Submit

Human Breast Milk for Ice Cream??
  Yes, it's better
  No way, keep the cow's milk
View Results

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:21 am
This is one of their less-extreme ideas, actually, and has a lot to do with real facts, rather than hysteria and gruesome images.

If dairy cows will suffer from not being milked, it's because of the way the industry is set up and the cows are bred and treated.

I don't have a problem with icecream made from human milk (although I really don't like dairy products to begin with...they give me a sore throat), but I'm not sure where they would find all these lactating women...?

And why not just use soy milk? I know some people are allergic to soy, but a lot of people are lactose intolerant, too.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:28 am
Taeryyn
This is one of their less-extreme ideas, actually, and has a lot to do with real facts, rather than hysteria and gruesome images.

If dairy cows will suffer from not being milked, it's because of the way the industry is set up and the cows are bred and treated.

I don't have a problem with icecream made from human milk (although I really don't like dairy products to begin with...they give me a sore throat), but I'm not sure where they would find all these lactating women...?

And why not just use soy milk? I know some people are allergic to soy, but a lot of people are lactose intolerant, too.

Tae: I've actually seen some soy-milk ice cream down here, but then again, this is a state where ice cream is needed almost year round to keep people from passing out from the heat... that and TONS and TONS of water ^^

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Meet Passion Rose
Meet Passion Lilac
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Click on my hatchlings, help them grow up! Please!!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Click on my eggs, help them hatch! Please!!

Champagne98

Ultra Kikio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:34 am
I can't belive I'm saying this but a woman I know that had a real fur coat said "If you throw paint at my coat I'm ripping your balls off and sewing the crap out of you".I know real fur is gross but the should'nt throw paint balls since they paid so much! neutral  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:43 am
I can't wait until I get my mother's shawl... I absolutely love it, and I can mess with PETA minds with it... it's Faux Fur, but damn it looks real ^^

Meet Passion Rose
Meet Passion Lilac
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Champagne98

skittlemaster42

Wealthy Tycoon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:34 pm
I'm pretty sure PETA doesn't have enough power to make ice cream companies make their ice cream out of breast milk. Personally, I wouldn't care, if it was gross enough, i kno how to make ice cream anyways. PETA has some good ideas, and some eccentric, just like all organizations around the globe.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:36 pm
PETA...scares me stare

This came up in conversation last night when I was talking with my friend over Yahoo. And the very first thing I typed back was, ">.< Ew...WHY?! D="

I mean, I agree that killing animals and treating them horribly for non-essentials is just wrong. I like animals. And by non-essentials I mean fur coats and testing cosmetics and such on them (I'm more iffy on leather...Cuz thats horrible and all but uh...*stares at car's leather seats and genuine leather wallets* Ahem...yeah stare ). But I like meat. And meat is good for you, dammit >.< And really I don't mind testing on animals for like...medical purposes. As long as it's to better human life (Cosmetics don't better humanity in any way shape or form! scream ), then I see no problem with it (cuz really, who else are we going to test them on? Humans? That's just...wrong >.<)

Now back to the actual topic at hand: I just...can't see why they see a need to abolish using cow milk >.< I can understand the whole 'horrid practices' excuse, but that just means that we have to change how the industry treats the cows, which is probably easier than trying to get large companies to stop using cows altogether >.< That and...just...yield issues and all gonk It'd be impossible to properly and completely switch out cow milk for human milk...From a business point of view that is...

[/rambly-semi-uneducated(on-the-topic-that-is)-opinion]

invisible-weirdo

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:06 pm
    PETA's always been ******** up. They're against people owning pets of any kind, even blind people have seeing-eye dogs. They also donate money to violent activist groups like ALF. It creeps me out how PETA continue to exist and support itself.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:21 pm
This whole thing is wacked. I'm all for animal rights and everything, but this is just insane. So by their logic, it's better to treat a human woman like a mass production milk factory, but not a cow? Would they pay the women, or would it be like, 'lactate for us for free!!!' Wouldn't it be more expensive to produce and buy if you take that into consideration?

Also, think about the fact that people have been getting milk from animals like goats and cows for thousands of years without any problems. Suddenly we're going to change it to breast milk just because some wackos think its better for humans to produce their own milk than make the cows do it?

How about they go about making the milking process more humane and comfortable for the cows than going off the deep end and switching to human milk? Gee, now that makes so much more sense!  

Alantie Mistaniu

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:37 pm
I agree with the majority here that PETA's jsut gone a bit far this time..

Condensed reasons (all previously stated..)
*why not just fight for more humane conditions for cows?
*cows have a higher yield
*..isn't [almost] just as bad to use women instead of cows? (I dunno if that was said already or not..) + pay issues (as noted by Alantie)
*how unlikely it would be to get the companies to switch over..
*just a general "WTF?? gonk "

Yeah, I agree that a good number of places mis-treat/abuse the animals they use (including the dairy industry), but I really don't think this is the answer ... Just.. no. *protectively covers chest*  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:48 pm
I think PETA has lost something.... their collective mind

Meet Passion Rose
Meet Passion Lilac
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Champagne98

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:51 pm
Taeryyn
[...] but I'm not sure where they would find all these lactating women...?[...]
Kals is questing again!

Induced lactation isn't all that difficult. You don't have to pump out a baby to start pumping out milk.

Kals' Collaborative Crossword Puzzle!
PM for details!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:10 pm
Kalstolyn
Taeryyn
Kals is questing again!

Induced lactation isn't all that difficult. You don't have to pump out a baby to start pumping out milk.

PM for details!

I mean, I wonder what the ad in the newspaper would look like? x3  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:44 pm
Taeryyn
Kalstolyn
Taeryyn
Kals is questing again!

PM for details!

I mean, I wonder what the ad in the newspaper would look like? x3

That...is a damn good question XD *starts wondering as well*  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:46 pm
So it's okay to do to people but not animals?

And why is eating other animals wrong but it's okay for lions to eat zebras and for eagles to eat fish and so on?

-La Belle Isolde-

Trish the Stalker

coolcatkb

700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gaian 50
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:52 pm
lol ness  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff