Reply Community Lounge
What do you guys think about emos? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:14 am
Emo is still what it once was, but teenyboppers use it to describe scene kids like the ones you posted, Tae. As far as I know, people who are actually serious with their fashion choices don't refer to scene kids as emo kids. I'm not scene in any way, but I've been called emo and I don't think it's a bad thing. "Emo" is, from my understanding, the sensitive artist kids who cried when Old Yeller died. "Scene" is more like kids who screamed when they talked to get people's attention.
And scene/emo =/= goth. I have goth friends who get pissed by delineations like that...  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:12 am
And another thing I don't know/ don't follow/ and don't care about fashion "labels" What is "scene"? And why is it called "goth"? Last I checked that was a architectural style of the middle ages. And they actually didn't wear many corsets in the middle ages, especially on the out side of clothes.

*edit hey Gaia ate some of my post!!!* eek
And I don't remember what I said!  

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:39 am
Elcia
And another thing I don't know/ don't follow/ and don't care about fashion "labels" What is "scene"? And why is it called "goth"? Last I checked that was a architectural style of the middle ages. And they actually didn't wear many corsets in the middle ages, especially on the out side of clothes.

I'm not really given the impression that scene and goth are that similar at all.... And the origin of the term goth can be found here.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:34 am
Esme Eames
I have nothing against them. I do get sick of people acting depressed and I get tired of being accused of being "emo" just because I say something.

Today, in my Intro to Horticulture (or Intro to Hort as my teacher calls it) we were asked to think of 10 types of trees, flowers, grains, and vegetables. I named Bleeding Heart as a flower and my friend accused me of being emo. That -ticked- me off!

This is a Bleeding Heart. Personally, I think it's a pretty flower.

User Image

Sorry, I liked them all. wink

I love those flowers they grow really well in front of my house.
Sorry didnt mean to be off topic....
emo people today bug me because they no not what the actual word means as some people have pointed out. these poor teens are going to turn 25 or older and they are going to look back and really be embarassed about themselves... so I say hey to each their own just dont get in my face  

TabbyMina

Lavish Leader

12,400 Points
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:39 am
I'm just really tired of the emo scene and all that crap. Like really I don't even see the attraction to it. So you want to act all depressed and like your life is s**t even when its not? For what? Just to get some attention? Yeah there are less annoying ways to do that.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:42 am
People associate trauma with depth. Rather than develop themselves emotionally, they align toward subcultures like that...  

The Dinosaur Next Door

lazycommie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:17 pm
They tend to be ignorant, self-centered and spoiled. People like that make me want to slap them upside the head with a trout and then make them do 50 pushups.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff