Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Twilight means never having to say you're kidding. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

amazing?
  I think so :]
View Results

Lyss The One In The Back
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:00 pm
Lyss never read Twilight, but is now forced to due to friend taking her to see the movie in December.

From what I've read of it, it's ok-ish. (Which is like, 2 chapters from an old promotion booklet) Just don't like all the hype and attention a freaking book is getting.

Buuut, I do admit: That blog was pretty hilarious.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:25 pm
Goddess Ace
Iconised Ghost
Goddess Ace
Since when did bashing Twilight become so cool? rolleyes

Its a piece of entertainment. Mocking it is entertaining. It served its purpose

I guess to me it's just childish to do so.

True, the books aren't extremly serious but hey, I really do like them and I get tired of every book discussion I go into there's someone trashing it. It can get irritating when you hear it over and over again.

At least everyone can get a good chuckle out of the pillow biting though.

The pillow abuse was hella funny to me. XD

I think one thing I don't like is when people tell me to stop reading them cause they're not a 'real' books, oh really and I guess I must be under the illusion that they are then [/sarcasm] rolleyes . Not all books have to be realistic, serious and have some huge depth to them, DANG! I love reading pointless things the best. I don't mind wasting my time reading books like that, I actually love it thank you very very much! [/end-rant]

^_^ But I do love that blog cause most of those things would cross my mind if I were to take the books seriously. XD So much FUN!  

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:30 pm
@lily:BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY LAWL <3

@ Ace: I've never, never enjoyed teen literature [stupid things written for mindless teenagers focusing on dating and boys and sex, etc etc], bad literature [nothing special type stuff, not very well written], and books about vampires and werewolves [far too overdone, and not interesting]. I'm not saying that no one else should enjoy them either but I personally never have. I have always always had a highly advanced reading level and been interested in "advanced" books, my favorites being mysteries specifically Patricia Cornwell's literature. I'm not saying these aren't fine books in their own right but I find it hilarious to poke fun at them as I do to poke fun at most anything else. I understand though where you are coming from about people bashing. bashing I dislike but poking fun at is different and she stated in the blog about the first book that she does enjoy them for what they are.

and the pillow biting is indeed epic :]]]

@April: sending the pants! :] and yes but it isn't just magical, it's dazzling.

@munchie: LAWL you understand the fun that is making fun of the fun :]

@Lyss: actually I took a teen literature class this year [in which the teacher bashed on badly written teen books and gave us real things to read. I love Ms. Biggs] and there was this girl who was and probably still is obsessed with twilight and it was hilarious to watch my friend Aileen, who thinks that twilight is nasty, flip out at her on a daily basis when she gushed about how amazing it was and how "Stephenie Meyer is more talented than any other author ever". direct quote. It was epic LULZ in that class :] loved first period.

and I'm not against attention from a book. I think it's good that it gets people to read but I just don't like it personally and think that it's icky.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:41 pm
XD Yes

I kinda freaked when the book was all over the place and tons of fans showed up suddenly. O_O

Over-hyped things usually repel me, but I was already hooked on Twilight before that happened so I couldn't (well wouldn't) let it go.

Dumblevamp/Aro LOVE THAT!! XD  

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Lyss The One In The Back
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:45 pm
-shrugs- Not arguing. Y'all know I fail at trying to talk to people without getting bashed at with light sabers and BFGs.

Nice to know that TSN loved first period.

The Werewolves of Miller's Hollow is pretty fun to play. [/end werewolf portion]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:21 pm
Goddess Ace
Iconised Ghost
Goddess Ace

True, the books aren't extremly serious but hey, I really do like them and I get tired of every book discussion I go into there's someone trashing it. It can get irritating when you hear it over and over again.

well if sarcasm is immature, then slap me with a wet fish and call me immature xd personally i think its a fine art, but thats just me

If you dont like book reviews that say it's trashy, stop reading them wink Or write your own perhaps?  

Iconised Ghost

HappysEnding

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:22 pm
I personally don't give a rat's a** that it's overhyped. What bugs me is that I've actually met people who think it's quality writing.

I enjoy reading them for the lulz, and this commentary that I sent TSN was just epic.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:29 pm
Surely Not
I personally don't give a rat's a** that it's overhyped. What bugs me is that I've actually met people who think it's quality writing.

I enjoy reading them for the lulz, and this commentary that I sent TSN was just epic.

have I told you yet that I want to sex you? Because I do. :]  

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100

HappysEnding

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:37 pm
teh sexiful nerdy
Surely Not

O bby. redface  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:39 pm
Surely Not
teh sexiful nerdy
Surely Not

O bby. redface

rawr <3 xD  

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100

pineapple07

Tipsy Prophet

7,400 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:55 am
Haha the pillow biting made my day, and the statement of 'was it like ******** a popsicle?' I've never read the books and probably never will. I'm just not interested in them. Plus right now I'm more into books based off of history heart Oh King Henry the 8th, you player you! xd  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:02 am
teh sexiful nerdy
Surely Not
teh sexiful nerdy
Surely Not

O bby. redface

rawr <3 xD

Wtf is going on? She gets sex for something I already said?! gonk You're married to meeee. crying xd heart  

MonsieurSponge

Goddess Ace
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:56 am
Iconised Ghost
Goddess Ace
Iconised Ghost
Goddess Ace

well if sarcasm is immature, then slap me with a wet fish and call me immature xd personally i think its a fine art, but thats just me

If you dont like book reviews that say it's trashy, stop reading them wink Or write your own perhaps?

You can be mature with sarcasam, it just depends on the situation or subject. I really wouldn't want to pick up a wet fish in the first place.

Oh, I don't go online looking for book reviews or anything. I went to the entertainment discussion and just ran into the same old stuff. The haters are better than the gushing fan girls that want the characters to themselves >.> Other than Midori and my one friend, I haven't found anybody worth discussing the book with.

@TSN: I guess if you dislike teen literature in general than Twilight would definatly be up there. I love all literature - I honestly have yet to find a book I dislike. Twilight was just really easy to get into - it takes me a while to really get into books like "Cry, The Beloved Country" or "The Bell Jar" but once I'm in it, I don't stop.
And yeah, Meyer is not the most talanted - she really can't do fight scenes which seem to be the biggest conflict in her books - Cullens vs other vampires or werewolves. And I have to say, I really HATE that there's going to be an "offical guide" released - to me that's just tacky.

@Munchie: lol, I never understand when people tell me something isn't a "real book." It's got pages, it's got words, and it's even got a plot - not a huge complex plot, but a plot.

I got to get off the whole Twilight mind set anyway - got books to read for AP English, Lord of the Flies and 1984. Eh, I also got stuff to read for AP Latin - mmm, translate it and make sense out of it - SURE!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:00 am
EggaxSponge
teh sexiful nerdy
Surely Not
teh sexiful nerdy
Surely Not

O bby. redface

rawr <3 xD

Wtf is going on? She gets sex for something I already said?! gonk You're married to meeee. crying xd heart
I was about to say the same thing to you, minus the married part. xD

ZOMG. Love quadralateral. Lets write about it. >.>  

Teh Banz

Goddess Ace
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:06 am
Teh Banz
EggaxSponge
teh sexiful nerdy
Surely Not
teh sexiful nerdy
Surely Not

O bby. redface

rawr <3 xD

I was about to say the same thing to you, minus the married part. xD

ZOMG. Love quadralateral. Lets write about it. >.>

Eggs, nerds, and word phrases? That's sounds pretty hot heart  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out