Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:26 pm
That looks really good. You clearly express yourself while remaining polite. If anyone took that the wrong way, it would be because they wanted to. Good luck, I hope things get better for you and that you can find support.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:31 pm
As Kyla say's, you have expressed yourself really well.
And I think that she has made a good point about people taking it the wrong way.
And as Kalstrolyn said it's certainly not harsh at all and it's all you can do right now.
They have both made excellent point's and I hope you get it all sorted out really soon.

Good luck.

x

TieselGirl09

Paul Kattner

5,200 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:25 pm
I think it sounds good, Lin, and it doesn't come off as too strong. If anything, it feels like you're biting back a significantly larger angry torrent in that letter. I wish you the best of luck, and I will pray for your case; regardless if it has to go to court or not.

I really pray it doesn't have to go to court, because having lived with my mother while she has gone through several times in court (over my custody, etc.) it is really a rather horrible experience and not one I'd wish on you. (Or anyone I like, for that matter!)

Again, good luck, and God be with you. I will pray for your success.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:29 pm
I have to agree with the majority here, Linny; you've written a nice, strong letter -- Straightforward without being blunt, and it doesn't seem angry (or at the very least not unreasonably so), but rather strong. smile

Good luck, Don... you have the truth on your side, and may your family join you in it.  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

Trish the Stalker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:15 pm
Um, I don't know if anyone has pointed this out yet, but you have a typo here "My mom won't realised what she has done to everyone"

As for whether it's too strong or not, I don't believe it is. In fact I believe it is very courageous and empowering of you to do this.

Though I think, from my outsider understanding you could consider putting in somewhere around this part "I am tired of being told I am selfish and don't care about anybody but myself" something about what you are doing is looking out for everyone that your mom has been hurting.

I wish you much luck and may fortune smile upon you.

-Formerly La Belle Isolde-

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:32 am
I just don't know about that last line.

It reminds me of H&R Block slightly or a mafia leader reassuring his friend whose daughter was hit by a car that everything will be all right.

biggrin

And by wrote, did you mean you hand wrote it or did you type it up and send it. I question the use of all caps.

Your tone doesn't come off as too anger, but it's stern and serious. Which could be what you want. XD

I agree with most of the other comments here, in general.

Don't turn back and godspeed. Did I use that right? :3  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:32 am
I typed it up and sent it, Jaft, to all family involved. As for the errors, there's really nothing I can do about it now. All I can do is wait and see what happens.

Though, I do have a thought (but I don't expect an answer). Because her actions would count as fraud, and fraud is a crime, wouldn't I have to report to the police first before a lawyer about this, since... well... crime... and police deal with crimes... and... yeah.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff