[>{+:. Stephasaurus Rex .:+}<]

All addictions are bad. It's a sign of deficiency and poor health. That said, I think that the difference between "good" and "bad" addictions is, in my understanding, the behavior that it causes people to exhibit. Being grumpy is one thing, but killing people for a fix is overly negative.

I'm hardcore addicted to caffeine. I can't live without my coffee or soda to keep myself interested. Without it, I get sluggish and sink into a haze of ennui and sleepiness. Like a cat. biggrin I'm also even more outlandishly petty and bitchy without it. Like, violently so.

I'm also addicted to music. Without music, my mind goes wandering and I have a hard time focusing on what's in front of me (especially if it's something I don't want to do.) Music puts me in a state of trance that helps me focus when I'm drawing, and when I'm doing schoolwork, it motivates and inspires me.

I think that all addictions are equal, and that if one is legit, they all are. That said, from a more reasonable perspective, I would imagine that the drive to replenish whatever you need is what makes an addiction "legit," but even if it is a legit addiction, it shouldn't be a scapegoat for wrongdoers. Nobody (with any sense) shoots someone else over a pack of cigarettes, nor do they suffer any symptoms other than withdrawal when... withdrawing. Smoking, then, is not a legitimate addiction. People kill over hardcore drugs all the time, and crack addicts can become extremely sick and suffer actual physical trauma from withdrawal. Crack rocks, then, are a legitimate addiction. I disagree with this, but I also have no concept of anyone else's suffering, so my relatively easy-to-kick addiction biases me. biggrin

I don't really know; a lot of people claim to be addicted that aren't. In IRL conversation I tend to tune this topic out. rolleyes

[/>{+:. Stephasaurus Rex .:+}<]