A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
What do you think? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Can you remember how many Cash Shop updates we had this month?
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
I can't even remember what I had for breakfast.
68%
 68%  [ 15 ]
And your point is?
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
oooh . . . I want a Jinxi . . .
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 22

Lil-Jo
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:46 pm
I quit giving Gaia money for anything a while ago...  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:27 pm
I don't really consider the items in the cash shop the "best" ones.
So, no. No problem here.  

Harbone
Crew

freaxy
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:52 pm
I've never spent even a dime on gaia  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:33 am
I have no problem with IE's but why not make some common gold fish items too?  

Mrs_Black_Bear

Bleu_Fyre

350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:29 pm
The only problem that I have with it, is that I can't afford it....yet. Also, I don't really want to spend actual money on something that doesn't really exist. Especially since something could go wrong and they could deactivate my account, or something. It's happened to a few people I know. They weren't doing anything against the rules, but they were talking to someone who was (and didn't know they were breaking the rules). Therefore, their account was blocked/deactivated, as well as all of their items they paid for. They were so pissed. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:05 pm
I agree making the fish shop cash only was abit of an insult stare  

Azure Alexea

September Wolf

Wintry Dragon

21,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:17 pm
I don't have any real money to spend on Gaia - and even if I did, I'm not sure I would. You don't get anything real for it!

On the othe hand, I do like some of the items, so just save up my Gaia Gold.

I do understand that Gaia is a business and needs to make money. I just wish they would add some new stuff for us poor folks too.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:16 pm
Jinnari Kisaragi
I think that, yeah...Gaia does need to shake a little cash out of us every once in a while. But what kind of bothers me is the huge difference between Cash Shop Items, Monthly Collectables, and regular Items. It's like they stopped caring about the Collectables and regular Items and just put all of their time and energy in squeezing a little more cash out of us. I mean...aquariums? Wha? I didn't think the gaian public as a whole was clamoring to watch pixiliated fish swim around. sweatdrop

Yes, I agree. The Aquarium is a little out there. Why do the cute cuddly fish cost 5$ ???  

Pink Mint Tea

Feleoness

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:40 pm
I'm glad they've made some items available through daily chance, but it's still disappointing that everything for the aquariums is sold for cash only (with the exception of going to the market place and purchasing things for a bloated price.)
I've bought a cash cards before, but the nearest place to buy them is an half hour away. And I don't use my credit/debit cards online. There's just nothing anyone can say to make me feel secure enough to risk my earnings!
Gaia should realize that spending rl money on stuff that only exist in cyberspace is a luxury, and making things exclusively available through cash can make patron feel alienated and resentful. By happy with what we can splurge on and don't get greedy!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:47 am
leolionlady
I'm glad they've made some items available through daily chance, but it's still disappointing that everything for the aquariums is sold for cash only (with the exception of going to the market place and purchasing things for a bloated price.)
I've bought a cash cards before, but the nearest place to buy them is an half hour away. And I don't use my credit/debit cards online. There's just nothing anyone can say to make me feel secure enough to risk my earnings!
Gaia should realize that spending rl money on stuff that only exist in cyberspace is a luxury, and making things exclusively available through cash can make patron feel alienated and resentful. By happy with what we can splurge on and don't get greedy!

Lately I've been feeling the same way since I found out that Fallen Wish was 999 GC right off the bat. I didn't mind when they released items in the Cash Shop as long as you could by them early for 2$. Right after that, they released the Aquarium.  

Pink Mint Tea

Brain Akazariua

Wealthy Businessman

18,850 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle Hardened 150
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:56 am
well, some things they take to far. like other mentioned, it would be better if the Fish shop was gold & cash combined.
other then that I know they actually need the cash shop to keep the site running since the MCs don't supply them with enough money to keep the site going.

to many gaians are to demanding while this site costs over a mill a month. they make more then that but they need every additional bit of money incase they need to replace servers which aren't cheap.

as long as the site itself remains free and they don't force you to pay with money for to many things, I'm fine with it and keep spending money on it but the funds I spend remain the same or become a little less, I'm not adding ^_^

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:42 pm
I find it completely reasonable to expect to pay for some things on a fre site, especially when most things aren't over $9.99. I do feel some items are slacking, and too many are coming out too soon to justify buying as much as I normally would. Usually I see an item or 3, and covet them until payday and 'treat' myself. Now that there's like 10 things I want at once, I feel I've lost some of the magic and it just feels like retail sad  

Kalisinclair2

Pink Mint Tea

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:58 pm
Kalisinclair2
I find it completely reasonable to expect to pay for some things on a fre site, especially when most things aren't over $9.99. I do feel some items are slacking, and too many are coming out too soon to justify buying as much as I normally would. Usually I see an item or 3, and covet them until payday and 'treat' myself. Now that there's like 10 things I want at once, I feel I've lost some of the magic and it just feels like retail sad

Maybe that's why I feel discontent. It's lost it's "magic" for me too. I didn't mind paying for items that I really wanted. But now I can't keep up!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:21 pm
Paying real money for the fish is crazy!! I can see buying some items...but come on get some more advertising ads make gaia a little cheaper! Especially for us geezers that have to buy diapers for 2 or more kids! smile  

BelovedSerenity

Pookynators Mom

Hitched Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:36 pm
I must admit that I have purchased items from the cash shop a few times. My lastest buy was a Nitemare Box. I actually got some pretty cool stuff out of them.
I don't agree with the aquarium shop. I think that the kids and us adults as well should have the opportunity of purchasing items with our gold. Not everyone likes to shop in the marketplace. Sometimes the items there cost way more than the actual store item price.
Okay enough..I'll get off my soap box now wink  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces