Runes, Tarot, and other forms of divination Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God-The-RapistV2.0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:52 am
User Image
I can read Tarot cards really, really well but unfortunately the only deck that I've ever been able to have was borrowed so it wasn't as accurate.

I've been hinting to people for years that I would like a good set. Preferably something old so it has experience but I would just be good with anything decent for now.

If I could I'd just buy a set but then whats the point in that? They wouldn't work at all.

--------------------------------------------

Art By: La Belle Isolde

"What you don't seem to understand is that I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with me." - Rorschach

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:52 am
God-The-RapistV2.0
Elcia
God-The-RapistV2.0
Elcia
Considering we as humans use so little of our brains I think that kind of focus be it in reading divination/meditating/praying all does more or less the same thing the way that you just described.

I have neither of said items but I think it would be neat to have a deck of one or a bag of the other. .. even for the very superficial reason that some of them are very pretty xd
User Image

100%.

We use 100% of our Brains.

"What you don't seem to understand is that I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with me." - Rorschach

Go find a scientist who studies the human brain and ask them whether or not we use the entirety of our brain. biggrin
User Image

OR:

http://tinyurl.com/dau82k

We use 100% of our brain almost 100% of the time. It is constantly active doing passive work that our body needs to survive. Like regulating your body temperature or your heart rate or telling your body how much or how little of a certain chemical you need. Even the things that arn't passive like movement and cognitive reasoning take up passive actions in your brain.

If you were to only use a portion of your brain your abilities to interact with the world would be drastically reduced.

It's even a misconception that we only use 10% at a time.

Mostly this is from MRI's that we have taken of the brain and a lay person trying to explain it. The reason that it SEEMS that we are only using certain portions is because they are "lit up" this actually only means that they are the MOST active part of the brain. While watching an MRI you can see that the brain is, if nothing is wrong, entirely Grey. This means that those parts of the brain are creating a a "passive" signal.

If it were not being used at all it would appear BLACK. This is what also happens when there are dead portions of the brain.

GTR is of course soo smart.

Let me rephrase my statement.
Elcia
Considering most people live most of their lives in autopilot I think that kind of focus be it in reading divination/meditating/praying all does more or less the same thing the way that you just described.

I apologize for the thread hijacking.  

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:59 am
User Image

No. I'M hijacking the thread for a post!

Yes, GTR is smart as hell, extremely smart, far smarter than most of us here. So why in hell are people getting so pissed off at him every time he tries to point out something, every time he tries to educate someone. ******** he's been here for almost ever and you people still can't understand him?! He's just trying to show you that we actually use more than what we think we do.

So, do you get pissed at your teachers and parents when they tell/teach you something new or different from what you believed?
User Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:08 am
Trish the Stalker
Bass20XX
User Image

I've always been taught to steer clear of Tarot decks, everyone reckons their sole purpose is to summon the Devil or something. xd

I had a reading done by a friend once, but I don't put much stock in his abilities.

I might pop into "Sacred Moon" and see if they do any Rune reading sets, it could be fun to learn them. Though from what I've read online, most books like to give you an "Odin rune" or a blank rune, and (according to a site I found) they're utter rubbish.

xd

It'd be nice to get a set, so when my sister gives me the money she owes me I'll see about it. biggrin

User Image

As to whether the blank rune is utter rubbish is up to personal interpretation. I use mine and if you don't want to use yours just take it out and save it in case you lose one and need to carve a new one. But I like it, it adds a little bit more depth to your casts and as a modern rune caster it's just a nice addition.

-Formerly La Belle Isolde-

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

Like I said, according to a site I read. I know almost nothing about runes and runecasting, so I'll take the site with a pinch of salt and all that. biggrin

I'm going to see what books are recommended reading for runecasting at some point.

biggrin

User Image

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:09 pm
Meh I don't put much stock in tarot cards or runes or stuff. It's just things I don't really believe in. I mean I think they can be fun, I just don't trust them to actually tell me anything. It's kind of like astrology, fun to look up and stuff but that's about it. Don't trust it to tell me anything of any real importance

@GRM really not the place to bring that up if you want to PM me, I can tell you exactly why people are getting upset with GTR.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:00 pm
I have Tarot but what is Runes??

TieselGirl09

TurtIe Tracks

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:04 pm
"I have Tarot but what is Runes??"

I have the same question. sad

Also, @ the brain conversation. I thought people could live normally with just half their brain? (not trying to be snarky or anything, this is a totally serious question)  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:08 pm
TurtIe Tracks
"I have Tarot but what is Runes??"

I have the same question. sad

Also, @ the brain conversation. I thought people could live normally with just half their brain? (not trying to be snarky or anything, this is a totally serious question)
User Image

Yes you can. Just with Diminished Capacity, and you would never be able to do things that needed both sides of the brain like playing piano.

Runes are an ancient Germanic script, one of the earliest alphabets. Divination runes are small objects, usually stones, that have the runic symbols on them.

I've never used runes so I have no idea how to read them.

Art By: Trish the Stalker

God-The-RapistV2.0

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:15 pm
I'm currently hosting a contest in the ATG clan...

Runes. I have no idea how they are used either. But if I had to guess, I would say that they are probably cast like dice while an incantation or whatever is said, and then their positions are read by the position they land in?

*Took a guess from something that sounds similar to him, something he read out of the Inheritance series*

...The prize is 5k. Why not swing by and check it out?

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:30 pm
I have a Tarot deck, but I don't really use it... I've never tried Runes, but, like Tarot, I'm not sure they're really for me *is lazy*
I'm more likely to use a pendulum. I like simple answers xd  

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:06 pm
Sanzoskitsune
Meh I don't put much stock in tarot cards or runes or stuff. It's just things I don't really believe in. I mean I think they can be fun, I just don't trust them to actually tell me anything. It's kind of like astrology, fun to look up and stuff but that's about it. Don't trust it to tell me anything of any real importance.

Same.

@Brain convo: I thought I read somewhere that if you're missing a portion of your brain (whether it's half or less or whatever, I'm not sure) then the remaining portion would, in a way, 'take on the responsibilities' of the mission part. Or....something along those lines. Their brain would still be able to work, though not as well.

[/utterlyuselesspost sweatdrop ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:40 pm
User Image

... Anyone know where to get an old deck of tarot cards? Without it costing an arm and a leg? sweatdrop
User Image

God-Raped-Me

TieselGirl09

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:47 pm
I have some really good ones, they were £24 and they're really good.
They are black and with a gold trimming and pretty decent pictures on them.
I was thinking about selling, but I'm not so sure now...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:02 pm
I'm currently hosting a contest in the ATG clan...

I wouldn't know where to look other than a shop that specializes in stuff like that, or maybe a bookstore. I dunno.

Anyway, I talked to a friend of mine about this stuff, especially Runes and palm reading. It seems that with runes, they are supposed to be either made yourself or gifted to you. So now I need to find some directions on making/reading runes xd

...The prize is 5k. Why not swing by and check it out?

User Image

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:58 pm
[>{+:. Stephasaurus Rex .:+}<]

I've never used tarot or runes myself... I've used a Ouija board before, but for the most part, I believe in conducting experiments and doing research while praying like hell.
That said, I would like to learn. I used to know how to read palms a la chiromancy, but... I've forgotten quite a bit of it.

[/>{+:. Stephasaurus Rex .:+}<]

Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces