Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:15 pm
xd One of my good friends from California is totally fed up with her overly obsessed friends. She said her one friend lost the $20 that her mom gave her to go see the movie, and threw a fit when her mother wouldn't give her any more cash. Like a full on bawling type fit.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:12 am
I'm from California... I could see that happening to people I know.

*sigh*... seeing as I am a guy, and I don't like getting on the bad sides of girls... I think I'll keep my opinions of just how much the writing in Twilight is awful to myself so that I don't get mauled by a stampede of girls headed for me.

... on second thought, maybe that's not such a bad idea....

Ephraim the Lunar Warrior

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:49 am
At first I thought it was okay...then I picked up another much better and much better WRITTEN book, that's when I realized what horrible pieces of literature those were. I refuse to read anymore of those books. But I try to keep my mouth shut and criticism to myself because two of my friends love the books...I'm somewhat disappointed that two very avid readers actually enjoy them. -sigh-  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:57 am
Hmmm, I'll probably see the movie when Shelly forces me to see it...

I haven't read the last book that's out yet 'cause I still need to borrow it from Shells, but... Of the ones I have read, I think Twilight was good and the ones after is... Not so good. I'll read the series, but I'll never own it. It's okay, but not good enough to buy when I can mooch it off of my obsessive fangirls friends anyways... sweatdrop  

Lobo-chan

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:24 am
Lobo-chan

I haven't read the last book that's out yet 'cause I still need to borrow it from Shells, but... Of the ones I have read, I think Twilight was good and the ones after is... Not so good. I'll read the series, but I'll never own it. It's okay, but not good enough to buy when I can mooch it off of my obsessive fangirls friends anyways... sweatdrop

It seems like so many people I know, with 0 interest in Twilight have friends that are obsessed with forcing them to read/watch it. gonk That sort of thing I can't stand. I don't hate people who like Twilight. I hate people who think that everybody should like Twilight, and just won't shut up and accept that people are entitled to their opinions. sweatdrop

Sure, when I find an anime series I think my mom might enjoy (She's really not into anime, but she does like Miyazaki films and Deathnote) I'll show it to her. But if she says she's not at all interested, I just drop it. xp  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:36 am
Kyla_Ewens
Lobo-chan

It seems like so many people I know, with 0 interest in Twilight have friends that are obsessed with forcing them to read/watch it. gonk That sort of thing I can't stand. I don't hate people who like Twilight. I hate people who think that everybody should like Twilight, and just won't shut up and accept that people are entitled to their opinions. sweatdrop

Sure, when I find an anime series I think my mom might enjoy (She's really not into anime, but she does like Miyazaki films and Deathnote) I'll show it to her. But if she says she's not at all interested, I just drop it. xp
Some of my friends at college tried to force me to watch Naruto. I told them where to shove it.

@Topic: Never read Twilight, probably not going to. But I highly doubt it'll be anywhere near as well written as the Nights Dawn books. Every object in the room is described in extreme amounts of detail, and I can clearly picture people from the Nights Dawn books, where I struggle with most other books.  

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:15 am
I have to admit I was intrigued by the series. I read the first 2.5 books. Throughout the first book, I was satisfied. It seemed like a nice passionate love story, though it did take a really long time to get going. I got bored really easily after Twilight, though. The content seemed redundant, and the fact that Bella complained and moped throughout the entire second book provided ample reasons for me to stop reading. I'll probably wind up going to see the movie, but that will most likely be my last dive into the redundant world of Twilight.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:44 pm
i watched the movie... I loved it!! even my fiance loved it!! It wasn't as bad as i thought it would be... there were some added scenes and dialouge... Not too bad though... still love the series... heart  

Pnytenshi

Blackie the Cow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:37 pm
Twilight makes me want to die. Somebody destroy it or something while the rabid fanbase isn't paying attention!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:45 pm
okay Cow aren't you going a little far? It makes you want to die? Really?

I know a lot of people in this thread don't like it but geez, its gotten into a major bash fest in here at certain points. Look the books aren't that great, I'll admit it but you know what? They're a good fun/lame read. I prefer better more sophisticated books but every now and then even I need something completely pointless to read. Especially after being forced to read five chapters of my history text book and other things for school. Ok so you guys don't like the book, isn't it kind of a waste of energy to hate it that much? Yes fine hate the annoying fangirls that won't leave you the hell alone but the book itself isn't doing anything to you. Hell even find the popularity of the book annoying. I just find all this animosity towards it a waste of energy.  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:50 pm
...Sanzo, don't mind Mr. Cow there, he uh...tends to spout things that probably shouldn't be spouted sweatdrop

Minor contribution to teh topic: Twilight's fanbase scares me, just because of how obsessed they are >.< No I have not read the books, nor do I really want to (which is why I'm refraining from calling them a huge pile of crap like some of the others kinda did). And yes, I dislike Twilight as well, but that's mostly stemming from a general dislike for vampires as a whole (or at least, how they're being portrayed as the same emo idiots over and over stressed )

[/babbleakauselesstext]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:53 pm
I read the books, all of them they're... not well written. Really its a bunch of fluff and yeah an easy read. Like I said though, even the most advanced readers need that every now and then. I am getting annoyed at some of the fanbase myself though. I mean geez... its just a bunch of books... hell the Potter books were better and its slightly annoying that Stephenie Meyer seems to have this "my books rock so hard" attitude when really... they don't.  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:12 am
Sanzoskitsune
I read the books, all of them they're... not well written. Really its a bunch of fluff and yeah an easy read. Like I said though, even the most advanced readers need that every now and then. I am getting annoyed at some of the fanbase myself though. I mean geez... its just a bunch of books... hell the Potter books were better and its slightly annoying that Stephenie Meyer seems to have this "my books rock so hard" attitude when really... they don't.

That makes sense to me though. Isn't the target audience girls around the age of 14-years-old?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:21 am
yep, teenage girls basically which gets kind of obvious if you pay attention to who is part of the annoying fangirl base.  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Red Glacier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:04 am
Sanzoskitsune
okay Cow aren't you going a little far? It makes you want to die? Really?

I know a lot of people in this thread don't like it but geez, its gotten into a major bash fest in here at certain points. Look the books aren't that great, I'll admit it but you know what? They're a good fun/lame read. I prefer better more sophisticated books but every now and then even I need something completely pointless to read. Especially after being forced to read five chapters of my history text book and other things for school. Ok so you guys don't like the book, isn't it kind of a waste of energy to hate it that much? Yes fine hate the annoying fangirls that won't leave you the hell alone but the book itself isn't doing anything to you. Hell even find the popularity of the book annoying. I just find all this animosity towards it a waste of energy.

Well, the thread is asking for our opinion. It just seems the popular opinion is that Twilight is a bad series. If all the opinions given were switched around it would look like a pure fangirl/fanboy thread. Plus I don'tt think its gotten *that* bad on either side.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff