what is a pms??????

personal messages u get  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:55 pm
Angel Of Sol
lunaci
Angel Of Sol
lunaci
Angel Of Sol
I take care of my grandma 24/7. Last year she had 2 heartattacks in the same week. Needless to say, her health is slowly going down hill. When I am not at home with her, I am at work while my mom is home with her. I have 2 uncles that she gave birth to and are still alive that won't lift a finger, (well one does and he lives next door and he only lifts a finger to flip my off and cuss my family out....drunking SOB). So, I have no social life or life of my own. Can be a real relationship buster....I just turned 30 this summer.

Why not see if you can hire a RN or health aide to help with your grandmother? That could free up some time for you.

For someone that may be a great idea and all, but, not for her and this family. She is still very indepent as she can be, (by this, I also mean stubborn). She and the family don't have the funds for such a luxury, and lastly, she is picky on who takes care of her. She has trust issues and what not, and I know people who do that as there job and there are a lot of bad ones out there. I too also worked in a nursing home and have seen what families do not. Once you work in one, you have a change of heart. Secret is to never have a set schedule to see your love one in a nursing home, check in often, never call to say your coming, and never leave valueables there.

It is just how I was raise I guess. We take care for eachother no matter what. That is what families as suppose to do...

Thanks for the information though, I enjoyed it a lot.

Wow! I can't say I've seen the bad side of a nursing home, but I agree with you on not sending anyone there.

Does your grandma handle her business independently? Is she resistant to a change in her diet or did she already incorporate it?

Like all people, she is going to be crankie at that age. That is how we can tell that she is in good health and doing fine. She has been a good patient. She still with it. Which is good. She just can't do the things that she loved to do like she used to now.

Man, I'm sorry I can't suggest anything. The only thing I can think of is really off topic; If you wanted to, you could look into homeopathy for your grandmother. I actually read somewhere that the use of herbs can have beneficial results, though it is a slow process. Still, the side affects are not as bad as with conventional medications and consulting with a professional could both improve you grandma's vitality and grant you a little more personal time.  

lunaci

Angel Of Sol

500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:35 pm
lunaci
Angel Of Sol
lunaci
Angel Of Sol
lunaci
Angel Of Sol
I take care of my grandma 24/7. Last year she had 2 heartattacks in the same week. Needless to say, her health is slowly going down hill. When I am not at home with her, I am at work while my mom is home with her. I have 2 uncles that she gave birth to and are still alive that won't lift a finger, (well one does and he lives next door and he only lifts a finger to flip my off and cuss my family out....drunking SOB). So, I have no social life or life of my own. Can be a real relationship buster....I just turned 30 this summer.

Why not see if you can hire a RN or health aide to help with your grandmother? That could free up some time for you.

For someone that may be a great idea and all, but, not for her and this family. She is still very indepent as she can be, (by this, I also mean stubborn). She and the family don't have the funds for such a luxury, and lastly, she is picky on who takes care of her. She has trust issues and what not, and I know people who do that as there job and there are a lot of bad ones out there. I too also worked in a nursing home and have seen what families do not. Once you work in one, you have a change of heart. Secret is to never have a set schedule to see your love one in a nursing home, check in often, never call to say your coming, and never leave valueables there.

It is just how I was raise I guess. We take care for eachother no matter what. That is what families as suppose to do...

Thanks for the information though, I enjoyed it a lot.

Wow! I can't say I've seen the bad side of a nursing home, but I agree with you on not sending anyone there.

Does your grandma handle her business independently? Is she resistant to a change in her diet or did she already incorporate it?

Like all people, she is going to be crankie at that age. That is how we can tell that she is in good health and doing fine. She has been a good patient. She still with it. Which is good. She just can't do the things that she loved to do like she used to now.

Man, I'm sorry I can't suggest anything. The only thing I can think of is really off topic; If you wanted to, you could look into homeopathy for your grandmother. I actually read somewhere that the use of herbs can have beneficial results, though it is a slow process. Still, the side affects are not as bad as with conventional medications and consulting with a professional could both improve you grandma's vitality and grant you a little more personal time.

Like all people, she has her days and I have mine. The meds she is on now are working good for her right now. She is adjusting to the changes better then I thought she would. It has been over a year now since her 1st heart attack. Thanks for listening though. That helps out more then anything.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:25 pm
to Angel Of Sol:

No problem. Feel free to pm me if you want. I may not be able to come up with a solution, but I can at least listen.  

lunaci

Wixandrettas

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:30 pm
I dont know if this is available in your area but.. what about Adult Day Care?

We have ADC through the hospital I work at.. they are extremely well done.. .They do many things together without compromising dignity and independence, plus it gives people the chance to mingle with others in their age range and make new friends... They take field trips, cook together, and so many more things...

The majority of insurances cover ADC fees and it can give you and your family a break every now and then.

Remember... you have to take care of yourself first before you can take care of others...  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:47 am
Aloft Cloudsea
I'm repressing my emotions. I've been doing it so much and for so long just so others could be happy, and it comes to the point that sometimes I don't even know what I want anymore, or I feel that some emotions are just 'primal' things that aren't even worth acknowledging.

I don't think I apply it to EVERY situation, though; just some situations where I feel that I'd raise hell on earth if I persisted in doing what I wanted anyway. Or is that actually normal? -

I asked an empath friend of mine before about what she felt was going on around me, and she couldn't explain or help me about it, but she could feel it. Heh. I dunno. So confused, now.

I used to do the same thing. ANything that i was feeling i pushed it down and away. I used to think that emotions were for the weak. That The only thing that kept me going was my anger, that it gave me strength. But after a while i realzied that if anything it was hurting me more. My heart was closed off to the world and I didnt let anyone in for fear of being hurt. Hell it natural for people to withdraw a little. But Remember this if nothing else. Pain comes and goes. Emotions are there to help you deal with s**t in your life. And above all DO NOT hold it in. If your sad be sad, if you want to scream do it. After all your only human. Look at yourself in the mirror and ask your self whats your problem. Look at all of you good points and bad. Weigh them evenly and Change yourself. It wont happen right away but if you want to change you will. I thought that i was weak but im not. Weakness is giving up. Emotions may be primal but without them we would be just robots.  

Sliverbolt

Lady_Niqui

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:10 pm
Well since you asked.... heh.
Since I've got the chance I'm going to rant about something thats been annoying me for weeks now. It's nothing big but I just get so sick of it that I start planning all the different ways I can annoy everyone within 500 feet of me...

*/rant on* oh my freaking goodness, I want to stab someone with a spork everytime I'm trying to talk about something thats on my mind or a problem I have and they act like they just have to one-up me or something. Like my problems don't mean anything just because I'm not having the same problem as the person I'm talking to. There's a couple people who do this to me. Like my husband when I ask why he hasnt washed a dish in 3 weeks... I get "Oh... been at work all day. I'm tired right now. I'll do it on my day off." Meanwhile, I got off work an hour before he did but I'm supposed to cook, straighten up, and make sure he has clean underpants for the next day. Like me busting my hump at work all day doesnt mean anything just because he comes home later everyday than I do. talk2hand Plus I feel like a bag of muddy socks most days because I'm lugging my 7mos pregnant arse around when all I really want to do is sleep. ARGHHHHHH! Anyways, thanks for the rant moment. I'm just going to find a cardboard box and carry it with me all the time and smack everyone who annoys me with it. */rant off*  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:21 pm
Lady_Niqui
Well since you asked.... heh.
Since I've got the chance I'm going to rant about something thats been annoying me for weeks now. It's nothing big but I just get so sick of it that I start planning all the different ways I can annoy everyone within 500 feet of me...

*/rant on* oh my freaking goodness, I want to stab someone with a spork everytime I'm trying to talk about something thats on my mind or a problem I have and they act like they just have to one-up me or something. Like my problems don't mean anything just because I'm not having the same problem as the person I'm talking to. There's a couple people who do this to me. Like my husband when I ask why he hasnt washed a dish in 3 weeks... I get "Oh... been at work all day. I'm tired right now. I'll do it on my day off." Meanwhile, I got off work an hour before he did but I'm supposed to cook, straighten up, and make sure he has clean underpants for the next day. Like me busting my hump at work all day doesnt mean anything just because he comes home later everyday than I do. talk2hand Plus I feel like a bag of muddy socks most days because I'm lugging my 7mos pregnant arse around when all I really want to do is sleep. ARGHHHHHH! Anyways, thanks for the rant moment. I'm just going to find a cardboard box and carry it with me all the time and smack everyone who annoys me with it. */rant off*

That sounds like a husband who would be sleeping on the couch or bedroom floor. I'm mad for you on the strength that you are pregnant and still have to do everything.

A sibling of mine is due in December, but I can see that she is having trouble doing everyday normal things (like tying her shoes). How dare any man complain about how tired he is and not do a damn thing when is wife or girlfriend is 7 months pregnant! scream

Sorry about my mini rant. Can your husband cook? If so, then he'd have no trouble cooking for himself. Plus, I bet the people on his job would love to be around him if he didn't have a clean pair of underclothes on. ~_^  

lunaci

JadeB82

5,050 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:11 am
Lady_Niqui

Why is it that if something goes wrong in the home, it is always the womans fault? Our society is really backwards and out of sync. Most homes in America today require both adults to be employed in order for the household to survive financially. Yet it still (in many cases, not all) expected that the woman take care of the household as well. I am sick and tired of having to do it all and not getting any help. I ask for help (and when I do I have to spell it out directly as to what I want done, and give multiple reminders over the next several days) and half of the time it never gets acomplished anyways. Is it wrong to be angry all of the time because of it? I am. I wish that talking, or arguing, or ranting would help, but it doesn't. So, I give up. I don't care about the laundry, dishes, or making dinner. Sometimes I would rather work late than deal with my home life.

Lady_Niqui, you are doing the most glorious thing in the world by creating new life. You deserve help with the household chores and your husband should be treating you like a queen. Hit him with a book or something, maybe it will knock some sense into him.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:36 am
I wish I hadn't fought so hard and for so long to be 'normal'  

freaxy
Crew

killafrog
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:28 pm
fr34x0r

yea life is like that i wish i didnt do this so long or whatever, but just be yourself and ones who like what you are will stay  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:42 pm
killafrog
fr34x0r

yea life is like that i wish i didnt do this so long or whatever, but just be yourself and ones who like what you are will stay

well...it was either force myself to be normal, or face some major discrimination through my school years, and so on.  

freaxy
Crew

killafrog
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:21 pm
fr34x0r
killafrog
fr34x0r

well...it was either force myself to be normal, or face some major discrimination through my school years, and so on.

ya thats true but at least u knew who was a true friend then.  
Serious Conversations

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff