Derivative's Teepee Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

derivative

Anxious Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:25 pm
All your dreams are waking up. (Kureno & Celandine)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:29 pm
Stranger Danger (Stripe & Einarr)

derivative

Anxious Prophet

derivative

Anxious Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:28 am
In-thread RP between bella dea's Rayne and my Einarr:

Einarr: [trots away from me and then does a circle, a bit annoyed, but otherwise not caring much what I or anyone else does. >> Sees Rayne, indeed, but the likes of her aren't all that eager to associate with the likes of him, in his experience, so he crops at some grass and is generally unconcerned]

Ray- *looks around and spots the odd looking stallion and tilts her head* hmm.. *eyes his flowing hair mixed with the horns* Hmm.. *wanders over for a closer look*

Einarr: [ears perk toward her approach, even though he doesn't look at her, and lifts his head, eying the approaching mare coolly from beneath his mask. Another curious mare, like the pregnant one that had harassed him before...? Gruh.]

Ray- *Gives him another once over and smiles sweetly* You know, you have alot of potential here.. *she smiles again, her glaze still locked on his long onyx colored hair. Even while traveling with her parents, she had never seen such silky beauty* So how did you get such a.. covering? *curiously referring to mask*

Einarr: [narrows his eyes slightly and snorts, turning his head a bit to make certain there are no others about that the mare could be speaking to. No, once again, he finds himself the target for curious mares.] ... Is it the custom of mares in this land to be brash and intrusive?

Ray- *snickers to herself* I happen to be like this with everyone. I'm simply trying to lend someone a little advice. I mean, you have such lovely hair. Why would you want to cover it up with such a thing?

Einarr: [slightly flattered by the comment about his hair, if only because it's the feature that most defines him as his mother's son] You assume I wear these adornments by choice. [drags a hoof through the grass, parting it, and looking irritated again] And by your answer, I assume yes.

Ray- *steps closer, almost nose to nose and continues to inspect him further* Well I only just met you, so you can expect me to know just on a glance. *rolls her eyes enthusiastically* Are you always this rude to everyone you just meet or am I just special?

Einarr: [wants to back away when she approaches, and that just irritates him, so he sneers and holds his ground, though his legs are stiff and straight] Awfully pushy, aren't you? Not the most attractive feature on a mare. [eyes flick up and down her front, annoyance making them a bit brighter than even usual]

Ray- Eh, must be a sibling trait I guess. *steps back slightly and smiles* And not everyone has a problem with "pushy" females. *huffs and lifts her snout*

Einarr: And yet here you are, pushing at me. [lashes his tail behind him and doesn't bother to hide the huff in his own tone] What do you want, mare?

Ray- *scowls* I dont need a reason to try to being nice. Even if i don't do it often. Is there any other reason you think I'm here besides trying to speak with you?

Einarr: [steps forward, retaking the space she forfeited when she backed away from him] Your first comments were about the bones all over my body. [lifts his chin, looking down at her from underneath his mask] Curiosity, even if there's no malice behind it, could get you hurt. What if I was hungry, mare?

Ray- *glares up at him, irritation shinning clearly in her eyes* I'm not just the little 'mare' you keep calling me. I have strong females in my family, and you may be surprised by this 'mares' appearance. And I have a name.

Einarr: [irritated himself, moreso because he's impressed by the mare's pluck. How long had it been since a mare had stood up to him without flinching? He couldn't recall, if ever, it happening.] You haven't offered it, and there are worse things I could be calling you. [curls his lip at her, but doesn't make any other unfriendly advances]

Ray- I'm sure of that. But you would have already if you were going to. *looks him straight in the eyes, unflinching, unmoving, and unemotional* Why was he so damn stubborn. Almost as bad as my sister. Errr!

Einarr: [snaps at her, testy because she's right and he isn't used to being responded to in such a bald, matter-of-fact way] Are you going to give it to me then, mare, or continue to be offended that I call you by what you are and not who you are?

Ray-*blinks suddenly and tilts her head away from the stallion* Well that was uncalled for. And I don't put myself in useless situations unless the time calls for it. And you don't seem like the type either. Unless you care to show me otherwise. *lifts her brow in a slight challenge*

Einarr: [works his jaw, annoyance obvious in the set of his mouth and his eyes, but nevertheless he snorts and swings his head away] I have no desire to bully a mare. You'd think the fairer sex would take a care around a dangerous looking stranger, but you prove the rule, just as all the others I've encountered here have.

Ray- *continues to eye him curious, only this time watching his body language and facial expressions.* Did she hit some kind of nerve? you have no desire to bully one, and yet your rude to one even though she's 'trying' to be nice? And I don;t like you calling me mare because the way your using it sounds like an insult.

Einarr: [faces her again, voice coming out on a rumble as he attempts to restrain his temper] You have no idea what my rude is, mare. I'm simply reacting to you prancing over to inspect and criticize my appearance without a backward thought as to whether your intervention would be appreciated - which, where I come from, is rude. [rolls his eyes, seeming to calm a bit now that his little snit has been spoken] It's no concern of mine if you choose to be insulted by something you could easily change. [Lashes his tail behind him again, lip still curled slightly, but seeming overall in no worse a mood than he was initially]

Ray- *scowls at him again and stomps her hoof* Fine, see what I did as you'd like to. But shoving others away isn't going to help anything. *glances at her hooves for a moment, perhaps showing a bit of remorse for some of what she'd done/said before glaring back up at him*

Einarr: [blinks when she ducks her head, wondering if anything he'd said has gotten through, and remarkably, is a little disappointed by the fact that she might have been cowed. Is quickly relieved of that notion, however, when she glares at him again] So says the mare who won't even introduce herself. [despite his intentions, she's impressed him, so he bows his head a bit. Though he still looks fierce, there's something that might be interest in his eyes now] I am Einarr. Perhaps I push you, little mare, to see how hard you'll push back.

Ray-*eyes him suspiciously for a moment* Well it's nice to know you come with a name as well. *she teased* I'm Rayne.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:32 pm
PM RP between bella dea's Rayne and my Einarr:

Einarr: [standing at the edge of a pool, dipping his face into the water both to drink and wash away the blood around his mouth]

Rayne- She was parched. Her lips were sticking and her tongue was starting to feel like sand paper. Definitely NOT something Rayne liked experiencing, after all, she was suppose to uphold a perfect imagine. Not matter how much work it was to make sure every hair was in place. Sometimes she felt it wasn't worth the hassle and then she other that pasted her and she'd know she did all the work for something.

As she approached the small pool her mouth watered with anticipation. Until she smelled another in the area and she froze. How could she let another see her like this? She didn't even have her accessories straightened. Crap!

Peeking her head through the bushes that surrounded the area she spotted a similar face she had seen only days ago. An arrogant stallion that had the most beautiful hair she'd ever seen. And yet didn't have much in the line of manors, but had also managed to make her feel regret. She never allowed anyone to make her feel like that. And yet she couldn't help but feel slightest bit sorry for being rude to him herself.

Einarr: If it had been a little warmer, Einarr would have just gone for a swim. As it was, there was just enough bite in the air that he knew he'd regret it if he went into the water, and so he stood on the edge, front hooves barely in the water, and drank.

Drank, and did his best to rid the blood from his muzzle. Not that it made him exactly uncomfortable, it was just that he wasn't the type to go around flaunting his bloodlust. He wasn't a simple-minded feeding machine, and even if he didn't want to care what others thought, the truth of the matter was he did - even if he wouldn't admit it to himself.

The scent on the air changed and he frowned, lifting his head, water dripping pink from his chin. His ears flicked toward the source and he narrowed his eyes, tail flicking restlessly behind him.

"What do you want?" He demanded to the open air, wondering if whoever was in hiding would reveal themselves, or if he would have to chase them out.

Rayne- Her eyes narrowed at the tone he chose to use. Even if he didn't know it was her, he could have asked nicer. "I was just coming here to freshen up, you don't have to be so rude about it!" She found herself saying as she lifted her chin and exited the bushes she was hiding behind. She wouldn't let something like looks get in the way of being shown respect.

Her eyes slide down over his body and froze at small red drops on his chin. She might have naive but she knew what the droplets were but wasn't sure if they were from him, or from something else he might have encountered. The concern showed through her eyes as she glanced back into his. "Are you alright? Did something hurt you?"

Einarr: Ah, the mare. Muscles that had gone tense relaxed a fraction, though as always, he wasn't entirely at ease. It would be his ill luck that the smart-mouthed female would find her way to him once again. He didn't exactly mind her company, at least not as much as he tended to others, but that didn't mean he was about to seek it out.

It wouldn't do to chase her away, though, especially since she was no threat to him. Last time, she'd proved to be interesting for the duration of their conversation, so who knew?

Then again, last time he hadn't had blood all over his face.

Lips pulling back into a sneer, he stepped forward, shaking his mane out. The ends of it were wet, and clung to his chest as he approached her.

"Rayne." It wasn't difficult to remember her name, given he met so few who offered theirs - or whose he cared to take. At her question, he snorted, tail moving in a more agitated manner behind him.

"Hurt? Hardly." Dragging a hoof through the grass, he said bluntly, "I've just eaten."

The fact that he remembered her name brought the sides of her mouth up slightly. Besides her family she hadn't met anyone that remembered her name, or that she had seen more than once to repeat it. But non the less she liked that he had remembered it.

"But thats... " she didn't finish the sentence, just took a step closer to inspect him more closely. It was true, the blood wasn't from him, but then what was it from? She had never heard of anything eating blood before, though she also hadnt traveled far away from her birth place either. So it wasn't that shocking to her that she didn't know much about the habits of others. "You may want to wash that off before someone sees it, try rubbing it on smooth rock in the water."

Walking around him to the edge of the water she dipped her muzzle in the water to finally drench her parched tongue. It was so nice, chilled water hit her stomach hard, but she didn't care. It tasted to good.

Her words and her appearance contradicted one another. A unicorn, for all he could see a fully-blooded one, wasn't scolding him for feasting on the flesh of others, but was simply concerned about how it might look? His brows drew together and he watched her, gaze narrowed, as she drank the icy water.

Likely she was just worried about what others would think if they saw her with him. The thought annoyed him, because annoyance was easier than being hurt, even just a little bit. More, because he'd told himself a long time ago he wouldn't let the careless judgments of others hurt him, especially not outspoken mares he'd only just met.

"Worried, mare?" Stalking toward her, head lowering, his gaze roved along the line of her neck, to the delicate sweep of her jawline. "I wouldn't be. No one's going to consider the likes of you a friend of mine."

"Of course not! I simply would not want anyone getting the wrong idea with the mess you've made. And besides you wouldn't want it to stain and ruin your coat." The light color of his fur would easily stain and therefore would probably cause problems for him further down the road. She might have seemed one minded, but to her it meant more than that, she didn't want anyone thinking he was a selfish killer, even if she had just met him. After all, lots of animals fed on the flesh of others. For all she knew it could have been something as minor as a small rabbit. She kept telling herself.

"And no one would think to consider us friends because of that foul attitude you keep giving when I'm just trying to help you!" She fumed. This stallion was infuriating and yet she seemed to like the small bickering. It wasn't something she got very often unless it was her sister, but then Charlie would always play a trick on her to get her angry. This was just harmless fun.

"You're awfully worried about someone else's appearane." He didn't know if he actively disliked it or not, but given that she was looking at him as a whole - probably not. It was true that more often than not others would look at him and see Kalona, even without the wings, and blood all over his muzzle wouldn't help. He didn't need some self-important unicorn to tell him that he ought to clean himself up all pretty and look kind and harmless for all the innocent bystanders.

He wasn't kind, and he was by no means harmless. He wasn't the type that liked to toy with his prey and lure it in with false pretenses, so he didn't even have that as an excuse. Anyone who looked at him, and the bones adorning his body, and saw someone who was more curiosity than threat, had something wrong between their ears.

Stopping short of invading her space entirely, he watched her dubiously, running his tongue along his lips to clean some of the blood away. "Why does it matter to you?"

"I simply think that if someone cares about they're appearence then they're most likely more willing to care about more than that. And that fact that it helps make a good impression isn't bad either." Rayne had never really cared about races before, to her everyone was pretty much the same. In her family there wasn't much prejuiduce expect for her grandmother, but she was just terrified of Kalona and no one knew why.

Taking care of one self showed more than just someone that cared about external appearence, it was also that others out there judged on what one looked like and how well one carried oneself. It was just a simple lesson she learned from a wandering soquili from a different region. She was beautiful, elegant and refined. And though she traveled throughout the land she always kept up her appearence incase she met that perfect someone. Ever since Rayne had wanted to be just like her. Though she was definitely lacking on the refined bit.

She watched him closely as he licked his lips, even look a step closer. "I just think it's better to always look your best, no matter what your doing." she said softly, remembering that she had yet to clean and prep herself for the day. Oh well....

Tail lashing behind him in annoyance, Einarr laughed, though it was a derisive bark of a noise. "Do you think a little blood on my face or in my mane is going to change anyone's first opinion of me? As soon as they lay eyes on me they decide what kind of Soquili I am," he added, bitterness lacing his voice.

He'd seen it all before, hadn't he? Countless times growing up, countless more as a young adult, breaking away from a herd that had never really been his, traveling to new places. The faces changed, but the feeling behind them never seemed to.

Well, until here. He could admit, if only to himself, that he'd never met someone quite like Rayne. Whether or not that was a good thing, only time would tell.

derivative

Anxious Prophet

derivative

Anxious Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:59 pm
In reference to a plotted meeting between Sabin Duvert's Mixcatl and my Einarr.

She was like walking into the sun.

Einarr had experienced his fair share of vibrant personalities, made all the more colorful by the hate and prejudice warping their basic characteristics. He'd met many that he disliked, more that disgusted him, but strangely enough, he hadn't felt the slightest aversion to the mare he'd just left. Perhaps it was her odd appearance, a medley of bright and dark, traits that he had never previously beheld all on one creature. Whatever it was, he'd been drawn to her, and even though he couldn't explain it, there was a part of him that was still curious.

Mixcatl. Even remembering her, his eyes narrowed, but in thought rather than temper. His muscles burned, reminding him of their sparring match, and his temper stirred to think of how it ended. Rarely did he lose a fight, even one that was simply pitting his strength against another's for the simple sake of seeing who could best the other. In the end, they'd called it a draw, both chests heaving, a sheen of sweat over their bodies, but to Einarr, a draw and a loss may as well have been the same thing.

Curling a shoulder inward, he licked at a superficial wound, remembering the mare's powerful kick. There hadn't been anger behind it, but instead a wild sort of joy, unrestrained and nearly feral. She'd had no formal training as far as he could decipher, but though her methods bordered on crude, they were effective. He knew better than most that in real battle, there were no rules of conduct, no niceties. Her style had suited him, and more, it had challenged him.

Even if he snarled at her for it, he couldn't ignore the challenge.

Tail flicking behind him, the gesture equal parts anticipation and irritation, he stalked his way to the water's edge. His reflection frowned back at him, a severe and unsmiling face beneath a mask of bones bequeathed to him when he had become protector of a herd that did nothing but resent him. The irony that he still chose to adorn his body with the bones was not lost on him, but they had become as much a part of him as the trinkets on his legs. To separate from the accessories would make him feel... naked, and less of himself.

If he had anything, he had his identity as a fighter. No matter what the rest of the world chose to burden him with, they could not take away his sense of self. His mother had worked too hard to make certain that he always knew that, above all, he was her son - no matter the blood that ran through his veins.

Striking at the pool with a hoof, disenchanted with his reflection, he turned and headed for the cover of trees. Though his muscles were still stiff, he ignored the discomfort and kept his head low, senses alert for the sounds of anyone's approach. Mixcatl had left, he was sure of it, but there was nothing stopping her from returning if she so chose.

He had the feeling that she didn't let a great deal of anything get in her way. Damned if that didn't appeal to him, on more levels than he wanted to admit.

Catching the scent of wildflowers, he lifted his head, frowning in their direction. He hadn't noticed them before, which was odd, as their perfume lingered heavily on the air. Just one more side effect of meeting the odd mare, he realized, and scuffed his hoof against the grass in annoyance.

Rarely did he allow himself to become so distracted over anything. He couldn't deny Mixcatl's strange allure, however; she came to him in his thoughts long after she'd disappeared, and if he tried, he could remember the harmony of her voice as she spoke.

Confident. Proud. A little dangerous.

All of it stirred his blood, enough so that he would give himself a few days reprieve, if only to see if he could get her out of his mind. He doubted it, given that her colorful visage seemed to be a perfect window into her potent personality, but he would try.

If she wouldn't leave his mind, he would simply find her again.

Baring his teeth in a satisfied smile, he slipped between two trees, the bones over his shoulder scraping against the bark as he did. If he couldn't stop thinking about her after all, he'd make certain she was just as occupied with him.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:29 am
One Step at a Time (Jonquil & Maharet)

derivative

Anxious Prophet

derivative

Anxious Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:47 pm
Pocketful of Sunshine (Carlisle & Celandine)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:00 pm
Apple pie in the sky. (Celandine & Allan)

derivative

Anxious Prophet

derivative

Anxious Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:14 pm
I see no damsels here. (Celandine & Promethius)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:33 am
In reference to a plotted meeting between Kyaishi's Kureno and my Celandine.

It thrilled her to have a purpose. She'd always had one, really, but she'd never had the means to pursue it until she met Kureno. Oh, Celandine had been wandering the lands for a time, and she'd met a few stallions that seemed like they could use a friendly shoulder, it was true enough. She wanted to help them, loved the thought that she might be able to bring some sunshine and brightness to their lives, but it just wasn't quite what she'd been expecting.

Then she'd met Kureno. Dangerous and powerful, hurting more deeply than she'd imagined, but unwilling to admit it - perhaps not even to himself. She thought she could do real good for him, if he could open his heart even a little bit to let her in. Everyone could use a friend, right? And it was her duty, her responsibility, to try to soothe the wounds that he still nursed. Perhaps it was egotistical of her, but she thought she could. No, she believed she could.

It was why she kept going back. He didn't return at first, though she'd sort of expected that. He was proud, and he hadn't liked sharing even a little bit of his pain with her. She understood that too; it was of the most personal nature, and she was a stranger. Part of her thought that made it easier, though. He could confide in her without risk of judgment or preconceived notions of his situation clouding her vision, so to speak; she would only listen to him, and the aches of his heart, and try to help him. He didn't want it, or couldn't want it yet, but she knew he needed to be helped.

Plus, he smelled good. It seemed like a ridiculous notion, but given that she'd never had the benefit of sight to tell if a person looked kind, she had to take cues from their voice, scent, and feel. She liked the feeling she got from Kureno, and more, liked that he didn't seem to mind her all that much either. Celandine had no doubt that if he truly despised her or the thought of her aid that he would have been less than kind when they first parted, and they wouldn't have met again.

But they had.

She was growing to like him very much, and as the days passed, her desire to help him became less of a duty and more of a need. He was her friend, and she'd had precious few in her life, whether he wanted to be or not. She cared about him and his well being, and wanted to hear him smile in the sound of his voice. More than that, she wanted to hear him laugh.

Vrabel thought she was getting too close, but he was just overprotective. She couldn't blame him, really, but then again, he couldn't blame her either! This was her first chance to really make a difference in someone's life, to really mean something to them. If - no, when - when she helped Kureno, she would know she could do anything.

Heart swelling at the idea, she turned a familiar circle in a place that she'd come to recognize as easily as her own bonded, and waited for him.

He'd come that day, for sure.

She'd have a smile waiting for him when he did.

derivative

Anxious Prophet

derivative

Anxious Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:58 pm
Never say never. (Auguste & Meena)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:27 pm
I'm lucky just to linger in your light. (Celandine & Kureno)

derivative

Anxious Prophet

derivative

Anxious Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:52 pm
Luck and Intuition (Viraj & Einarr)

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:07 pm
Cressida and Arka lm agreement

holy crap one day I'll organize all this but that day is not today

(or tomorrow)  

derivative

Anxious Prophet