Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
holy crap, a REAL anniversary!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

in our secretest heart...
  its our favorite part of the story...
  let's just admit we all want to make it to...
  ever ever after!
View Results

Zaoth Kun
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:40 am
User Image
Happy 7th ^^

Mine and my bf's 1st year (not married) is on 30th november xD

You had arguments and fallings out >.< Sorry to say this but thank god. Me and my bf argue and nearly broke up and you two are still together after 7 years ^^ That makes me feel so happy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:33 pm
jfm567
bluegrass cat
MissMunchieMonster
xd You go, Blue. Lawl

:O I have a question, did you guys know each other since high school?
Just curious. >_>

yes, we did meet in high school.

he annoyed THE CRAP out of me and we started off verbally sparring with each other every morning.

so while all of my friends were coo'ing over him, i was glaring daggers and wanting to beat the crap outta him.

BUT, then i found out he LIKED me and i was so shocked that i said yes when he asked me out. 3nodding

course, then we went through a bunch of silly hs drama. you know, breakups, makeups, evil interfering parents, etc. verra classic hs stuff.

THEN, after i graduated, a friend told me he was moving away and i honestly had a panic attack. i felt like the whole world stopped in that moment and, for whatever reason, i knew that my decision to reconcile or not before he would move would change my life.

so we did, and it did and we're still together. xd

that's the short version, anyway. 3nodding

soooooo, all guys have to do is piss the women he likes off a whole lot, and then let her secretly find out he likes her and..... relationship? xD

Pretty much. Oh and be confusing. No matter how much they deny it, like to have to guess what's going to happen next.

EDIT: See she already had me figured out she already said that.  

angel_half82
Crew

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:20 pm
Zaoth Kun
User Image
Happy 7th ^^

You had arguments and fallings out >.< Sorry to say this but thank god. Me and my bf argue and nearly broke up and you two are still together after 7 years ^^ That makes me feel so happy

oh, not ONLY did we fully break up for MONTHS, we dated each others best friends.

nice, huh?

at least i was doing it BECAUSE I ACTUALLY KINDA LIKED THE GUY!!!

angel dated jess just out of spite. he would smooch on her and then SMIRK EVILLY @ me. stare

eeeevil!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:24 pm
bluegrass cat
Zaoth Kun
User Image
Happy 7th ^^

oh, not ONLY did we fully break up for MONTHS, we dated each others best friends.

nice, huh?

at least i was doing it BECAUSE I ACTUALLY KINDA LIKED THE GUY!!!

angel dated jess just out of spite. he would smooch on her and then SMIRK EVILLY @ me. stare

eeeevil!

no wonder you guys hooked up,my GF say that peapole who say they hate each other ,actullly like each other,and i was like "so does that mean that i hatte you eek ?"  

X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X

Teh Banz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:37 pm
bluegrass cat

so, discuss:

old people you know who've been married forever
You? xd

Just joking.

But enough joking. What is this "real life" thing I keep hearing about? Is it this month's MC? O_o

Now seriously enough joking. Good job keeping a commitment 7 years longer than I can and ever will. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:02 pm
Yey! Happy Anniversary guys! =D

Seven years, that's so great. Most people don't manage that anymore. :[ Here's to many more though.

My boyfriend and I will be at 2 years not married, but dating come the 29th. (...Well not married should have been obvious since I said "boyfriend." Whatever.)

Hmmm, old people that have been married a long time. Only thing that comes to mind is my grandparents. I don't know how long they've been married but it has been a loooong time.

Tell me, what's the super super sekrit to keeping a marriage alive and healthy? xD  

Pachelbel Canon

MonsieurSponge

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:00 pm
Happy Anniversary! I'm so glad you've been happy for seven years, and I wish you seven more!

I couldn't make it for two months with my ex. xd He drove me crazy. But I realize that he was a nice guy...hopefully everything will work out.

My parents have been married for 17 years. xd My mother says that she loved my father because he was the first gentleman she ever dated. My dad doesn't really tell me why he liked my mom...but my aunt told me about the time he asked her if he should ask my mom out. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:11 pm
aprilness

Seven years, that's so great. Most people don't manage that anymore. :[ Here's to many more though.

My boyfriend and I will be at 2 years not married, but dating come the 29th. (...Well not married should have been obvious since I said "boyfriend." Whatever.)

Hmmm, old people that have been married a long time. Only thing that comes to mind is my grandparents. I don't know how long they've been married but it has been a loooong time.

Tell me, what's the super super sekrit to keeping a marriage alive and healthy? xD

i think the secret is, you have to have friendship as a foundation. because there will be times when, in the heat of a passionate moment, you will HATE that person. HATE HATE HATE. and you will probably throw things at them. ninja

BUT, if you have friendship as a foundation, its like, idk, a deeper bond. and that hate usually melts away a lot faster.

plus, that moment comes when you want to go running to your best friend and cry all over them and you realize its the person you've been pissed at all along. xd cuts the time of fighting right in half!

and, i think that if you can survive the first year, you'll be fine. that first year is BRUTAL. your pride gets in the way a lot, you have to learn to NOT be selfish, you have to compromise and accept that someone else's happiness is more important than your own at times. it SUCKS. and i, for one, am GLAD we were in kansas and 12 hours from my nearest friend or relative because there were all sorts of times i just wanted to go running for the hills to someone who would pat me on the head and agree that angel was a great big meanie, and i'm sure angel felt the same way at times. but NOT having that forced us to deal with problems as they arose and not rely on outside assistance.

yup yup. 3nodding  

WastelandMama
Crew

churrlo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:26 pm
I COMPLETELY agree bluegrass cat O: There could not have been more perfect advice heart  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:49 pm
Yeah what she said.  

angel_half82
Crew

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:37 pm
bluegrass cat
aprilness

i think the secret is, you have to have friendship as a foundation. because there will be times when, in the heat of a passionate moment, you will HATE that person. HATE HATE HATE. and you will probably throw things at them. ninja

BUT, if you have friendship as a foundation, its like, idk, a deeper bond. and that hate usually melts away a lot faster.

plus, that moment comes when you want to go running to your best friend and cry all over them and you realize its the person you've been pissed at all along. xd cuts the time of fighting right in half!

and, i think that if you can survive the first year, you'll be fine. that first year is BRUTAL. your pride gets in the way a lot, you have to learn to NOT be selfish, you have to compromise and accept that someone else's happiness is more important than your own at times. it SUCKS. and i, for one, am GLAD we were in kansas and 12 hours from my nearest friend or relative because there were all sorts of times i just wanted to go running for the hills to someone who would pat me on the head and agree that angel was a great big meanie, and i'm sure angel felt the same way at times. but NOT having that forced us to deal with problems as they arose and not rely on outside assistance.

yup yup. 3nodding

Ah. That makes a lot of sense really. My friend said something a while back about how he wasn't going to date his friends anymore. I always thought having a friendship was a much better foundation for intimacy than being complete strangers. neutral  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:41 pm
aprilness
bluegrass cat
aprilness

yup yup. 3nodding

Ah. That makes a lot of sense really. My friend said something a while back about how he wasn't going to date his friends anymore. I always thought having a friendship was a much better foundation for intimacy than being complete strangers. neutral

Breaking up with someone that is your friend can be really messy though. Especially since you're likely to have tons of mutual friends. Or maybe thats only in my experience  

Iconised Ghost

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:01 pm
No, a friend of mine had that same problem Ghost. If I broke up with my boyfriend I don't think it would be a big deal in my case though. While we do share overlapping friend circles, his closest friends and my closest friends are not the same people at all. Though I actually met him through a friend of mine (who obviously was a friend of his too), but I don't really talk to that person anymore anyway, so even that wouldn't matter either way to me. XD  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:08 pm
aprilness
No, a friend of mine had that same problem Ghost. If I broke up with my boyfriend I don't think it would be a big deal in my case though. While we do share overlapping friend circles, his closest friends and my closest friends are not the same people at all. Though I actually met him through a friend of mine (who obviously was a friend of his too), but I don't really talk to that person anymore anyway, so even that wouldn't matter either way to me. XD

yeah, the boy i dated while angel and i were fighting and not dating was my then best friend.

he took our breakup really, REALLY badly, and i'm sad to say i did everything i could to exasperate the situation because i was pissed off. sweatdrop i told him a vicious lie to hurt him, and he ended up just shutting me out of his life forever.

i've even tried apologizing several times over the years, but i think its a lost cause...

and that sucks since i really liked him AS A FRIEND, ya know? i barely even remember the time we spent as boyfriend/girlfriend, but i remember and miss that friendship. crying

angel wasn't my best friend when we first started dating, he was just a friend. but then after we broke up and worked through our collective anger ((which was great and mighty!)) we became best friends.

THEN we started dating again and new, mature-ish individuals and eventually got married. 3nodding

it was a long, complicated process. rofl  

WastelandMama
Crew

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:36 am
bluegrass cat
aprilness

yeah, the boy i dated while angel and i were fighting and not dating was my then best friend.

he took our breakup really, REALLY badly, and i'm sad to say i did everything i could to exasperate the situation because i was pissed off. sweatdrop i told him a vicious lie to hurt him, and he ended up just shutting me out of his life forever.

i've even tried apologizing several times over the years, but i think its a lost cause...

and that sucks since i really liked him AS A FRIEND, ya know? i barely even remember the time we spent as boyfriend/girlfriend, but i remember and miss that friendship. crying

angel wasn't my best friend when we first started dating, he was just a friend. but then after we broke up and worked through our collective anger ((which was great and mighty!)) we became best friends.

THEN we started dating again and new, mature-ish individuals and eventually got married. 3nodding

it was a long, complicated process. rofl

im finding it hard not to exaserbate my own situation at the moment. But seriously, sometimes its like they are asking for it -__-

I suppose it is always going to be long and complicated right?  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff