Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:54 pm
Yay! Thank you, Kals. heart  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:14 pm
Steph! I have a dA account and my criticism is always constructive or helpful!

-Formerly La Belle Isolde-

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Trish the Stalker

-Kandy_Cube-

Magic Girl

19,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:17 pm
I have DA and I get so over people that just go on there to make fun of everyone's art

*Watches on there* :3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:18 pm
I just saw some of your work in the artwork thread. I'm on my way to bed, but I'll add you when next I get on (tomorrow morning.) biggrin  

The Dinosaur Next Door

GideonGidgidoni

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:33 pm
With out looking at your art (I'm lazy, so I haven't) the one about the shading on the arm COULD be constructive criticism. The rest no, they are just dumb, but that one, yes. Harsh, but still. Maybe that IS something you need to work on. After all, it's not called constructive complimenting.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:09 am
Yeah people are just turds like that. They only make those comments because they can. I remember in high school, I made a really dorky little web page and added a guestbook to it...mostly people told me that I was ugly and suggested that I did unspeakable things to farm animals.... sweatdrop I was 14 and had a Pokemon fansite...sheesh!  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:01 am
GideonGidgidoni
...the one about the shading on the arm COULD be constructive criticism... Harsh, but still. Maybe that IS something you need to work on. After all, it's not called constructive complimenting.
I thought the same thing, actually. I haven't had that much problem with deviantART, but I also don't get much traffic to begin with. However, I have posted my drawings on a message board that had a critic that completely despised my style of drawing that would point out why it looked completely off.

At first I took offense because no one had ever given me such harsh critique before... but when he completely tore apart a drawing I really wanted to look good, I put aside my feelings and took everything he said into consideration, making the drawing in the end look a lot better than if I had completely ignored him.... and even in the end he admit that he liked it even though he doesn't like my style.

Granted, some people will always just say things that are rude and not helpful at all, but that just comes with the territory. The more eyes that are on you, the more people that will put you down. That's just (unfortunately) the way it goes sometimes. You can either let it bring you down, or use it as incentive to better yourself.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:02 am
@ Miro and Gid: The first two are the same guy. I didn't mind his first comment until he started in with the second one. Now I'm thinking maybe he was just being cruel the whole time.
My sister used to have a MySpace page (and I don't know if she still does,) and when she uploaded a few pre-mom-approved pictures of herself, she found a TON of comments on her age about how stupid and ugly she was. sad My poor sissy.  

The Dinosaur Next Door

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:10 am
sad People are asses. Just brush them haters off.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:13 am
biggrin Thanks.  

The Dinosaur Next Door

Agent_of_Misfortune

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:13 am
GideonGidgidoni
With out looking at your art (I'm lazy, so I haven't) the one about the shading on the arm COULD be constructive criticism. The rest no, they are just dumb, but that one, yes. Harsh, but still. Maybe that IS something you need to work on. After all, it's not called constructive complimenting.

hmmm... i think the whole quarter-a** comment might have been a compliment xp

but anyway..

who needs those other silly sites? allz youz gotsta doz is bring your art to us xp

weel always play nicely xp (except for maybe GTR.... id keep my eye on him..) xp  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:27 pm
Well, I posted a few really pissy comments back and I haven't heard anything since... I guess that did the trick.  

The Dinosaur Next Door

Kipluck

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:18 pm
I have a DA page too. It CAN be harsh, but just ignore the lame comments and take the others as a way to learn. (sort of siding with Gid, but I don't know that I would have said it as mean as that person. sad )  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff