Your take on this.
  I agree with you
  I disagree with you
  OMGWTFURACIST
View Results

lazycommie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:27 am
Sentama Lin
To enforce martial law, we'd need to be attacked, be invaded, or a domestic nationwide devastating riot would need to happen. Enforcing state of emergency would require some form of (natural) disaster with huge national damages. As devastating as economical damage is, I severely doubt anyone can create a reason as to why enforcing either of these orders would better the economy.

You forget hat the guy has some ridiculous charisma. He managed to con people into electing him, after all. He also has huge media favor. I don't deny that it's a long shot, but it's still one of many possible ways he can screw us.

Sanzo:

Palin, if you actually pay attention to her platform and not the bullshit that the media continues to slander her with(they have literally gone to the point of spreading outright falsehoods about her), your opinion would likely change. Also, neither McCain nor Palin pushed for HUGE amounts of spending like Obama has.

Obama, in all cases he's shown, has made it his aim to gather as much power under himself as humanly possible. He's Chavez. He's also ridiculously inept, much like Chavez.

Voters were conned by the media, the people by and large turn to the major news outlets for news, and they are ridiculously liberal in nature.

Spending money is one thing. Creating debt is another altogether. Debt is why we're in this mess. Spending when you're in debt MAKES IT WORSE. Also, read the "stimulus" bill. It's nothing but pork spending. Stop spewing crap fed by media that has done nothing but lie and cover things up since well before the election, and actually READ what he's been pushing.

If you are in debt up to your ears, do you go and buy a house and get a loan on it? No. You STOP WASTING MONEY. Obama's plans are one thing, WASTED MONEY.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:29 am

I am an old ATG member =]

It seems to me that you figure the media is lying about every politician in every way possible over there?
should we be sitting here thinking that the news is actually opposite?
"Today 5 children were undrowned from a river, go world"?

Click here to PM Me regarding ATG.
I am not a Mod but I am a regular and will always answer if you ask =]

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

lazycommie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:32 am
Shram

I don't like your Complete US ideals...
yes the USA influences the economic market massively but its not the one responsible for causing or saving the economy.
China and Russia can take its place.
Scandinavia is capable of fending for itself alongside helping Iceland (Finland included in the Scandinavian Ideal in this case).

I figure the US is scrambling to gather itself so as to be the strongest again as the US in itself Hates being second place and that's been proven over the years.

as for Obama I figure he might be able to do the economic fixes needed but I am unsure on his Military ideals over in the middle east.
His choice of waiting till January to pull out the last of the troops as well as adding that if there is any kind of increase in violence down there he will not pull them out and will in fact increase the amount of defensive troops.

I could be wrong but that's what I've been gathering from the radio lately.

Edit: Martial Law requires as Don said,
Invasion of said country (US), Prison break on a large scale, Civilians going to war (Civil war status), and some other very hard to achieve situations.

China is a big producer, but not a big buyer. Russia is a shell of her former self, and isn't even close to a power anymore. They haven't been a power since Kruschev. China can't become a big buyer, their entire infrastructure isn't set up for it.

As for the US, we've been, both militarily and economically, in the lead for a very long time. Still, no other country can beat us even though we are foundering economically(and the rest of the world is following). The only nation that might even come close militarily is Russia, and then only because they have Mnogo Nukes(lots of nukes). China's military, while numerous, is virtually untrained and is armed with crap for weapons, same goes for Russia's actually(although unlike china they have enough nukes to make up for it).

Obama's policies are the OPPOSITE of what we need to do economically. We need to stop getting in more debt, stop wasting money with inane pork projects and strip government down.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:33 am
Shram

It seems to me that you figure the media is lying about every politician in every way possible over there?

Really, we shouldn't be counting on mainstream news sources anymore anyway. They are entertainment, not information, these days. Ever since the advent of the internet, one can get news from more accurate sources.  

lazycommie

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:36 am
As I've mentioned many times, I'm well aware of who Obama is. I know his plans, I know his charisma, I know, I know, I know. However, regardless of what things are looking up to now, he's the current executive leader of the United States and even if we don't like the policies, as citizens we should still trust that he will be doing what is right for our country. You may not trust him; I can see that. But to totally abominize him after only two months isn't really a question of his competency but your trust in government in general (which, I know, is not much at all).

I'm done arguing the topic because, in essence, we're arguing on opinion/subjective here and no discussion on the objective has been made.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:36 am

You highly underestimate China's Armed unit....
you highly underestimate China and Russia overall.
yes Russia is not as stand tall as it was when it was in peak of the 40's but they have grown over the last 10 years.
China has opened and been managing its marketing better then most countries. In terms of military Russia has a few outdated weapons while china does not, China has the latest in weapons technology (the standard equipment not "super weapons" and are to my knowledge well trained.

You need to open your mind to stop thinking US - World or US - Europe - Asia.
The worlds just not that small anymore.

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:37 am
lazycommie
Shram

Really, we shouldn't be counting on mainstream news sources anymore anyway. They are entertainment, not information, these days. Ever since the advent of the internet, one can get news from more accurate sources.

yeah because nobody lies on the internet right?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:37 am
It sounds to me like you're just angry that the person you wanted in office didn't get elected. Do you know why Palin scared the hell out of me? Because she sent women back about god knows how many years. I know so many feminists (besides myself) who literally cringed when seeing her on TV. I know if I would've been allowed to vote I would've voted for Obama. Because I agreed with all his plans. No I did not just watch the freakin media, I looked up his ideals and found that, while I didn't agree with all of them, agreed with more of them than McCain's. When the hell has Obama shown that all he's aimed to do is get power? By the way, depending on what news channel you look up some ARE liberal and some are extremely conservative so... no major news outlets aren't all ridiculously liberal in nature. What's so bad about being liberal anyway? I'm pretty damn liberal myself. And actually debt isn't entirely why we're in this mess. It's part of the reason but not the ONLY reason. I'm not spewing crap fed to me by the media, I'm spewing things I have seen and noted.

edit: I gotta go anyway, you're starting to piss me off.  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:41 am

I'd like to add that there are many news channels in many countries so you can essentially get the full jist of it by watching the "media" as you call it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:45 am
Shram

yes Russia is not as stand tall as it was when it was in peak of the 40's but they have grown over the last 10 years.
China has opened and been managing its marketing better then most countries. In terms of military Russia has a few outdated weapons while china does not, China has the latest in weapons technology (the standard equipment not "super weapons" and are to my knowledge well trained.

Militarily, China is numerous but poorly armed(their infantry weapons, tanks and aircraft are WELL behind the times) and trained. They also lack sufficient air power to hold their own. In a modern war, air power is key. Also, they're very short on the big weapons that really end up deciding the war. Russia has grown, but they're still nothing compared to the US or China, as far as economic power is concerned. Militarily, Russia has nukes and not much else worth a damn. They lack any suitable stealth aircraft, have outdated bombers and tanks which are not a match for the M1A1 on an open battlefield. Their military is also less numerous than the US or China.

Really, in the world, only US and Asia matter economically or militarily. Europe puts out little, buys little(compared to the US or Asia), and is militarily utterly useless(well, they do have a use, someone else for the Russkies to nuke so we get hit less).  

lazycommie

lazycommie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:46 am
Sentama Lin
As I've mentioned many times, I'm well aware of who Obama is. I know his plans, I know his charisma, I know, I know, I know. However, regardless of what things are looking up to now, he's the current executive leader of the United States and even if we don't like the policies, as citizens we should still trust that he will be doing what is right for our country. You may not trust him; I can see that. But to totally abominize him after only two months isn't really a question of his competency but your trust in government in general (which, I know, is not much at all).

I'm done arguing the topic because, in essence, we're arguing on opinion/subjective here and no discussion on the objective has been made.

The last thing we should do is trust him.

Also, why should anybody trust a group of people who are pretty much criminals with a big army?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:51 am
Sanzoskitsune
It sounds to me like you're just angry that the person you wanted in office didn't get elected. Do you know why Palin scared the hell out of me? Because she sent women back about god knows how many years. I know so many feminists (besides myself) who literally cringed when seeing her on TV. I know if I would've been allowed to vote I would've voted for Obama. Because I agreed with all his plans. No I did not just watch the freakin media, I looked up his ideals and found that, while I didn't agree with all of them, agreed with more of them than McCain's. When the hell has Obama shown that all he's aimed to do is get power? By the way, depending on what news channel you look up some ARE liberal and some are extremely conservative so... no major news outlets aren't all ridiculously liberal in nature. What's so bad about being liberal anyway? I'm pretty damn liberal myself. And actually debt isn't entirely why we're in this mess. It's part of the reason but not the ONLY reason. I'm not spewing crap fed to me by the media, I'm spewing things I have seen and noted.

edit: I gotta go anyway, you're starting to piss me off.

No, I'm not angry that my guy wasn't elected. My guy didn't even make he nomination(and it's not an issue I particularly feel much about anyway). I'm angry because I see my country heading for collapse due to an inept and power hungry moron at the helm.

Why should I give a damn about feminism? Aren't we supposed to be friggin equal?

Ideals. mean. Squat. Only actions matter.

As for what's wrong with liberalism, it's a** backwards and is based on concepts which are not only known to always fail, but to do so in a manner which gets way too many people killed in the process, due to any number of means(primarily starvation, disease and other poverty-related issues). Liberal policies are holdovers from when it was "cool" to support the Sovs, basically what happens when you get idiotic former-hippies into power.  

lazycommie

lazycommie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:53 am
Shram

I'd like to add that there are many news channels in many countries so you can essentially get the full jist of it by watching the "media" as you call it.

I'd like o disagree with you, given that what I've seen of other "news" channels in other countries tends to be just as bad as it is in the US.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:53 am
lazycommie
Shram

Militarily, China is numerous but poorly armed(their infantry weapons, tanks and aircraft are WELL behind the times) and trained. They also lack sufficient air power to hold their own. In a modern war, air power is key. Also, they're very short on the big weapons that really end up deciding the war. Russia has grown, but they're still nothing compared to the US or China, as far as economic power is concerned. Militarily, Russia has nukes and not much else worth a damn. They lack any suitable stealth aircraft, have outdated bombers and tanks which are not a match for the M1A1 on an open battlefield. Their military is also less numerous than the US or China.

Really, in the world, only US and Asia matter economically or militarily. Europe puts out little, buys little(compared to the US or Asia), and is militarily utterly useless(well, they do have a use, someone else for the Russkies to nuke so we get hit less).

England has the SAS which is ten times better then the USMC
Norway has Fallskjerm jegere and Marine Jegere which again beat the US forces (as well as the SAS).
You might not realize it but the US has strength in numbers, they do practically everything with a huge number of people.
Europe all in one has a lot of economic value saying otherwise is just being ignorant.
Norway is the "Richest" country in the world. Scandinavia has some of the best trained military that exists (and the money to support it without past loans).
France and the British are well prepared militarily but not to well economically, but they work well together (despite past disputes).
German has gotten their well trained Fallskjerm Jegere.

There is more but I don't know it all, I recommend you do more research before you spew out more "US is God" crap.

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

lazycommie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:05 am
Shram
lazycommie
Shram

England has the SAS which is ten times better then the USMC
Norway has Fallskjerm jegere and Marine Jegere which again beat the US forces (as well as the SAS).
You might not realize it but the US has strength in numbers, they do practically everything with a huge number of people.
Europe all in one has a lot of economic value saying otherwise is just being ignorant.
Norway is the "Richest" country in the world. Scandinavia has some of the best trained military that exists (and the money to support it without past loans).
France and the British are well prepared militarily but not to well economically, but they work well together (despite past disputes).
German has gotten their well trained Fallskjerm Jegere.

There is more but I don't know it all, I recommend you do more research before you spew out more "US is God" crap.

SAS are a specialty group, you could compare them more along the lines of the Rangers or any similar US special forces detachment. If you're comparing something tot he Marines, you would compare them to the Royal Marines, their British counterparts(who the US marines also originate from). However, between numbers and armament, USMC has the RM beat(the standard issue rifle for the UK is a hunk of junk, a very heavy hunk of junk that has a tendency to have the magazines fall out).

We've seen Europe's combat effectiveness in the modern era when they participate in UN actions. They're utterly useless and require us to bail them out. Hell, the French even commented on our troops willingness to do that. British intel is also utterly inaccurate(this is based on conversations with folks from various branches of various militaries, even the Brits admit their intel sucks).

The US has numbers and experience, as well as a history of being more than capable. Europe fails compared to it. Also, Europe always winds up calling for us to bail their asses out whenever something happens to them. For all their BS, we still have to save them just because we're the only ones with the military infrastructure to take on any capable military in the world.

Strength in numbers = strength.

When it comes to military capability, US > All else. Economically, everyone's falling and in a global economy like we have today, it's a huge s**t sandwhich and we're all gonna have to take a bite.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff