Reply Community Lounge
For What Reason? ~UPDATED FIRST POST~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:44 am
That's so crazy. But you know the thirty-something in Target buying Olay Regenerist and condoms while her forty kids are screaming at her for food (which she can't hear because she's talking on her cell phone about where she'll be clubbing tonight) is the kind of person who kickstarted that change.

I can never see people like that and not wish that I knew karate, just so that I could kick them in the face.

Also, as a childfree individual, I hate it when people use their kids as an excuse to be inconsiderate. Last night at work, I had to fish a shitty diaper out of the bottom of one of our carts. gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:12 am
Even though I do not have a kid yet (and probably not for a long time) but I have a friend that does have one, I can understand of your anger and irritance. Just buying or being able to have diapers and to just have the money to get what your kids need is a big problem nowadays as with the screwed up economy. Just trying to support yourself while working two jobs in an apartment is hard enough, as of example. People out there in the world nowadays are just so damn stupid, stuck-up, selfish, and oblivious to the other important crisis's in the world. Rather than worrying and caring about themselves (the selfish bastards that they are) they should get their head out of their own behinds and take a gander to those around them.

All people that care about anymore is money. Although, you do need it to strive and survive, and there are those who do give a damn to those that are unfortunate than others (for instant my boyfriend and I) and to those that have a kid or a couple of kids. But to those who don't care, they just don't care. And if it being in a program (am I right with that term?) for kids to help them and the parents in able to have the correct items for it to grow, and have them to not have the correct items that are needed, that is just ignorance and selfishness to the core.

There are parents out there who do love their children very much and want to see them to have a great future and they try their damn hardest to achieve that goal in any way imaginable, and then there are the parents who are not parents at all and don't give a damn about their children and what they do, and that's where the selfish,stuck-up brats without manners come from.

I feel like I'm just going on and on about this, but this is one of the things that just pushes my "Want To Be A b***h" button.

GRM, I really do feel your anger and irritance, like I've said already in the beginning of this reply, and I do hope you find a way to get what you need for your child.

XxDarkMalicexX

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:30 am
I think it has a lot to do with the fact that because everyone can have kids, it's taken for granted. No one thinks about the importance of raising children, in that it equates to building a person. I think of this all the time, so I hate it when you see people talking to their kids in baby talk. You just know those poor children will be as vapid and idiotic as their parents.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:26 am
So the Pampers people have managed to fail in what would have originally been a really great marketing ploy. Sorry, but the diaper buying set...well the ones that actually are worth being called parents, that is...aren't the ones that are interested in buying Starbucks coffee and such when their kids could use some books or toys and get way more mileage out of such things.

You know what happened? The Pampers people are getting kick backs from the Starbucks people and the other corporations their points program is supporting. They weren't getting the kick backs offering books and toys on the original points program.

The kiddies loose out, and in the end it is all because of money.  

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:47 pm
User Image

Steph, I have to say whenever I've changed my children's diapers I never did that. They would go in the trash, or if there wasn't one, they would come with me. Also, people don't care about raising their kids anymore. I mean actually RAISING them. They don't care how their kids turn out. ******** GTR's cousin can't even TEACH his children. His children are 3 and 2 and neither can talk yet. I think maybe the eldest can say mom and dad and maybe one or two others. The schools don't help either because they teach the kids that no matter what the teachers are right even when they're wrong. ******** this world is messed now!

dark, I know what you mean by this pushes your "b***h" button, same here. I could rant and rave about how corrupt people are these days and how they really don't give two shits about anything unless there is a price on it.

Thaliat, it was great! I wanted to get all these toys and stuff for the kids and I thought "great I'm getting points for stuff the kids need anyways, so they're always getting stuff". There used to be giant legos, tricycles, and other great learning toys like the shape ball.
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:48 pm
i guess you could use the points from the products to get whatever they have on there and then sell those items for spare cash :/

you could probably sell the gift cards to people for whatever the card is worth :3 people do that here when they get gift cards from places for free. razz  

Red Glacier

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:24 pm
User Image

I donno, there are other members of the family who would want me to just GIVE them the cards. I think I'll wait a bit longer, maybe they'll get a toys r us gift card. I would totally get one of those!
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:23 am
GRM, I didn't mean to suggest that ALL parents are like that. I'm pretty sure it was the same thirty-something I mentioned before that left that diaper there. I have to say, nowadays when I see actual parents taking care of their kids, it makes me want to cry from joy because it's so rare.
And I agree that no, teacher isn't always right, because teachers don't always look things up, especially if they're teaching really young kids. It's good to teach your kids, and when (if) I have mine, they will be GENIUS babies because their MOMMY knows more than their TEACHER does. Always.

Pampers has totally sold out. I was just thinking about this thread the other day at work when this lady came through saying that she'd finally got enough points for something she wanted off the site. So I told her about this thread and she was like, "Oh, well that's all I really get for myself - all my other stuff goes to my kids."
I don't know if it's true, but if it is, maybe she's an example of why Pampers thought it would be a good idea. =/  

The Dinosaur Next Door

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:44 am
User Image

READ MA UPDATE!

Please. 3nodding
User Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:25 am

I am an old ATG member =]

well they could seriously be considering what you said
or they could just be appeasing you

you'll find out soon enough

Click here to PM Me regarding ATG.
I am not a Mod but I am a regular and will always answer if you ask =]

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:30 am
I'm currently hosting a contest in the ATG clan...

THAT seems to me like something they are just saying to get you off their back.

...The prize is 5k. Why not swing by and check it out?

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:02 pm
User Image

I was going to write back to them but I thought "Why bother? My opinion isn't going to do anything, it'll just cause someone else to have a bad day at work."

But really, they have been talking to parents about this and this is what they want?! Greedy, self-centered, egotistical assholes!
User Image

God-Raped-Me

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:10 pm
Oh no people are being rewarded for buying a product and they are getting items for themselves! They must be horrible people with hearts of evil and blackness. They will burn in hell for their vein behavior! We should call Jesus and start the ******** rapture.

They are rewarding the buyer for buying their product. That is how marketing works, and god damn it stop being so stuck up and let them live their god damned lives.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:20 pm
User Image

I'll stop being so stuck up and let them live their lives when you stop being such an a** and getting kicks out of being a troll.
User Image

God-Raped-Me

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:22 pm
God-Raped-Me
User Image

I'll stop being so stuck up and let them live their lives when you stop being such an a** and getting kicks out of being a troll.
User Image

Then we are at a pretty ******** huge impasse as one begets the other  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas