I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Religion: Exclusivist, Inclusivist, Pluralist, or Other? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Exclusivist, Inclusivist, Pluralist, Culturally-Sensitive, or Other?
  Exclusivist
  Inclusivist
  Pluralist
  Culturally-Sensitive
  Other/TL;DR
View Results

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:31 am
Oh, here's a thought: What if there isn't just a singular truth but a multitude of truths? What if people get so caught up in finding THE TRUTH that they blindly close their eyes to other truths that could help them to better understand their religion and others?

Maybe there is no one right answer. There are many. This would explain why other religions' goals and ideals differ so much. They are following a different path, so their answers to the truth will be different.

It's like asking "what is one plus one?" Most people will answer with the number two, but some will answer with the number three or more. Both are correct. But the answers are to different questions. Those of us who see this as a basic mathematical equation will answer with two because we know one apple paired with another apple gives us two apples. But those of us looking at this as a relationship of one person plus another person will think of it as a family planning exercise and will answer with three or more because the next common stage is children/pets in the a fore mentioned coupling. This is just like asking "what is the goal of your faith?" There will be different answers, and they won't be wrong despite the differences.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:05 am
I used to go before to church(christian), so I´m suppossed to be christian, although now I don´t go to any church  

TeDdY_bEcHiA16

8,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • First step to fame 200

lazycommie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:07 pm
I guess you would call me an exclusivist. Unlike aq lot of people, I'm not going to try and be "PC" about my beliefs. I believe them, nothing is going to change that, period.

However, I'm indifferent towards other people's beliefs. Well, maybe indifferent is a poor word, since I do love religious discussions, it's just that they're notgoing to change me and I'm not going to change them.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff