Reply RP/Game
The Mortal Strain Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Red Glacier

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:50 pm
X: "Have a good day, fellow Star Atter" he said as the door was shut and they drove off.

Haze: "another one, right?"

X: "Yes Haze. Would you kindly bring him to me. he stands out pretty well." he explained as they parked in front of the bar Rex was in. he shows Haze a picture of the Rex "That is the one."

Haze: "Alright."

X: "Enjoying the job?"

Haze: "Better then my usual one at the hospital."

X: "hm. glad to hear it Haze" he said with a grin

Haze: he enters the bar and looks around til he found the lone Rex sitting at the counter seemingly spacing out at the sweat of the beer in his hand. Haze walks forward towards Rex. Rex had a nature in him that was speaking obviously that there was something on his mind. "Rex Landon?"  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:10 pm
"Rex Landon?"

Rex slowly drifted out of his doze to see the most bizarre sight of his short 21 years, which was saying quite a bit. The... thing addressing him was tall, glowing with energy, and... robotic? Rex knew he had to be dreaming, so he shut his eyes tight and tried to shake the daze from his head. When he opened them again, however, and a bit to his dismay, the creature remained, still looking at him patiently.

He looked around at the dimly lit bar. Even more bizarre than the creature itself was the fact that no one seemed to notice its presence. Rex stood shakily, still feeling the effects of the sleep and the alcohol, and narrowed his eyes, speaking quietly. "Never heard of him... Who or what are you, and..." he winced in discomfort. "...what do you want with this Rex guy anyway?" He stayed defensive, casting an uneasy glance around him from time to time. 'This would've been so much easier sober...' he thought grimly.  

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500

Red Glacier

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:15 pm
due to the alcohols effect Haze could tell Rex was trying to shake him off, buzzed people were horrible at lying. That and the picture matched him.

"Rex, my name is Haze. My boss is here to speak of a new offer made for you. I would appreciate it if you would come with me."  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:20 pm
Rex took a firm step backward, now a bit more certain as his annoyance burned away the effects of the alcohol. "Look, you," he gestured to his suit, which was ever-so-slightly misaligned from his half-slumber on the bar stool. "I'm an important person with better things to do than to go taking rides with strangers, candy or not." He shook his head lightly. "I'm not going anywhere, so just take your offer right on out of here." He was resolute, or he thought he was. The gall of this thing was annoying. How was he just supposed to assume no harm would come of him, after the things he had done... the things he had taken... He took his seat on the bar stool once more.  

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500

Red Glacier

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:28 pm
x-Dark-Pisces-x

Rex took a firm step backward, now a bit more certain as his annoyance burned away the effects of the alcohol. "Look, you," he gestured to his suit, which was ever-so-slightly misaligned from his half-slumber on the bar stool. "I'm an important person with better things to do than to go taking rides with strangers, candy or not." He shook his head lightly. "I'm not going anywhere, so just take your offer right on out of here." He was resolute, or he thought he was. The gall of this thing was annoying. How was he just supposed to assume no harm would come of him, after the things he had done... the things he had taken... He took his seat on the bar stool once more.

"It has to do with your........abnormal abilities. We would like to give you a rich job opportunity. and yes, I agree, you are an important person. which is why i am asking you and none of the other people here. I promise you no harm."  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:35 pm
Abnormal... but... how could he know about that..? He hadn't told anyone, not even... Rex slid off the bar stool once more, taking a few steps toward the wall away from the creature. "H-how..? How can you know that..? You're... who ARE you?" Completely thrown off guard now, he gave up his feeble attempts at guarded conversation. On one hand, the creature seemed to know him... more about him than anyone. And what WAS the creature anyway? Who'd sent him? These questions rifled through his brain a hundred times in a second, making his stomach lurch.  

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:36 pm
Roland walked into the weapons shop which, oddly enough, was disguised as a weapons shop. The legit weapons shop front was exactly that, many people came here to buy a gun for self defense or hunting without even realizing that here was a whole other side of the store. He walked in, and noticed that there was another customer inside. "s**t" he swore under his breath. Protocol for those who knew about the back was that if a normal customer was in the store, the one who wanted to purchase legally questionable weaponry was to lurk in the front, to blend in and look like a normal customer.

Roland waited, and once the customer was gone he said "Ya know Dave, have you ever though about making an alternate entrance so we don't have to do that? It can get rather irritating at times."

"What are you going to do, go somewhere else?"

"Good point. There isn't another decent weapons shop for miles. Still, consider it." Roland said, and walked to the back.

Roland pushed a hidden button on the back wall, and walked through the door that appeared. Once in the "good" store, Roland smiled. Here he was like a kid in a candy store. He inhaled deeply, smelling the freshly oiled steel and the gunpowder. He looked around for a bit, and selected a semi-automatic Konbhurg magnum with a carbon fiber grip and a laser sight. He held it and was pleased with it. Not too heavy, and the grip fit nicely, almost like a glove. He walked up to the counter to Fred, Dave's brother. "Hey Fred, what's up?"

Fred looked up from the katana he was polishing to a fine sheen. "Hey Rol, not much. Business has been a bit slow. I'd ask the same, but I know you wouldn't tell me the truth," he said, and smiled.

"Haha, a wise choice indeed. Customary information on this?" he asked, and set the gun on the counter.

"Lets see... ah yes. It's got the right amount of kick. Not too much that it makes you shoot wide, but not too little so you don't mess up by over compensating on what you expect. 26 rounds a clip, all of which can be fired before you have to c**k the gun again. Three thousand bucks."

"Whoa, that's a bit steep. No matter, I'll take it. I'll take about eight clips too, and 300 rounds of ammo. I'll also take a couple Uzi pistols, twelve clips for those and 500 rounds of ammo. I'll also take that nifty little kunai belt you've got there."

"Geez, what are you doing, taking on an army? nevermind, I can't ask that. That will be... $12,650"

"Tell you what. Here's fifteen thousand. Take the change, and put in a gorram back door. The front entrance can be irritating at times" Roland said and smiled. He liked Fred, a lot more than he liked Dave. Dave was harder to deal with, he wasn't as friendly.

"Haha, had to wait on another one, huh? Don't worry, I've been considering doing the same anyway. Later Rol"

Roland strapped on the kunai belt and tucked the weapons into the belt, and walked back out into the sun.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:43 pm
x-Dark-Pisces-x
Abnormal... but... how could he know about that..? He hadn't told anyone, not even... Rex slid off the bar stool once more, taking a few steps toward the wall away from the creature. "H-how..? How can you know that..? You're... who ARE you?" Completely thrown off guard now, he gave up his feeble attempts at guarded conversation. On one hand, the creature seemed to know him... more about him than anyone. And what WAS the creature anyway? Who'd sent him? These questions rifled through his brain a hundred times in a second, making his stomach lurch.

"I can't really tell you in a public environment. We want to help you. I'll tell you everything in private, ok? Just give me a little chance here, ok? I'm not out to get you. As a matter of fact i want to help you become more one with your abilities."  

Red Glacier

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:04 pm
None of this made any sense. A creature mysteriously knew about power he wasn't supposed to have... powers he hadn't told ANYONE about, and now the thing wanted to help him IMPROVE them? Rex went back a few days in his mind, remembering the mugger he had scared away by stretching his own shadow to look more muscular from around the corner of a deserted building. He opened his eyes again to look at the creature. If it had eyes, he was sure they'd be looking at him with a sparkle of earnest. Somehow, beneath whatever material was covering him, he seemed to have enough empathy to communicate... to persuade. Rex had no idea why, but for some reason he felt drawn towards this creature's offer. Was it able to manipulate his mind too? At this point he wouldn't have been surprised.

Rex pushed the thought from his head, choosing on a whim to believe the creature's offer of help. He stepped forward a bit and nodded slowly. "Look... I don't know who you are, why you're here, or why I'm saying this... but I'm intrigued enough to want to know more... more about why... why you know things you shouldn't." He stepped up to the metallic humanoid, looking up into what he assumed were its eyes. "...but if I sense one MOLECULE out of place with this endeavor, I'm out. Completely. Understood?" Even in the face of his own uncertainty Rex refused to show fear. He shook off the doubt for the moment.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:53 pm
Roland thought for a bit. "Hrm. I don't have the materials at my apartment to do this, and I don't think that an apartment is the proper place to be doing any welding anyway. Let's see... bleh. I could go for some food. And some beer would be nice too." Roland walked to a nearby bar and sat down at the bar. "I'll have a burger, and a corona."  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Red Glacier

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:54 pm
x-Dark-Pisces-x
None of this made any sense. A creature mysteriously knew about power he wasn't supposed to have... powers he hadn't told ANYONE about, and now the thing wanted to help him IMPROVE them? Rex went back a few days in his mind, remembering the mugger he had scared away by stretching his own shadow to look more muscular from around the corner of a deserted building. He opened his eyes again to look at the creature. If it had eyes, he was sure they'd be looking at him with a sparkle of earnest. Somehow, beneath whatever material was covering him, he seemed to have enough empathy to communicate... to persuade. Rex had no idea why, but for some reason he felt drawn towards this creature's offer. Was it able to manipulate his mind too? At this point he wouldn't have been surprised.

Rex pushed the thought from his head, choosing on a whim to believe the creature's offer of help. He stepped forward a bit and nodded slowly. "Look... I don't know who you are, why you're here, or why I'm saying this... but I'm intrigued enough to want to know more... more about why... why you know things you shouldn't." He stepped up to the metallic humanoid, looking up into what he assumed were its eyes. "...but if I sense one MOLECULE out of place with this endeavor, I'm out. Completely. Understood?" Even in the face of his own uncertainty Rex refused to show fear. He shook off the doubt for the moment.

"Very good. follow me." he shows Rex to the limo and stat him in the same place Roland was across X

X: "Good day, have a nice drink I assume? I'm sorry for the strange atmosphere and please excuse my friend Haze"

"I bet you are wondering why you are here and its simple. We have been looking for people that have been showing abnormal abilities beyond human capabilities, you are one of few who have them. My friend Haze here, is just the same as you."

"I want to offer you a new life. A place with people that have powers like you and understand as much as you do. people to learn with, to befriend. we will help you become stronger in your abilities, make you better and stronger beyond your imagination. We are the Star Atters, a group that has no affiliation with any government or country, we covertly handle abnormal situations beyond any governments control. We will train you to be strong, we will make you rich, we will give you a life that most can only imagine. You have much potential. We can make you live to its extent and more" he slides the suit case near him and takes out a form and pen and hands them to Rex

"Any questions?"

they pull up to the bar again and Haze exits and approaches Roland

Haze: "We have to be going Roland. we will supply you with food soon, don't worry." he shows Roland almost hurriedly to the limo and sat him across from him. X was to Rolands right and Rex to his left

X: "Good you could join back with us Roland."  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:04 pm
Questions? Of course he had questions. There were hundreds, but he didn't know where to start or whether this was the time. He started simply, clearing his throat uneasily, "How... do you know me?" It was a simple enough question, and one he hoped would have a simple answer. He doubted he'd be satisfied, however, and sank back into the soft leather of the limousine bench seat. He eyed the case and the form. 'Oohhh, no,' he thought. 'No way am I signing anything...'

Rex eyed the new face briefly, unable to take in anything outside of his own disbelief at this point. He looked back to the man, disregarding all other distractions.  

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500

Red Glacier

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:22 pm
x-Dark-Pisces-x
Questions? Of course he had questions. There were hundreds, but he didn't know where to start or whether this was the time. He started simply, clearing his throat uneasily, "How... do you know me?" It was a simple enough question, and one he hoped would have a simple answer. He doubted he'd be satisfied, however, and sank back into the soft leather of the limousine bench seat. He eyed the case and the form. 'Oohhh, no,' he thought. 'No way am I signing anything...'

Rex eyed the new face briefly, unable to take in anything outside of his own disbelief at this point. He looked back to the man, disregarding all other distractions.

X: "Thats highly confidential. But if you must know. We found traces of strange events happening, we found they lead up to you. so we looked into different files about you to learn about you. Easy as that. Anything else?"

Haze: "We were just like you Rex. people with powers and no reason for having them. the Star Atters found us and gave us a home where we could freely use our abilities without any trouble. They take good care of us and now the invitation has been extended to you. You'll find friends quickly and feel a little more comfortable. I promise"  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:32 pm
"Alright, now I'M confused. What are these 'powers'? I... don't have any of these powers. I'm just a mercenary, no more." Roland said. Never before had he even known any indication of any 'powers.'  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:43 pm
"Friends..." he repeated softly, clutching the small metal crucifix under his shirt. "I don't have friends..." He paused for a minute, thinking over what he had seen and heard up to this point. He stared at the shadow the sun cast on the seat beside him. Quietly he raised his hand and stirred the air with it, causing the black form on the seat to ripple and shimmer, distorting the shape. It was such an interesting thing, controlling this ability. He wanted to know more. He wanted it more than anything. Maybe, just maybe it could help him understand the dream...

He looked back up at the man and then to the paper. Without thinking any further, he reached into the inside pocket of his suit, produced a pen, and signed a neat scrawl on the line provided. Rex didn't like forms. They made things 'official' and 'stone-set'. He looked from the man to the newcomer and then at the creature who had met him in the bar. It still made no sense that they could know all about him, and that they could want to help him. Surely they had some stock in it, these... people. So what was it? He was too exhausted to ask any more questions. He leaned his head against the window paneling of the limo and began to doze off, muttering quietly to the man, "...you would be wise not to steer me wrong..." And then he slept.  
RP/Game

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff