Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:45 pm
sweatdrop Scene? I have no idea what that's supposed to be. Thank goodness I've been out of high school since 03. Ah well...at least it's better than groups of vampire wannabe kids eh?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:02 am
nalin cullen
I must say, the whole "scene craze" is sweeping the nation,
don't you think.? like, every highschool now,
instead of the usual,excuse my labeling, "preps", you see "scenes"

DISCUSS-
-insane crazes.
-"scene"
-labels(prep,goth,jock,etc.)

(p.s., this is my first well. topic here and, tell me if it goes well. i didn't know what else to type here, so i just did that. ^^.)

I consider it like any highschool trend. A huge waste of time and money all focused on what amounts to pure idiocy. Such things are a "ehy, look at me!!! I'm all different and s**t" type of cry for attention, which doesn't particularly do anything but annoy the piss out of me and make marketing execs richer.

Also, that genre of music and the hairstyles involved suck. Breathy vocals(resulting from way mistuned mics) and hair that looks like a blind kid with the shakes cut it, well, nuff said.

Labels in general are a human way of handling the fact that there are different kinds of people and such. "people who look and act like this are X", "people who look and act like that are Y" and so on. Neither a positive or negative thing, simply a means to an end.

WSell done thread, by the way.  

lazycommie

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:36 am
It's not a "craze" any more than emo was a craze, or goth, or punk, or whatever. It's just a style of dress. It'll pass, or morph into something else.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:52 am
I require that anyone who talks to me IRL leaves off with the slang from whatever clique they hang out with. I am so fed up with this deep intrinsic need people have to try to separate themselves from others, like they're so much better than the rest of us.  

The Dinosaur Next Door

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:10 pm
User Image
I hit him when he does that.
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:13 am
Or when my friends in high school still say things like, "Oh, she's such a preppy b***h. I hate her," I'm just like, "what, are you twelve? Stop that." It's just so unnecessary, to me.  

The Dinosaur Next Door

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:19 am
User Image

God damn! I'm so happy I'm out of high school!
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:20 pm
Kyla_Ewens
sweatdrop Scene? I have no idea what that's supposed to be. Thank goodness I've been out of high school since 03. Ah well...at least it's better than groups of vampire wannabe kids eh?

No offense but I have a deep interest in vampires. Although I may not go around pretending to bite people or such I still have a love for vampires and all that. So I find that comment unnessecary and rude.
Secondly, "scene kids" are in my opinion a subculture of emocore. In which neon and flashy colors are perfered and instead of the "emo": dark, negative and in some cases distant from others attitudes are: being cute, liking Hello Kitty and saying cute things, references to ninjas and saying things like "Rawr!".

I consider myself "Scene" on this description yet do not commit to the whole: "puffy, geled/sprayed hair and neons. Although if I had more time I'd probably puff my hair and such.  

Xx_Pandavik_xX

Hallowed Lover

15,150 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • That One Hero 500

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:09 pm
Ninja Vicky
Kyla_Ewens

No offense but I have a deep interest in vampires. Although I may not go around pretending to bite people or such I still have a love for vampires and all that. So I find that comment unnessecary and rude.
Um I think you're kind of attacking Kyla unnecessarily here. She didn't say she had a problem with people who liked vampires and were interested in vampires but vampire wannabe kids which to me means... kids who act like they're vampires. Huge difference there and you don't sound like you fit into that group.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:46 pm
I used to chill with this druggie who would get ******** up and pretend to be a vampire an bite the s**t out of me. I hated her. Surprisingly, she was a pretty decent person when sober, though.

I'm ******** thrilled to be out of high school. Being a teenager sucks. I'm stoked to almost be finished with it.  

The Dinosaur Next Door

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:49 pm
See that would annoy me too. I love vampires, I think they're freaking hella cool. Hell I used to play Vampire: The Masquerade (a Live Action Role Play) and that was fun. But even the people who play that think that anyone who takes it seriously and says they really are a vampire or act like they really are vampires are freakin creepy as hell. So honestly, gotta agree with Kyla on the matter.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:54 pm
I don't love vampires myself, only because they're so godlike and obnoxious most of the time... and the kids who love them are so pretentious. When you have sensibly fleshed-out characters and fans who aren't total dicks, vampire are pretty cool though. biggrin

Anyway, the long and short of this is that I agree with Kyla too. biggrin  

The Dinosaur Next Door

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:04 pm
It sucks that fans ruin things for other people >< that's always an annoying thing, usually ruins really great stuff sometimes too  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:06 pm
Sanzoskitsune
See that would annoy me too. I love vampires, I think they're freaking hella cool. Hell I used to play Vampire: The Masquerade (a Live Action Role Play) and that was fun. But even the people who play that think that anyone who takes it seriously and says they really are a vampire or act like they really are vampires are freakin creepy as hell. So honestly, gotta agree with Kyla on the matter.

I have a solution to the problem of people who believe they're vampires.

Fill a squirt bottle with lye solution. Say it's "holy water". Squirt them when they come near you. Watch and laugh.  

lazycommie

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:20 pm
That's funny and terrible. Lye ******** hurts. xd  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items