Valentine's Day Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Omnileech

Omnipresent Warlord

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:59 pm
I've noticed that hating valentine's is getting to be as cliché as liking it. That leaves apathy!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:03 pm
Omnileech
I've noticed that hating valentine's is getting to be as cliché as liking it. That leaves apathy!
Not to make assumptions about anyone here, but most of the people that I've met that hate Valentine's are either cheap, or always single on Valentine's. Usually its the single thing and they're just bitter. Not always the case but seems to be a high percentage of the people who do hate the holiday. I find it to be a waste of time, why hate a holiday about love when you can just turn it into love for all those you care about.  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:05 pm
Omnileech

Hooray for apathy!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:07 pm
Hehe, well, I'm not really doing anything except watching after my ex. I kill someone if her boyfriend messes with her. Very perverted 4-years-older SOB... [Yush, I'm jealous xD]

But, truthfully, I HATE Valentine's Day with or without anyone. Probably makes me unlikable in the first place... but I don't like it's concept. Some old martyr was taken from family, starved, etc. and then does one sweet lovey-dovey thing and everyone goes crazy...

When it comes between cards, roses, and all that crap we spend billions of dollars on STUPID things. In my cynical mindset, a relationship ain't forever, buddy. Those heartfelt actions we show to one another will run out and we will be left with nothing- but, WE [myself included] just don't care. We want to love. It's fun! biggrin

Think about it though, friends. LOVE. Affection for something near and dear. Human lives? Those billions of dollars we spend in reassurance that, maybe, we really do love them. Billions of dollars in the "maybe this isn't pointless and we will always be together! C'mon let's love, baby!" feelings. Instead, we take that money spent so senselessly and provide it to the starving, unfortunate men, women, and children in the world. We provide education, nutrition, and shelter ten times over! THAT is love.

Screw that nice, suave gentlemen crap. I like the extroverted "C'mon let's party! You want roses? Let's go out and steal them then!"! I LIKE out and about-ness. The ability to feel like you can do anything with your partner and not care what happens... Maybe that we don't need some little gifts to make us feel that we love each other. I like believing that I can love someone without having to say it a lot or reassure myself. That's my perfect world, whaddabout you? xp

Or, I'm just bitter. Probably the latter. 3nodding  

RoseneathScythe

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:10 pm
*applauds for Hermie*

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:12 pm
wakusei
Omnileech

Hooray for apathy!

User Image  

Omnileech

Omnipresent Warlord

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:14 pm
    Sorry.

Ehhh. Apathy.... Whatever....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:06 am
Ah, ennui. It gets this way every year...  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:55 am
I generally like any kind of day that encourages someone to give me free stuff.
However, I've had some crappy valentine's days in the past. So, I'm glad I'm single now and wont have to act like I'm happy about getting another stuffed animal I didn't want instead of some chocolate. xp
Also, just because something's cliche doesn't mean it's bad. I think the important thing for couples on Valentine's day is ...to just listen to each other. Different things make different people happy. Don't do what you think they should like, do what you think they would like.
After all, it really is the thought that counts.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:22 am
I can't do much for my guy. I'll make sure to get him a card, with a note at least. :3  

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Leader of the Penguins

Beloved Elder

7,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:48 am
Omnileech

yeah i know... valentine's day is my least favorite holiday but i always wish to get something even though i know i won't get something im single. i always have. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:59 am
My boyfriend believes that you should express your love for people everyday. The same goes for things like Christmas...he hates that he feels forced to show his appreciation to people on a certain day. I agree with him, but I still wouldn't mind a cliche valentine's day here or there.

It would be nice to be surprised with a day out...have him tell me we are going to visit someone, drop my daughter off with his parents and be whisked away to a romantic dinner/movie date. It would be nice, but on well.

Ladi Quiz - heart - Ladi Johari - heart - Ladi Nohari

LadiSilverfox

Agent_of_Misfortune

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:28 am
meh... single here....  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:03 pm
Taeryyn
Ugh. Valentine's Day. Hatehatehate.

My friends and I used to exchange anti-Valentine's day cards.

Lovely cards, with greetings like:
-Happy Tuesday.
-I love you, blah blah blah, hearts and flowers, yadda yadda, cupid, etc.
-Happy VD. ...by that, I mean your herpes. But happy Valentine's Day, too, I guess. Just don't touch me.
-Please Don't Reproduce <3
-Cupid can go ******** himself

Heart-warming, really. Much more fun than the usual cliché bullshit.

But this year I have a boyfriend. And he's already excited.
xp

So for you it was more like a Ystävänpäivä or Sõbrapäev ?
Ahaha, well I doubt my friends will want to celebrate those. It would take time and or money and they would so not want to waste either x'D.

Also, I love Happy Tuesdays! =D  

Iecur

Space Sleuth

6,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Lapin Patrol Kastra: Victory! 250
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

TeDdY_bEcHiA16

8,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • First step to fame 200