Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
A good idea... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Join me?
  Why not? I'll do anything Jimmy does, after all.
  No, I'm afraid I'm far to lazy, and have far too litte time. But hindsight is 20/20, and in the future, I will wish I had done this.
View Results

Dark_Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:09 pm
Well, I can't say that my workout routine is all that impressive, especially when compared to the normal Navy workout that all the rest of the guys around here seem to do. A normal afternoon for me, though, is to start off with a brisk mile walk down to one of the three jogging trails they have here. Once there, I'll do a few warm-up stretches, a few jumping jacks, and be ready to go.

I usually run along the trail for a good 2.5 to 3 miles before I stop, do some push/sit-ups, and then run back to my room for a shower. On odd days, I'll run a mile around the track they have here, then go to the gym and do some arm and abdominal stuff. Nothing too heavy. Definitely not first-post-worthy.

The Navy physical fitness standards aren't as heavy as the other branches (because let's face it, how far are you REALLY going to need to run on a boat?), but it's still pretty rigorous if you aren't used to the challenge. The biggest advantage I have is the motivation. There's nothing like the threat of losing your job to make you stay in shape. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:21 pm
I.... don't really have the time to do much of a work-out. sweatdrop Honestly. Lazy days are once in a blue moon for me; there's always some sort of thing to be done.....

But! To be a part of this thread, which I definitely would like to be, I'm going to quit junk food and desserts of all sorts. Cold turkey. (with the exception of holidays and birthdays only) This includes soda, chips........c-...... cookies........ I will not snack out of boredom, either. I will feed only when my body asks me to, and only upon healthy snacks such as fruits and veggies. I'm mostly doing this to save my teeth (don't want to stain them before I get my braces off, after all) and arteries, though I also feel I must do it as a test of will. You know, just to see how long I can. Maybe I can make a life-long deal out of this. surprised  

Slim95
Crew

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:04 pm
Almost three sets of 30lb curls - 12 reps each. About 2 minute breaks in between.

Hand grips: 50 each hand - twice

One mile: 9:05 I'm improving! biggrin

2 sets of 20 knuckle push ups. 20 second break in between.

Tried what Erius suggested. I can't do it properly. I'll try it tomorrow when I'm rested. I did hold for a minute. ;D

Wow, I got tired. 20 sit-ups. Very few. D8<

And that's all for today... For now. O_O  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:31 pm
Lawl, I put my bench away a few months back. I can't really lift weights anymore due to shoulder injuries and problems with my wrist and elbow. Squats are out of the question to since I jacked up my ankles and knees.

I still string and free hand (Glowsticking) for about an hour or two a day, and I walk a good hour or two a night when weather's nice and permits it.

Whereas I don't lift weights all the time, I still do heavy lifting when helping people move stuff, and I do that suprisingly often.

I like this idea Jimmy. I'll try to get in about 50 situps a day if I have time, and about 10 pushups. (Once again, shoulder, wrist, and elbow problems get in the way of doing these, and I've actually had my shoulder give out on me before.) I may even extend my nightly walk about an hour - hour and a half if I can.  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:54 pm
One mile: 8:49 Hoorah!

Deadlifts with a 70lb bar: 4 sets x 13 reps

I can't do more due to overexertion when I was rough housing and punching around with my cousin.

Lol.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:08 pm
I tried to do a sit up today...my floor is too hard sad  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:09 pm
Get a small pillow. :3 Or a folded towel.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:11 pm
Hmmmmm...not a bad idea *ponders*  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:16 pm
Also, change your bottoms if you're wearing pants with annoying belt loops.

*Has experience* ;D  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:19 pm
Actually... Just get naked and do it...

Umm, make a video too, so we can... Critque... Your exercising style...

=3  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:21 pm
lol That could get ...awkward Alky. I don't live alone ninja
And yeah I know..I wear sweat pants when I'm just sitting around the house usually so...no worry about belt loops smile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:28 pm
well, lifting is a pretty commonplace thing for me at work...I do most if not all of the load breaking, and cases of meat weigh upwards of 70+lbs.

I haven't been doing much running since the last Bay to Breakers, but I'll tell you what, I go for a run tomorrow morning, to my high school, and have a few laps around the track.

maybe some other work out type things too...I am getting a little pudgy around the belly area.

And my calves and thighs aren't as massive as they used to be.  

Arcanas

Hunter

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:45 am
We'll want to add about 19 minutes of pure DDR with songs from the 8 bar difficulty and up. ;D

Shoulder Press: 3 sets of 30 reps using a heavy resistance rope

Good Mornings: 3 sets of 10 reps - 70lb bar

Earlier Today:
One Mile: 8:49
Deadlifts - 70lb bar: 4 sets x 13 reps  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:48 am
Jeez Jaft...I'm tired after just reading all that.  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:14 am
Lulz... The extra back muscles help me sleep easier. Thank goodness. ;D

I'm still not done either.... I might have to work on my abdominals once I finish some chores/favours.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff