Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
The Olympics [Official Discussion Thread] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you going to watch it?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Goddess Ace
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:14 am
Coverage for today started at 10 AM and will end at 6 PM on the NBC network - there's like a two hour block for just news, including Entertainment tonight which is just celeberity gossip =/ The things America must watch D:

There's also a few other networks with coverage but luckily most of them are on in the day time.

Right now I'm watching some women's volleyball. Nothing like some lovely Russian ladies in bikkinis heart  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:19 am
I just turned on the tv, we've have coverage from 11am until 4:30pm, but it's 4:20pm now so I missed it whoops!
It's horse riding at the moment...not to my tastes, I'd much rather be watching the Russian in bikinis...! crying  

RaidenKazama

Goddess Ace
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:23 am
The two networks I have are both covering volley ball.

I rather see the horse riding xd

NBC is going to keep bringing up this stabbing that happened - yes, terrible but come on - don't bring down the goodwill gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:44 am
Wow, Japan and America are tied in Woman's Volleyball. Every time someone scores, another one scores too. Intense. eek

Horse riding? I wanna see horsies.  

Midori Hayashi
Crew

Goddess Ace
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:52 am
Talk about intense, women's weightlifting is crazy.

Fencing is on now heart  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:55 am
Goddess Ace
Talk about intense, women's weightlifting is crazy.

Fencing is on now heart

USA vs USA fencing. Wow.  

Midori Hayashi
Crew

MonsieurSponge

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:51 am
I KNOW!!!

We placed ALL THREE METALS IN WOMEN'S SABRE!!!

I am so happy, I can barely talk. xd heart  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:59 am
RaidenKazama
Kitsukage
About the smog comment; why do you think London has started charging people for entering the City with a vehicle? London 2012. They're trying to put on a pretty face, for the Olympics, to try and make up for the shitty weather. =) Come 2012, you'll start hearing people on the news saying, "Well, 2012 is definitely overshadowing China 2008 in terms of atmosphere." all because its in a country that is liked; at least mostly, anyway.

As for the Olympics, I don't actually really watch them, because I always seem to lose interest through all the commercials that go on, between each event. I don't know about other country's networks, but commercials are the bane of British Television. I might see if I can pay enough attention to the swimming and other water-related Olympic games.. and the Javelin. I wanna see if someone goes home looking like my Mule. XD

Well not you bum you out, but the congestion charge has been here before we knew we were hosting the Olympics and I can't comment for other countries but I've been hearing the opposite; that England won't have a chance at putting on a better opening ceremony, which I agree so I don't think people will start saying saying that England's is better in 2012 because people prefer it as a country, atmosphere around it maybe as there won't be so much political tension.

Also Yeah commercial breaks suck...but they are worse in America!
Quote:

not that i don't acknowledge that tibet was a crazy-a** "i will kill you if you don't worship like we worship" kinda place BEFORE china took over, i just bristle at the idea of any country taking over another country without the wuss-country having a say in it...which is why i get miffed @ my own country and politicians so often. sweatdrop

You do remember how you Americans were born? =p

uh, well, let's see.

europeans fled religious and political persecution from england originally, and those settlers got on fairly well with the native population.

of course, then MORE idiots came, and they did NOT get on well, so the european-americans had lots of fights with the native americans. they did all sorts of nasty things to them, then they fought against their home country, then spain, then the natives out west some more.

however, being someone who's a 12th gen kentuckian and a 8th gen lexingtonian, i didn't have much of a say in that. i was personally born when an american man of french/english/native descent married a nice american girl of MOSTLY native descent with a bit of scots-irish thrown in there.

anyway, did you MISS the part where i said: i just bristle at the idea of any country taking over another country without the wuss-country having a say in it...which is why i get miffed @ my own country and politicians so often

but then, being FROM england, i'm sure YOU'VE never disagreed with what your government has done! heart

edit: back to the topic at hand, angel is verra disappointed because he had to WORK during opening ceremonies and he had to miss it! crying i've been looking around online, but all i can find are snippets of it and he should get to watch the whole crazy thing!

sweatdrop  

WastelandMama
Crew

Goddess Ace
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:05 am
EggaxSponge
I KNOW!!!

Egga needs to be the next fencing super star heart

Omg, the final match was so cool x3  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:05 am
EggaxSponge
I KNOW!!!

OMG once I saw that I was like, "ZOMG EGGA IS GOING TO FLIP!"
Yay! heart  

Midori Hayashi
Crew

MonsieurSponge

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:35 am
Yeah, I'm in a really good mood. But I have a hard time believing that Sada Jacobson only took the silver! But it was THREE Americans. heart

@Ace- I highly doubt that I will ever become an Olympic fencer. I just love it, and do it for the sake of doing it. I don't have any real goals. Fencing in college would be nice, but I doubt I could get much farther than that. But I will always try. xd

In the mean time, I am following the Olympics!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:37 am
You never know Egga, you could be kicking some serious fencing a** and then I can be like, "I told you so." xD  

Goddess Ace
Crew

MonsieurSponge

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:40 am
Goddess Ace
You never know Egga, you could be kicking some serious fencing a** and then I can be like, "I told you so." xD

Butbutbut the only tournament I ever won was in camp and it wasn't even official. crying

But I've only ever been in 2 tournaments, 1 official. xd

The real test will be my next novice tournament...

If i ever kick a**, I will be quite surprised. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:42 am
EggaxSponge
Goddess Ace

Butbutbut the only tournament I ever won was in camp and it wasn't even official. crying

Yeah, but if you're good enough you get a uniform and you can put "Egga" on it xD
Or "Spongey" - I think an athlete named "Spongey" would be awesome.  

Goddess Ace
Crew

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:45 am
Goddess Ace
EggaxSponge
Goddess Ace

Yeah, but if you're good enough you get a uniform and you can put "Egga" on it xD
Or "Spongey" - I think an athlete named "Spongey" would be awesome.

I agree. That would be awesome!  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces