Reply Community Lounge
Worst Movies Ever Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:30 pm
Well...some teachers don't really care either way. I remember in like 6th or 7th grade my English teacher let us watch Hardball and other stuff like that cuz it's not like we did anything in that class anyway. The movie was only rated PG-13 yeah, but I remember one of the girls went home and offhandedly mentioned to her mom something about the movie and the adult-ish themes and cursing and stuff and her mom threw a hissy fit.

It goes without saying that we weren't allowed to watch anything other than like G-rated crap in that class anymore >.>

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:32 pm
I can't stand movies like American Pie and The Fast and the Furious.
However, I don't think someone should not see something just because someone they know doesn't like it. Opinions are subjective.
Not that anyone needed me to point that out but, whatever. xp  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:41 pm
@Ala: I do agree, but I would also point out that there is a decided difference between a movie not being to someone's taste, and an out-and-out badly done movie. smile

As far as movie ratings, my English teacher showed us Excalibur in class, with kind of a "wink-wink, nudge-nudge, don't tell anyone about this". Of course, we were the advanced class, so none of us were dumb enough to say anything about it... smile (This is the same class that used college English textbooks, containing a rather, ah, *interesting* translation of Lyssistrada , translated by Donald Sutherland...) ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:44 pm
So I thought of another, and I know lots of people love it and it's supposed to be some great movie, and honestly I am squemish and I never finished it because it got to be too much but 300... yeah, not my thing.
(Funny story) When I was little my brothers loved Jumanji, but one day I watched it with them, and it scared me really bad, so my mom made them throw it away. They've never forgiven me, and I've never watched it again. Maybe someday I'll be brave enough.  

agust dreams

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:49 pm
Hmm it seems to me, yourathenagirl, that you just don't like violent movies. I mean for me 300 seemed liked such a great movie, really well done and just really impressive. But that doesn't mean I expect everyone to like it.

How old were you when you watched Jumanji by the way? Cause its really not a scary movie, unless you're really little and easily scared.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:51 pm
To Kill A MockingBird!!!

x

TieselGirl09

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:55 pm
@aretoo - That's true but, the line can be blurry...especially if you're throwing low budget films into the mix.

@Tiesel - ...really? I liked that movie. Then again, I have a thing for Gregory Peck >.>  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:58 pm
I liked To Kill A Mockingbird too... and I'm usually not a big fan of older movies.  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:59 pm
TieselGirl09
To Kill A MockingBird!!!

Really? Huh... that one's a classic... if it didn't actually *receive* an Academy Award nomination, I believe it was nominated for a few...

@Ala: I know, I know... there are people out there who think Steven Segal movies are the peak of cinematic brilliance... mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:04 pm
I think it's safe to say I don't go for the violent movies in general, but there are lots that I like. I think it has to do with how its portrayed or something like that. I dont' know if you've seen any viggo mortensen movies, but they're generally pretty violent and gory and those are good. Horror movies I definitly don't do. But I like Underworld and that kind. Lol, I'm just a mass of oxymorons. As far as Jumanji I think I was in second grade probably.
I have a thing for gregory peck too smile  

agust dreams

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:06 pm
I'm really starting to think this thread should be called "Movies you dislike" or something.

And yeah watching Jumanji when you're like... seven would scare you.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:06 pm
*shrug* Not that it means anything, *really* (after all, Marissa Tomei won for My Cousin Vinnie), but...

To Kill a Mockingbird:
Nominated for Best Suporting Actress, Cinematography, Directing, Music, and Best Picture
Won for Best Actor, Art Direction, and Writing. smile  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:12 pm
@aretoo - lol Well, he has inspired some pretty great Mad Tv sketches xp and hey...leave Marissa alone! She did a great job emo  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:13 pm
I fricking hated To Kill A Mockingbird!!
It has Racist part's in it and It's just... Annoying!
Especially when your Teacher made you watch it like 8 time's in English and then your Mum buy's you one and make's you study it every night at home too.
I HATE it!

x

TieselGirl09

Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out