Submit

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:19 pm
That's so bizzarre. Never in my life have I seen Dr. Pepper sold along with Coke in a place that has an exclusive contract. GTR and I were just talking and reading labels on our Dr. Pepper bottles though, and mine says the license is used by Cadbury Beverages Canada Inc, while his says some s**t like "Canada Dry Mott's" and Canada Dry is clearly a Coke product out West here.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:28 pm
Here in Portland, Oregon the Pepsi restaurants (KFC, Taco Bell, etc.) have Dr. Pepper, as do the ones who stock Coke. Apparently we all really like our Dr. here. wink

But the reason I know a lot of this is that we actually HAD the west coast distribution for the affiliated independent brands right here in town (until they went belly-up and the contracts for distribution were picked up by Columbia Bottling)  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

124-C

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:06 pm
Kalstolyn
124-C
"What do you mean Dr. Pepper isn't a Coke/Pepsi product?" rolleyes

Dr. Pepper is a PEPSI product. When the gas station has PEPSI products on mix'n'match 2-for-1, Dr. Pepper is included, along with 7-up and a few other PEPSI flavours.
That is only true in Canada and Poland. In the US it is primarily distributed by Cadbury-Schweppes Bottling Group, who licenses out distribution rights in other parts of the world, most of the world gets Dr. Pepper through Coke, actually...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:25 am
I can see why the customer might be confused. You've already taken up nearly two pages trying to decide what company a soft drink is affliated with.

Most of the customers i've had in the past have been good as gold but I would never have ignored bad ones or cancelled their purchases, i've always thought pride has no place when i'm wearing a badge with my name on it and you get an easier life if you put up with your customers crap and wait for them to get lost.  

Zombie1429

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:27 pm
On the topic of the Pepper dispute, I want to point out one thing: You all keep adding the period when there isn't one. Mr. Pibb has that particular punctuation, whereas Dr Pepper doesn't. Weird, eh?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:01 am
I don't mind people who are inconsiderate as guests/customers, I mind people who are outright rude. I hate having to shout at someone to be heard over their iPod and I hate having to shoo kids out of the register because their parents are letting them run freerange through the store like heathen beasts. stare  

The Dinosaur Next Door

Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces