Reply Community Lounge
Well, I think I've been wrong. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Surazal Dloc

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:57 am
There was a case here in Australia where a man stood up on a crowded bus and offered a lady who was standing his seat. And she sued him for being sexist or a similar reason >_>  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:58 am
I try to hold the door for anyone I see approaching behind me, but I don't struggle with the door. Sometimes I have to have help with a door if it's heavy. I am a delicate person, on top of being female, so I don't find door-holding sexist... Bandit totally did it right, IMO.
Anyway, I think people are rude more because the technology of today is designed in such a way that it separates people from each other. I think we're just socially retarding ourselves, essentially unlearning the manners we were taught, if ever we were taught. biggrin  

The Dinosaur Next Door

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:06 am
User Image

Please tell me she didn't win Laz!

I just don't understand how people can't just be polite. I suppose it really IS something that people learn, but it's not hard to say please and thank you and see when people are being polite. I do have to say though when you're pregnant people seem to be much more polite.
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:08 am
I agree with you steph on the whole technology thing. Like if you walk down a some what busy town's main street how many people now do you see with iPods and MP3 players in their ears? I reckon abou 40-60% and its not even just teens anymore. Years ago people would probably wave and say good morning to randoms on the street. I find the odd person when I walk to work still does and its rather pleasent.

And while we all have computers nad myspaces and facebooks bringing us closer together we are also drifting apart. We never just pop over to a friends house to see how they are doing we just bust out the msn or whatever and that physical contact is starting to get phased out. Imean with digital media downloads and online groccery shopping we are already (and have been for a few years) at a point where someone could live and work quite comfortably and never have toleave their home.

EDIT: I'm not sure GRM. It was a while ago. I just remeber it being amusing that she sued someone for offering her a bus seat. xd  

Surazal Dloc

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:22 am
User Image

I miss not being invited out anywhere! That never happens anymore either because of facebook and what not. I wanted to go out to a dance, the dance was canceled, but GTR didn't. He tried saying there would be a lot of music that I wouldn't like playing. I didn't ******** care! I just wanted to get the hell out of the house and go out for a night with GTR and NO KIDS. Apparently that's just too much to ask though.

People just don't want to do anything anymore!
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:42 am
I'm not usually a very active person by nature, but I do like to go out and see the sun and play in the grass and dirt. I mean, it's just natural for me.

@ Laz: I know! When people say please and thank you, it's a big deal nowadays! Working in retail is actually where I realized this - at least, for my area, that seems to be the pattern. Sometime, I actually have people come through with iPods in their ears to check out! Cell phones are rude, but sometimes it may be the kids or the boss, so I don't say anything. But iPods?

@ GRM: I know, and it's like, I want to do something and I have to buy my sis a treat for us to go anywhere together...
"wanna go see a movie? You're downloading it? Wanna go for a walk? You're tired? Wanna go out and have dinner? You'll order takeout? Wanna engage in your life? You're busy?!"  

The Dinosaur Next Door

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:48 am
User Image

Hahah you're busy!

I hate cold weather so I'm waiting for it to get nice out, then I can take the girls outside. I don't want the ground to be wet either. Mud is a b***h to clean.
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:52 am
When I was younger, the laundry room opened into the backyard, and the floor was linoleum. So we'd turn the hose on each other and get muddy, then go into the mud room and strip our clothes off and leave them there. We'd go and take a shower and then we'd have played in the mud without pissing our mom off. biggrin
I wish I had time to make a mud puddle to play in nowadays. I just might, next day off I have!  

The Dinosaur Next Door

Surazal Dloc

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:13 pm
I also work in retail. But I am in the groccery department so I stack shelves etc. And yeah its the same thing, customers can be really ruide. The main thing I noticed and get annoyed with is like I might have my stock trolley in the asile and putting stuff from it on the shelf and then a customer comes down the asile and if they can't get through they just either push your trolley out of the way gently with theres or move it by hand slowl as if trying not to let you notice. The same goes if just a couple of customers have blockthe asile, another will just push through. What's wrong with jsut saying excuse me? I always try to move out of the way for customers but sometiems I dont seem them or realise I'm block the way. To me its jsut really rude, its almost like people are afraid to say ecuse me or embarrased or something. I dont get it.

@ GRM: I hope you gave GTR a good hiding for not going dancing with you. xd I love going out with friends. It basically doesn't matter what I'm doing, if a friend invites me out even if its to just bludge around the shops, I'm there becasue I think hanging out with friends is the best.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:36 am
User Image

I hate when I have to almost yell excuse me at people, and then they glare at you. I always say excuse me when I'm trying to get a strangers attention.

Not really, like I said it was canceled. I did however go out to the movies when I didn't want to, I did enjoy the movie though but not the point. There is another coming up and I want to go to that one! I just have to try and find someone who wants to take the kids for the night.... sweatdrop

On a side note, this topic totally reminds me of the song Imagine by John Lennon.
User Image

God-Raped-Me

Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas