Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Is the roleplay subforum even active anymore? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is it?
  LOLWUT?
View Results

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:11 pm
EggaxSponge
RPing IRL is extremely dorky but actually quite fun.

I'm too self-conscious to do it on the intrawebz though.

Um... You do realize that while anonymity is dead, that it's a lot harder to know it's you RPing online, than to open a door and see you doing to IRL, right?

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:25 pm
I don't care how dorky it's perceived to be, I'm out of high school anyway so all that stigma doesn't really matter at this point xD

And even in high school I did dorky stuff. With my dorky friends. :3

Pachelbel Canon

Kitsukage

5,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:39 am
aprilness
A few of my IRL friends started a forum site specifically for writing, and there is a section for rping, though so far we haven't done any "fan-fiction" type RPs. It's all original worlds and characters, so it's...collaborative writing. And since you are generally just one character per person that you have to "act" as, does that constitute forum RPing?

In any case we have fun.

A friend of mine attempted the same thing, however, the idea didn't really fly, and eventually, the place ended up lost.

I have, however, role-played before, but never on Gaia; but of late, I've not really been bothered, because ones I have been in, and one I, myself, created, ended up being stopped because they were all on a forum that ended up getting closed down, because the Site Owner couldn't pay the server fees, and stuff.

Its a shame, too, because I spent a few days compiling some stuff together for that RP.. =/ I got it all going, then boom; stalled.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:15 pm
Aw, that kinda sucks. :[ (OK, I've finally decided to be orange font, at least for the duration of the Olympics. XD Go Barton!)

I've got a lot of writer friends so it's managed to stay pretty alive so far. And I've never RPed on Gaia either, mostly because of all the n00bs and poopy writers I'd rather not deal with.

...Is it odd that I used a word like "poopy" to describe my distaste for bad writing? XD Is that considered a type of irony?

Pachelbel Canon

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:58 pm
Dr Entropy
ALL OF THE SUBFORUMS ARE DEAD. The sad truth.

I love to roleplay but I do so in other guilds such as Bleach: Elites and Naruto: Rise of the Shinobi.

lol, if all the subforums were dead, i wouldn't be swinging my ban-hammer five times a week...on average...

trust me, there are strange and bizarre people who populate the subforums...i think that's why no one goes there.

that, and its sticky. yup. strange, bizarre and sticky.

3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:04 pm
eek Sticky with what?  

Pachelbel Canon

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:31 am
aprilness
eek Sticky with what?

ah, THAT is the question, my dear! xd  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:03 am
bluegrass cat
aprilness
eek Sticky with what?

ah, THAT is the question, my dear! xd

i have a feeling we dont want to know xd  

Iconised Ghost

Kitsukage

5,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:07 am
aprilness
Aw, that kinda sucks. :[ (OK, I've finally decided to be orange font, at least for the duration of the Olympics. XD Go Barton!)

I've got a lot of writer friends so it's managed to stay pretty alive so far. And I've never RPed on Gaia either, mostly because of all the n00bs and poopy writers I'd rather not deal with.

...Is it odd that I used a word like "poopy" to describe my distaste for bad writing? XD Is that considered a type of irony?

Looks like that was one of the lucky communities. XD
On Gaia, itself, yeah; I've just not bothered, because I did actually take a spy, but the writing there is either unoriginal stuff, and/or about Naruto, or something.
*Note: Not a Naruto fan*

Well, we're all allowed our moments; just so long as we don't make a habit of it. XD

By the way, if you wanna scope out some of my own writing, there's a link to my dA in my profile or in the dA thread, in the art sub-forum.

This feels like a shameless plug.. XD

General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces