wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:58 pm
    I miss Nick in the Afternoons with Stick Stickly.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:03 pm
Spifflicious
Eh, Metallica appeals greatly to some. To others, not at all. I don't blame you, Lazy, for having that opinion, though I do disagree with it. How they act towards copyright laws and the like has absolutely nothing to do with the high quality of music they produce. Period.

ANYWAY! I never watched much wrestling. It was all cheesy and stupid to me. UFC, on the other hand, seems pretty bad a**. 3nodding

And this is not an opinion I have a problem with. If you like them, that's your prerogative. My original statement mentioning them was using them as an example of something vastly overplayed on the radio. Another stellar example is U2(my opinion of them is similar to that of mine regarding metallica, but harsher).  

lazycommie

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:05 pm
I remember that! God I miss good Nickleodeon sooo much. Like Salute your Shorts, Pete and Pete, GUTS, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Double Dare, and all those really great shows.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:06 pm
Sanzoskitsune
I remember that! God I miss good Nickleodeon sooo much. Like Salute your Shorts, Pete and Pete, GUTS, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Double Dare, and all those really great shows.

back when Nick was a good channel, basically.  

lazycommie

Spifflicious

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:07 pm
Don't forget KABLAM!, Sanzo. x3 I rarely got to watch it, but it was always epic. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:09 pm
OH I LOVED KABLAM! I can't believe I forgot it, I'm so ashamed *hangs head* Actually Nick redeemed itself slightly when it did Avatar... before that Danny Phantom was pretty good, so was Chalkzone and My Life as a Teenage Robot but they just don't have anything good right now.  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

lazycommie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:12 pm
If you want to get really broad, you could say that it's something that happened to TV in general. The History Channel, for instance, had good shows that taught stuff and was accurate, now it's mostly the same s**t over and over, and is in many cases incorrect. Discovery and TLC used to be educational and informational and FUN, but then they started with shows like "trading spaces" and other reality shows, which marked their descent into stupidity. Now TLC is nothing but baby shows, reality crap and home crap.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:15 pm
*sigh* did you read the part that said "redeemed itself slightly" I'm not saying Nickelodeon is great, I'm not even saying they have anything good NOW, I'm saying they had a couple of shows in the last few years that I've liked. That does not a good channel make, it just means that I haven't completely given up on it coming up with a good show EVENTUALLY.  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

lazycommie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:20 pm
Sanzoskitsune
*sigh* did you read the part that said "redeemed itself slightly" I'm not saying Nickelodeon is great, I'm not even saying they have anything good NOW, I'm saying they had a couple of shows in the last few years that I've liked. That does not a good channel make, it just means that I haven't completely given up on it coming up with a good show EVENTUALLY.

I was speaking of TV IN GENERAL.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:22 pm
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:24 pm
but of course Jaft! Twas one of the many cartoons I got up early on Saturdays for 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:26 pm
I liked the one where they had pupils and irises. :3  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:30 pm
Don't they have just like... a white spot now where their eyes are supposed to be? Because apparently if you wear something over your face it makes your eyes invisible.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:32 pm
I thought they became blind and relied on sonar to move about and detect enemies.

;D  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:39 pm
...that might also have been the case.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash