Submit

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:43 am
I think so...but now Firefox isn't opening. Netscape is working like normal. What's wrong with my Firefox browser? Sigh.

At least my Norton is finally registered and both scans are finding no more viruses.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:37 am
I once had a Virus that hijacked all the virus scanners on my computer. It was HELL. It would open an IE browser pop-up page immediately on start-up, then re-rout the page twice through unknown pages, until it reached the site saying "You have Spyware" crap. *Sigh* And whenever you would close it it would bring back another one. It was hell to deal with, close the window and get another one, leave it open and whatever you touch becomes infected, and it ATE memory.

The hardest part was whenever you would open a scanner it would close it before it had the chance to finish a scan.

Thankfully my dad knew of a program that can access the start-up programs and stop them from initializing, it was called Hijack This. (Go figure xd ) The only thing you have to worry about is you can also mess your computer up pretty bad with that program, it lets you see and prevent the start-up programs from running, so if you stop a system file, things go awry. It takes time to identify where the problem is sometimes but if you can isolate what file is the spyware and prevent the script it becomes easier to remove from the system.

Let's try to raise another one ^_^
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Phaeton

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:32 pm
Thaliat Everwood
I think so...but now Firefox isn't opening. Netscape is working like normal. What's wrong with my Firefox browser? Sigh.

At least my Norton is finally registered and both scans are finding no more viruses.

Is it crashing as soon as you try to open it? That happened to me, remember?  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff