're all quite grown up and have dealt with ACTUAL financial and educational issues.

THANK YOU for educating us! oh, praise jesus that someone SO EXPERIENCED AND INTELLIGENT was here to correct us!

rolleyes

and here's where i tap out. you cannot argue with a teenager who's convinced they're right, just like you can't argue with a 3-yr old having a fit in wal-mart. confused

I may be a teenager 3nodding ,but that dosenot mean that i can't be clever than an adult......and i wasn't really arguing by the way , i was just sharing my openion + what i said is not from air or my own mind, i studied these things in books written by professional and experinced people,so to make simple to you,Don't mesure people's intelligence or experience with there age!  

X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:23 pm
X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X
bluegrass cat
X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X
bluegrass cat
pineapple07
X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X

2)well educated people!

yes, THIS!

alrighty then.

rolleyes

I may be a teenager 3nodding ,but that dosenot mean that i can't be clever than an adult......and i wasn't really arguing by the way , i was just sharing my openion + what i said is not from air or my own mind, i studied these things in books written by professional and experinced people,so to make simple to you,Don't mesure people's intelligence or experience with there age!

lol, how this response is written...

the irony is killing me. xd

and as far as this: Don't mesure people's intelligence or experience with there age! wow, just wow. first of all, congratulations! you're almost as confusing as metallic! that's quite an accomplishment! second, intelligence is different than wisdom, and there ARE certain experiences ((like the ones i listed before)) that you can ONLY EXPERIENCE after becoming an adult. i don't expect you to fully understand this because goodness knows that i was the smartest person on the planet at age 16 and thought everyone else was an idiot.

however, i grew, i matured, i gained wisdom from living past the age of 21 and i realized that i, and all of my fellow teenagers, had about as much sense as a chicken with its head cut of. it was true then and its ((mostly! i love you, midori!!!)) true now. i'm not trying to INSULT anyone, i'm simply stating a fact. your brain hasn't finished developing yet. you have a lot of facts but extremely limited life experience to balance that. because of this, you have a skewed view of the world and how it works. its fine, because one day you'll grow out of it...hopefully. lord knows there are some idiots who NEVER grow up. heart

NOW i'm finished.

ANYWAY, back on topic: i agree with tsn, its totally for insurance purposes although i've never heard of a company having a one strike and you're out kind of policy...

even toyota will let you re-do "hell week" if you wish. confused  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:49 pm
bluegrass cat
X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X
bluegrass cat
X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X
bluegrass cat

yes, THIS!

alrighty then.

rolleyes

lol, how this response is written...

the irony is killing me. xd

and as far as this: Don't mesure people's intelligence or experience with there age! wow, just wow. first of all, congratulations! you're almost as confusing as metallic! that's quite an accomplishment! second, intelligence is different than wisdom, and there ARE certain experiences ((like the ones i listed before)) that you can ONLY EXPERIENCE after becoming an adult. i don't expect you to fully understand this because goodness knows that i was the smartest person on the planet at age 16 and thought everyone else was an idiot.

however, i grew, i matured, i gained wisdom from living past the age of 21 and i realized that i, and all of my fellow teenagers, had about as much sense as a chicken with its head cut of. it was true then and its ((mostly! i love you, midori!!!)) true now. i'm not trying to INSULT anyone, i'm simply stating a fact. your brain hasn't finished developing yet. you have a lot of facts but extremely limited life experience to balance that. because of this, you have a skewed view of the world and how it works. its fine, because one day you'll grow out of it...hopefully. lord knows there are some idiots who NEVER grow up. heart

NOW i'm finished.

ANYWAY, back on topic: i agree with tsn, its totally for insurance purposes although i've never heard of a company having a one strike and you're out kind of policy...

even toyota will let you re-do "hell week" if you wish. confused

well i cant argue with that can I xd ,oh ,and about the response , I almost felt like my nerves are going to burst from anger,my fist grew harder and my face became red......even my heart was pumping faster!

In reality, if you said that to me, i would have started swearing at you ,but rather than doing that in a post, i just calmed myself down so i wont get into serious troubles!!

@topic- I think its some sort of discrimination or racisim <-----just openion  

X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:52 pm
bluegrass cat
intelligence is different than wisdom, and there ARE certain experiences ((like the ones i listed before)) that you can ONLY EXPERIENCE after becoming an adult.
Sorry, this reminded me of an argument I was having in my car with someone about Dungeons and Dragons of all things. He was trying to say that the stats "intelligence" and "wisdom" were bad choices for stats because they were "the same thing." No matter how hard I tried to explain it to him he wouldn't listen, he was sooo convinced he was right. And I chalk THAT up to what you said next...
bluegrass cat

i don't expect you to fully understand this because goodness knows that i was the smartest person on the planet at age 16 and thought everyone else was an idiot.

It doesn't relate to the topic at all, I just felt like mentioning it...
And no, I've never been seriously screwed over at a job. I've worked at Fazoli's, and that got to be hell sometimes because they wanted me to work at hours of the night I told them I wouldn't be able to work before they hired me. :[ But I've never been in a situation similar to your's.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:57 pm
X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X

Not only is the "intelligence" portion of that last sentence wrong, as bluegrass mentioned, but the "experience" part too. There are many things in life that teenagers such as you and I just won't experience. But some will. I can make an educated guess, that you have never been forced to find work or housing to support yourself. I can judge this from the fact that you have regular internet access and spend that some of that time on Gaia. "Books written by professional and experienced people" don't give you the right to think you know about the life of men and women around world. Become one of these professionals or at the very least, become and adult, and then you'll be able to speak completely educated about these things.

And I'm not saying I understand either! I'm fourteen, and I try to accept the fact that I'm not as intelligent as most adults. ( rolleyes I haven't succeeded yet XP) But I definitely know I am not as experienced as most adults. That was a mouthful.  

Artanus

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:12 pm
all i have to say is...yay bluegrass thinks im grown up mrgreen

and my 2 pence is that wisdom is knowing things, and intelligence is knowing how to use what you know. If that makes sense at all. And both develop with age (hopefully)  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff