Will you participate?
  Yes
  No
  Pollwhore
View Results

Agent_of_Misfortune

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:49 am
WOOO!!! up to 2 days!!!....

with that said.... DEAR GOD I WANT TO SMOKE!!!!!!

(luckly im poor and have none wink )  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:08 am
Two days. There's still going to be quite a bit of withdrawal feeling. When you mentioned headache before do you mean that really annoying almost-numbing sensation that you feel at the back of your head? That's normal; it's what I felt when I smoke a little too much during my family-stress time (I went to a pack a week, on average, but I only bought if I got enough tips to buy) and then stopped. You'll probably feel like you have a cold too at some point. That's normal as well.

My suggestions now is whenever you get a craving (usually, when I get one but i don't want to smoke, I'm also really tired when a craving hits) take a nap if you can. I find the episodes to be kinda short, but then again I don't smoke much.  

Sentama Lin

Agent_of_Misfortune

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:21 am
hmmm....only worse you say gonk

oh well confused

i shall survive!!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:04 am
User Image

I used to smoke. I think I used to do about 1/2 a pack a day. I stopped when I found out I was pregnant with Lydia. The first 3 days were the hardest for me, then after the first week I didn't really care anymore. GTR was still smoking too and he always wanted me to go outside with him too, this was winter as well. I think knowing that if I kept smoking it would be harmful to my kid helped me a lot. It always grossed, and still does, me out when I saw/see pregnant women smoking. I never wanted to be one of those moms, so it was quit or be a nasty mom hurting my kid before she was even born.

Being allergic helps too. I had to smoke extra light cigarettes because anything stronger would make me dizzy and nauseous.

I have to say though I still get cravings every now and then. Shortly after Guin was born I was going through some hard times and I tried smoking then too but I couldn't. I tried twice and almost vomited both times.

I hope I helped you feel better, just as long as you remember that if you get through the first week or so of cravings it gets much much easier!
User Image

God-Raped-Me

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:23 pm
Don't flush cigs in the toilet, it'll cause sewage backup.

=D  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:38 pm
Bonne chance, Agent. After you quit, it will take about 20 years for the crap left in your system to work its way out. Hurrah for the reduction of cancer risks!  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:16 pm
When I get the money and finally get around to quitting, I'll be getting this. It's a smokeless electronic cigarette. Basically, it just releases Nicotine into your body without the harmful chemicals. Plus, it's almost non addictive, and it gets you your fix, so you can start cutting back without worrying about feeding the habit. The last selling point in the fact that there's no second hand smoke, and you don't reek of cigarettes after wards.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:19 pm
Agent_of_Misfortune
lol well i was up to a pack or more a day (depending on my stress level)

Wait -- a pack of smokes is $5? HOLY CRAP that's CHEAP! We pay almost double that here. 25 in a pack, yes?

@GRM: Good for you for quitting during pregnancy! My mom quit smoking the day I was born. As far as I know, I didn't incur any harm from her smoking except possibly a couple of birth marks. I do have ADHD but my little brother has it worse than I do and my mom hadn't touched a smoke in just under 3 years by the time he was born. And my heart defect is genetic, my mom smoking had nothing to do with it. I was a lot healthier as a baby than my little brother was. Go figure.  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:07 pm
User Image

Even so Kal, if the cigarette companies say it's bad for babies I'll take their word for it. I'm sure I'll say or do things later on in life that will screw her up, I didn't want to start by smoking while being pregnant. Then again, maybe I should have. She might not have weighed 9lbs. whee
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:56 pm
Kalstolyn
Agent_of_Misfortune
lol well i was up to a pack or more a day (depending on my stress level)

Wait -- a pack of smokes is $5? HOLY CRAP that's CHEAP! We pay almost double that here. 25 in a pack, yes?

@GRM: Good for you for quitting during pregnancy! My mom quit smoking the day I was born. As far as I know, I didn't incur any harm from her smoking except possibly a couple of birth marks. I do have ADHD but my little brother has it worse than I do and my mom hadn't touched a smoke in just under 3 years by the time he was born. And my heart defect is genetic, my mom smoking had nothing to do with it. I was a lot healthier as a baby than my little brother was. Go figure.

20 in pack >_> and it costs anywhere from 4 dollars a pack for a cheap brand, and up to 7 - 8 dollars for a more expensive brand ( at least it can here in Michigan )  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Agent_of_Misfortune

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:06 pm
its 4 60 something for a pack of Marlboro reds in Illinois...

but i always let em keep the change wink

its also nice to be abloe to drive about 15 min and get em for 3 something

and im to poor to afford anything special...

so its just cold poultry in my case...

and the flushing thing was a Simpsons reference..  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:02 pm
And my advice was a joke, sort of.

Don't do it. O_O  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:17 pm
$6-8 for a pack of 20s in a cheap crappy brand like Number 7 or something. $10-11 for a regular 25 pack of duMaurier or Players.

@GRM; I'm not saying smoking during pregnancy is a good idea, I'm just saying it didn't seem to harm me when my mom was pregnant and smoking. They're starting to say that if the dad smokes prior to conception that he can harm the baby too.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:11 am
User Image

Really kal? Man the things they're coming up with/discovering these days!

Next they'll say that there really are little faces on every sperm! rofl
User Image

God-Raped-Me

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:08 pm
lol no they're doing scientific research, and discovering that things like smoking and heavy drinking affect sperm enough to harm any child conceived by them.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff