View Results

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 10:29 pm
Well, at the moment, sex is not quite an option. Not likely to be at risk for a while. And I can raise a kid, I have no issue with that. I am well skilled and highly referred. I've done live in child care on multiple occasions. Heck, I used to provide childcare, substitute teach (did it for many years), worked as a camp counselor for 6 years, and was a live in nanny for DSS. I don't know anyone who could honestly claim that I'd be a poor parent. Caring for a child/children is not the issue, I can handle that. I just don't want a child to have my genetic material.

As for getting my tubes tied, the thought of having an accidental pregnancy is less abhorrent than medical procedures to me. I have a terror of needles and hospitals due to very bad experiences every time I've been in a hospital for care. I'd rather not have a medical procedure unless absolutely necessary.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:47 am
I'd probably get it aborted, too.
But I don't think it should come down to this. If you're going to have a child, you should make sure you're prepared to provide for it. Either that or be really careful when having sex.

Boxed_Jam

Milk and Holy Water

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:40 pm
First of all, you should help your friend understand that she should never feel ashamed for aborting a pregnancy, especially if she is unable to raise a child.

I, honestly, believe that having children is a terribly cruel thing to do. I believe that anyone who has lived even two decades or more could see that life is game of cruelty and pain, and the only way to escape pain, even briefly is to inflict more pain on others (no matter how indirectly it's inflicted or how rationalized it becomes). If your friend thinks that bringing another life into this world to suffer is a good idea, than there is nothing that can be done to stop her.

Now, I've repeated this many times here, and many people have said it is insensitive to say this, but I believe wholeheartedly that having a child is an act of violence on the child and on the world you bring it into, a world of dwindling resources, and fierce and heartless competition.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:36 pm
I think unplanned pregnancies are sort of the fault of the bearer themselves.
When people first decide to partake in intercourse, they are (generally) aware of the risks they're taking...
So if they end up having a child, well... They should have been prepared.
Condoms are only 70% effective; so that 30% is huge.

But if the girl gets impregnated, then it's her responsibility to bear,
and I think she should keep the baby -
I realize it'd be a financial and emotional burden at first,
but why decide over someone else's life (even if it's at the fetus-stage, it BECOMES a life) ?
I find that really unfair...
That goes for rape or just any other pregnancy cases.
I'm very pro-life. :<

Yeonie

Milk and Holy Water

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:22 am
Yeonie
When people first decide to partake in intercourse, they are (generally) aware of the risks they're taking...

but why decide over someone else's life (even if it's at the fetus-stage, it BECOMES a life) ?

One thing that I find particularly strange are people who claim to be pro-life, but then are opposed to many of the public services that are necessary for a child born into poverty. I do not believe that a life of pain, hunger, and deprivation is any sort of life to live. Remember, every time you wonder why there are so many homeless people/beggars/impoverished unskilled workers, remember that you were the one who said that their life was sacred and that keeping them alive is more important than economic and stability. Or are you one of those people that only likes a fetus, but when that fetus becomes an alcoholic mooch (which i say in the most kind way possible, believe me) you vote against providing him health care to extend the life that you fought so hard for to begin with.

A neglected child usually grows up to be a terribly maladjusted adult. You don't blame him when he's a child, but when he grows up, it seems all to common to forget that it's the same impoverished fetus that many conservatives fight so hard to prevent from being aborted but then refuse to take any social responsibility to raise.

A child who was never taken care often becomes an adult that can barely care for himself. Remember that the next time you proselytize that every life is sacred and should be cared for and given opportunity. Being born to poverty is hardly an opportunity, espesially when the same people who who shame mothers into having unwanted children refuse to take responsibility for the birth of that child that they are indirectly responsible for.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:35 pm
Milk and Holy Water
Yeonie

One thing that I find particularly strange are people who claim to be pro-life, but then are opposed to many of the public services that are necessary for a child born into poverty. I do not believe that a life of pain, hunger, and deprivation is any sort of life to live. Remember, every time you wonder why there are so many homeless people/beggars/impoverished unskilled workers, remember that you were the one who said that their life was sacred and that keeping them alive is more important than economic and stability. Or are you one of those people that only likes a fetus, but when that fetus becomes an alcoholic mooch (which i say in the most kind way possible, believe me) you vote against providing him health care to extend the life that you fought so hard for to begin with.

A neglected child usually grows up to be a terribly maladjusted adult. You don't blame him when he's a child, but when he grows up, it seems all to common to forget that it's the same impoverished fetus that many conservatives fight so hard to prevent from being aborted but then refuse to take any social responsibility to raise.

A child who was never taken care often becomes an adult that can barely care for himself. Remember that the next time you proselytize that every life is sacred and should be cared for and given opportunity. Being born to poverty is hardly an opportunity, espesially when the same people who who shame mothers into having unwanted children refuse to take responsibility for the birth of that child that they are indirectly responsible for.

Of course, but ...
I'm not opposed to public service that would help the beings who are born in that situation. :<

Life isn't all about "survival of the fittest" - just because someone hasn't been born under the best circumstances which was out of THEIR control,
shouldn't mean they have to suffer the consequences.
A whole community improves in worth as we help one another.  

Yeonie

Milk and Holy Water

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:47 pm
Let me tell you, for those of us not born into comfort, it really is a fight for survival. I would never want harm to come to another human with sentience and a soul, but to interrupt the viability of a fetus is NOT the same as ending a sentient life. It is out of our control though, to prevent unwanted pregnancies, but what is worse, an interruption in the viability of a pregnancy, or creating another unwanted child, who will, in most cases grow up in a culture of fear, posturing, and opportunism. I'm not claiming that I am in favor if this world. I am only saying that this is the case, as far as my experience is concerned, and I believe that preventing suffering, especially the suffering of someone who will probably grow up to be a person like me. I'd support all the free abortions I could to prevent anyone else from having to grow up in poverty.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:29 am
Milk and Holy Water
Let me tell you, for those of us not born into comfort, it really is a fight for survival. I would never want harm to come to another human with sentience and a soul, but to interrupt the viability of a fetus is NOT the same as ending a sentient life. It is out of our control though, to prevent unwanted pregnancies, but what is worse, an interruption in the viability of a pregnancy, or creating another unwanted child, who will, in most cases grow up in a culture of fear, posturing, and opportunism. I'm not claiming that I am in favor if this world. I am only saying that this is the case, as far as my experience is concerned, and I believe that preventing suffering, especially the suffering of someone who will probably grow up to be a person like me. I'd support all the free abortions I could to prevent anyone else from having to grow up in poverty.

In a sense, preventing the viability of a fetus and ending a sentient life is parallel, when you see that you're stopping the opportunity for either the fetus or the life to turn into something amazing. That in itself is morally wrong, IMO.

If a life was meant to be, it WILL be. But it's not in our hands to decide the fate of someone/something else.  

Yeonie

Cevadeva

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:24 pm
For the girl, it's really her choice. But abortion is a last-resort-nothing-else-can-be-done option. The truth is, the kid deserves to live to the fullest and if that means that it's given to a different family to raise it, then that's better than abortion. And if the girl is doing a lot of stuff she knows she shouldn't be doing, then she really needs to get her act together or the kid suffers from stuff it wasn't in control over.

But if she really can't keep her baby, then she should find some way to do what's best for the child, and not go through crap just because she and her partner were stupid enough to get pregnant. She can either clean up her act, or find a couple that want a child and will be willing to an adoption. I honestly think that's a better choice than abortion.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:54 pm
What I don't understand is why it's morally wrong to allow a woman to have an abortion but, morally fine to legally force a woman to go through a full term pregnancy against her will. That is clearly a violation of her body and her rights as a human being.
I don't understand how either side can presume to be more morally just than the other. confused  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:21 pm
It's wonderful to know that there are people out there who think that bringing a child into an abusive/poor as s**t/ starving life is worth it. You're just great as a human being to me, IMO that is. stare  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:14 pm
My brother-in-law's earliest memory is sitting on the floor next to his passed-out-on-drugs mother, crying because he couldn't wake her up and there was no one to take care of him.

He used his mom as a model of how NOT to live, worked his a** off, got through dental school (my sister worked like crazy and they lived off of soup so they could swing it), has his own practice, a happy marriage with three children, and in his spare time breeds horses.

So yeah - I think all children should be given the opportunity to live and make something of themselves. Shitty origins does not make a child no better than human waste. And the argument that you're saving a child from suffering by killing it is a bit absurd. I'm pretty sure that having something sharp jabbed into your skull and then having your brains sucked out...kinda hurts. Ditto for being sliced up into bloody chunks. Any of you ever watch "The Silent Scream"?

As a side point, if you're using abortion as an option of last resort, in theory that means you've actually tried other avenues. Most couples who want to adopt, want to adopt an infant (hence the problem with older children who don't get adopted). Most of those are MORE than happy to pay for the mother's pre-natal care, too.  

Yvaine

Milk and Holy Water

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:42 pm
Yvaine
My brother-in-law's earliest memory is sitting on the floor next to his passed-out-on-drugs mother, crying because he couldn't wake her up and there was no one to take care of him.

He used his mom as a model of how NOT to live, worked his a** off, got through dental school (my sister worked like crazy and they lived off of soup so they could swing it), has his own practice, a happy marriage with three children, and in his spare time breeds horses.

So yeah - I think all children should be given the opportunity to live and make something of themselves. Shitty origins does not make a child no better than human waste. And the argument that you're saving a child from suffering by killing it is a bit absurd. I'm pretty sure that having something sharp jabbed into your skull and then having your brains sucked out...kinda hurts. Ditto for being sliced up into bloody chunks. Any of you ever watch "The Silent Scream"?

As a side point, if you're using abortion as an option of last resort, in theory that means you've actually tried other avenues. Most couples who want to adopt, want to adopt an infant (hence the problem with older children who don't get adopted). Most of those are MORE than happy to pay for the mother's pre-natal care, too.

Oh, and what about those who do not adjust as well? It's their fault, is what you're saying? I'm not sure you understand the severity of abuse that exists, especially below that poverty line.

When you see a person who you'd call a deadbeat, or a loser, do you imagine that tiny fetus? Do you have the same desire to provide them with the opportunity for a good life?

That fetus grows up pretty quickly, and a lifetime of neglect will likely result in a very maladjusted person. Your brother-in-law is a rare example, and the kind that's often brought up in this case. How many people don't make it. Unless he existed in a vacuum his success was not entirely his own.

In the world that I live in, a large majority of people I know, if given the choice and the knowledge to make it, would have taken the less painful route to heaven.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:00 am
^And uh, don't forget about the people who don't even get that opportunity when they are born. Irresponsible people having an abortion of an unwanted child seems more merciful than dumping the newborn in the trash and leaving it to starve/dehydrate/suffocate.

We can say at least the deadbeats got a shot at living. Not everybody has the patience to kick their kids out or leave them to the government so they can become failures in society. lol

My point is at least abortion can be done safely for the mother if regulated. Without it, we have ODs, rusty wire coat hangers, and tossing newborns in the trash with the umbilical cord still attached.  

Phaeton 2

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:28 am
I'm pretty sure we've discovered that fetuses that young can't feel anything anyways.

But tell you what, since you're so against abortion YOU adopt all the babies that YOU are focring to be born! And YOU deal with the family's who loose the mother and child during childbirth. More over lets force YOU to have a child you don't ever want, lets FORCE you to love and nuture it and not ******** up it's life. Oh and lets have all the retarded people have kids too! They clearly know how to take care of their kids. Anyone who has sevear mental issues can take care of children 24/7 too.

Is it even possible for you to look beyond your small world and see what would happen to the world should abortion be stopped?  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff