Reply Community Lounge
Gorram gypsies Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:35 pm
I think stereotyping and discrimination are uncalled for in almost every situation. So.
Gypsies - never seen any.
Thieving - probably to do with the current state of things.
You - not going going there. This is all in really poor taste.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:38 pm
Kalstolyn
Taeryyn
It's also not unheard of for Romany women to be sterilized against their will. And I'm not talking about 100 years ago, or even 50 years ago. I'm talking about within the last 5 years in Europe. gonk

The same thing happens to young Native girls in North America, too. It's not common, but it's not unheard of. Girl goes in for some kind of abdominal surgery and gets her tubes tied without her knowledge or consent, or (and this is the worst case I've heard of) a teenage girl goes in for a c-section, and gets a complete hysterectomy, because "she'll be better off" not pumping out the 30 indian babies that she's obviously going to have since she's a native who got pregnant at 14, and going through menopause as a teen would be so much better.

And people are so shocked that the suicide rate among Native youth (and adults, for that matter) is so ridiculously high. rolleyes

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

lazycommie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:39 pm
God-The-RapistV2.0
User Image
I'm so glad that we've decided that entire groups of people who have been forcefully placed in bad situations because of legislature cause by ignorant a*****e like you guys are people to be harped on "just because".

I hope you all die in a ******** hole.

EDIT:

You all should be ashamed of yourselves. Not all of you have jumped on the "******** the gypsies" bandwagon but seriously what have you said in their defense?

People are always going on about racial profiling and minority groups and how we need to be better to each other and all the equality s**t (just because I think protest "equality" is s**t doesn't mean I don't think all people are equal) and then when a group of people who have been out casted because of stereo types actually come along you feel to the need to either be neutral to the situation or accuse them of s**t.

I've seen people go on about how "Black" strife is not ancient history because it happened within the last 40 years. Well the exact same thing is STILL happening to Gypsies, (AND Native Americans).

--------------------------------------------

Art By: La Belle Isolde

Gypsies, not necessarily all romanys or all irish, but rather those of those groups who take up the gypsy lifestyle, one which IS, for all intents and purposes, a mildly less harmful gang society(in that they're less apt to kill you and just more apt to rob you blind if you're unlucky enough to have your house targeted, the Irish ones are also pretty big on fraud), are criminals. Nothing more. ******** the romantiscised bullshit.

NOBODY is "forced" into a criminal lifestyle, they choose it of their own free will. As such, they are responsible for their own actions. If those actions are criminal, then ******** THEM.

As for you people who b***h and moan about "stereotypes", GROW THE ******** UP AND LIVE IN THE REAL WORLD. It's not disney-fied, and there are bad people in the world. What yo9u people are saying is the same as saying "Considering people who belong to MS-13 criminals is wrong!".

This, according to other people who have lived here for much longer, is not the first time these people have come here, and when they do you see the amount of thefts shoot up considerably because of them. It's no coincidence, and such people are pretty well known around the country for doing this.

@GRM: You're also being rather intolerant, against someone who's point of view is difference. "intolerance should not be allowed"? Also, WTH is wrong with being intolerant of having my house broken into? Given that Gypsies(Irish and Romany) in the US ARE known for being criminals, mostly specializing in fraud and theft of various sorts. Before you go around pointing accusations, you should learn about how such groups operate

@ Tae:

I'm referring to the wandering "gypsy caravans", of Irish or Romany people, who are notorious for being thieves. They're mostly confined to the Eastern seaboard, and tend to travel between the New England states down to Florida, often staying in Florida during winter and spring, and following the carnies and their ilk up north during the summer, in order to make money up there. You can pretty easily spot them if you're somewhere they commonly hit up.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:39 pm
Bit of a jump to assume that they are at fault just because they are new in town. You have to have some other correlating piece of information. Other then race and timing.  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

lazycommie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:42 pm
XxStephasaurusxXxRexxX
I think stereotyping and discrimination are uncalled for in almost every situation. So.

Gypsies- not good people. Not the worst, that honor goes to guys who own boats under 30ft or sailboaters(those guys will scam you bad, as well as refuse to pay you for your work).

Thieving- this is something unconnected to the current state of things, because they have done it even during the boom times.

Me- go ahead and go there.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:45 pm
Saverio C.
Bit of a jump to assume that they are at fault just because they are new in town. You have to have some other correlating piece of information. Other then race and timing.

As I literally just said a couple minutes ago, yes I do. After speaking with folks who have lived in this town for a long time, it's not the first time these people have come here and done it. They come every few years, thefts skyrocket, then they leave and go hit up another town along the coast before they can be arrested for anything.  

lazycommie

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:46 pm
lazycommie
XxStephasaurusxXxRexxX

Gypsies- not good people. Not the worst, that honor goes to guys who own boats under 30ft or sailboaters(those guys will scam you bad, as well as refuse to pay you for your work).

Thieving- this is something unconnected to the current state of things, because they have done it even during the boom times.

Gypsies - I'll reserve my opinions until I actually meet one, but thanks for the heads-up... I think.
Thieving - My whole family does it, so I have no reason to believe that it's a racial situation.
You - Really offended me with this. I was hoping it was an off-color joke. I think that we have different views of the world, and clearly this is not limited to our politics.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:49 pm
lazycommie
Saverio C.

As I literally just said a couple minutes ago, yes I do. After speaking with folks who have lived in this town for a long time, it's not the first time these people have come here and done it. They come every few years, thefts skyrocket, then they leave and go hit up another town along the coast before they can be arrested for anything.
I'm currently hosting a contest in the ATG clan...

While this does sound possible, I honestly am more apt to lean towards Tsuji's point of view. When a scapegoat is available, people WILL take advantage of the opportunity.

...The prize is 5k. Why not swing by and check it out?

User Image

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

lazycommie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:50 pm
XxStephasaurusxXxRexxX
lazycommie
XxStephasaurusxXxRexxX

Gypsies - I'll reserve my opinions until I actually meet one, but thanks for the heads-up... I think.
Thieving - My whole family does it, so I have no reason to believe that it's a racial situation.
You - Really offended me with this. I was hoping it was an off-color joke. I think that we have different views of the world, and clearly this is not limited to our politics.

Gypsies- this is fine. Just giving you a heads up as well as voicing my frustration at being rather stuck here(as well as having to haul my valuables with me whenever I do leave the house, which is rare and limited to my responsibilities I must tend to)

Thieving- It's not so much racial(as I have mentioned before, this isn't just Romany Gypsies that do this, but also Irish Gypsies) as cultural. A group of such people forms, they travel a route and steal things, to pawn them the next town they stop in. They have kids, the kids take up the lifestyle of their parents, and another generation carries on.

Me- Also fine with this.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:53 pm
lazycommie
XxStephasaurusxXxRexxX
lazycommie
XxStephasaurusxXxRexxX

Gypsies- this is fine. Just giving you a heads up as well as voicing my frustration at being rather stuck here(as well as having to haul my valuables with me whenever I do leave the house, which is rare and limited to my responsibilities I must tend to)

Thieving- It's not so much racial(as I have mentioned before, this isn't just Romany Gypsies that do this, but also Irish Gypsies) as cultural. A group of such people forms, they travel a route and steal things, to pawn them the next town they stop in. They have kids, the kids take up the lifestyle of their parents, and another generation carries on.

Me- Also fine with this.

Thieving - I know that. In fact, I know it better than most. I just don't see why you had to bring the Romany/Irish gypsy portion of this up. It's really irrelevant - man will always do what he can to ******** his fellow man. Big deal. Race is something that you applied to the conversation, when you could have simply avoided it. Everyone here can understand the concept of travelling thieves without your use of potentially hurtful and technically inaccurate terminology.  

The Dinosaur Next Door

lazycommie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:54 pm
0-0Roland Deschain0-0
lazycommie
Saverio C.

While this does sound possible, I honestly am more apt to lean towards Tsuji's point of view. When a scapegoat is available, people WILL take advantage of the opportunity.

User Image

This town, at all other times, is nigh-crime free(it's pretty limited to just punkass kids keying cars and shoplifting and such, people who are too cowardly to actually do home invasions and nowhere near as skilled as these folks). Given that this is not the first time this has happened, it's something which can be pinned down rather well.

Such things are also definitely noticeable up in the New England states along the coast up there.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:58 pm
User Image
You're an idiot.

You think that legislature that literally limits the abilites of an entire group of people from creating Real jobs and owning a business does not push them to crime?

in 1996 there were still laws in New York State which disallowed Gypsies from even ENTERING. That means anyone with Romany blood was allowed to LIVE in New York State, and you don't think things like this effect people.

Come On. That's just ten types of stupid.

--------------------------------------------

Art By: La Belle Isolde

God-The-RapistV2.0

lazycommie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:58 pm
XxStephasaurusxXxRexxX
lazycommie
XxStephasaurusxXxRexxX
lazycommie
XxStephasaurusxXxRexxX

Me- Also fine with this.

Thieving - I know that. In fact, I know it better than most. I just don't see why you had to bring the Romany/Irish gypsy portion of this up. It's really irrelevant - man will always do what he can to ******** his fellow man. Big deal. Race is something that you applied to the conversation, when you could have simply avoided it. Everyone here can understand the concept of travelling thieves without your use of potentially hurtful and technically inaccurate terminology.

I applied culture, not race, to the discussion. In my OP, I SPECIFICALLY mentioned something which would make it non-racial, but rather culturally based. It wasn't until a bunch of self-righteous pricks who seem to believe that if someone is a minority they can do no wrong decided to drag race into it that race got involved.

I brought the irish/romany part up because it's those kind of people. Were it black thieves, I'd have brought it up with them. Same with white ones or latino ones(and I'm a mix of white and latino, thank you). Wait, since I'm technically a minority, that makes the people calling me racists racist, right? wink  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:59 pm
lazycommie
0-0Roland Deschain0-0
lazycommie
Saverio C.

User Image

This town, at all other times, is nigh-crime free(it's pretty limited to just punkass kids keying cars and shoplifting and such, people who are too cowardly to actually do home invasions and nowhere near as skilled as these folks). Given that this is not the first time this has happened, it's something which can be pinned down rather well.

Such things are also definitely noticeable up in the New England states along the coast up there.

Hrm. More often than not, the general public is unaware of what REALLY goes on locally. At least, that is what is thought about my town. Upon normal glance, it seems like a nice place where old folks retire and bring their ideal families. However, once you live there for a while and get a glance at what really goes on, you notice it everywhere. It's like the town itself wears a mask...

User Image

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

lazycommie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:01 pm
0-0Roland Deschain0-0
lazycommie
0-0Roland Deschain0-0
lazycommie
Saverio C.

User Image

Hrm. More often than not, the general public is unaware of what REALLY goes on locally. At least, that is what is thought about my town. Upon normal glance, it seems like a nice place where old folks retire and bring their ideal families. However, once you live there for a while and get a glance at what really goes on, you notice it everywhere. It's like the town itself wears a mask...

User Image

This tends to be less "general public" and more "local law enforcement officers and others connected with LEO's, as I mentioned in my OP" with some of the "general public" also being used as sources.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff