Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
ITT: Food That Sounds Disgusting But Might Actually Be Good Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:51 pm
well how else are you supposed to eat the tongue Invis? I figure this is the best way to eat it 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:57 pm
Sanzoskitsune
xd I love how I am the measurement on whether stuff you eat is weird or not Invis.

There are very few things I would not eat because of gross out factor, Balut and bugs being the exceptions. I actually thought I might eat Balut, until I saw a picture... yeah can't eat that. As I've stated before, I've eaten almost every single part of a cow. And I have tried rabbit and lamb before, loved both of them. Ooh I've also tried goat, O...M...G so freakin tender and nummy.

Most bugs actually aren't bad.  

lazycommie

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:58 pm
I think the one I had was more along the lines of this. But it was in a styrofoam cup so I couldn't quite see it (my grandma had bought some to-go from the market so yeah >.>)  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:01 pm
@lazycommie, I'm sure they aren't but like I said for me there's too high of a gross out factor. The idea of eating a bug grosses me the hell out. They could taste like the most divine thing ever and I still wouldn't be able to eat it because my first reaction would be to puke.

@Invis crying I can't see the link  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

lazycommie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:02 pm
Sanzoskitsune
@lazycommie, I'm sure they aren't but like I said for me there's too high of a gross out factor. The idea of eating a bug grosses me the hell out. They could taste like the most divine thing ever and I still wouldn't be able to eat it because my first reaction would be to puke.

Start with ants. They're pretty nuetral tasting, but the least gross.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:03 pm
lazycommie
Sanzoskitsune

Start with ants. They're pretty nuetral tasting, but the least gross.
yeah no I'm not gonna eat ants, may be the least gross but it still grosses me out because I'd be eating a bug. Really its a mental factor, its not even a texture thing its purely me going mentally "I'm about to eat a bug... eww eww eww eww NO!"  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

lazycommie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:05 pm
haha.

I first ate them because I figured I might as well know what they're like now, then having to try bugs in a survival situation.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:07 pm
....I'll just kill the first animal I see and roast it over a fire, I'll figure it out, even if its out of desperation. I just don't see myself ever getting desperate enough to eat bugs.  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

lazycommie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:08 pm
Heh, I've done that too.

Squirrel is pretty good.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:10 pm
haven't tried it... not a lot of meat on it though  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:12 pm
..Huh. Wonder why the link didn't work =/

Oh well. Here's a better one Sanzo: http://gourmeted.com/2008/03/04/lengua-estofada-braised-beef-tongue/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:14 pm
ooh that looks away yummy Invis, may have to try it sometime  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

lazycommie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:16 pm
Sanzoskitsune
haven't tried it... not a lot of meat on it though

Nope, not a lot of meat on one at all. About enough for one sandwich. I just eat the meat as an aside to shooting them for their skins.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:18 pm
User Image
Taeryyn

I'm curious; what do mealworms taste like, and were they alive when you ate them? And bear testicles, how do you cook those, exactly? You're right in assuming I wouldn't try them.

Well they don't taste much like anything. I only had a couple so I don't think I got the entire flavour experience. They have a very unique texture though. I expected them to be the same as a grosshopper and they weren't at all.

I has Bear testicles in a broth soup. You can fry them or boil them if you like but they way I had it was they were dried and used as a seasoning in a broth soup made from the bones of the bear. I've also had Bear Jerky and it is really good. It was hickory smoked.

Erverain
I've eaten octopus! If it's fried right, it's delicious.
On a side note, Squirrel is surprisingly tasty. Very similar to chicken.

My father has had squirrel and he said the same thing "Just like chicken". I'm really wanting to try some now. I might just have to "accidentally" kill one and "accidentally" properly skin, season and roast it then "accidentally" have it fall into my mouth.

Sanzoskitsune
well how else are you supposed to eat the tongue Invis? I figure this is the best way to eat it 3nodding

I totally never even though about Tongue for my list. And Pork Hawks and Fish eyes. Head cheese. I' much too tired to make lists. I forget so many things.

--------------------------------------------
I`M SELLING MY INVENTORY! WIN 150,000 GOLD CLICK HERE!
Art By: La Belle Isolde

God-The-RapistV1

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:21 pm
@Lazycommie, as long as you don't waste the meat when you get the skin I gots no issue

@GTR oh yeah I've had Head Cheese too... I dun like it that much myself, like its okay and I'll eat it but its not a "zomg I have to have some" type of thing... my mom loves it. But then she pops chicken hearts into her mouth as if they were candy...  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff