May Day! May Day! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

124-C

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:34 pm
sad So few know about May Day...

May Day, traditionally, is a celebration of the end of winter. It started off as a pagan holiday celebrated, in various forms, across Northern Europe and was later "Christianized" like Easter, Halloween, and Christmas were.

Here in the states, and parts of Canada, I believe, it's tradition to make baskets of flowers for your neighbors. You leave the basket on the front step and then play ding-dong-ditch. If they catch you you're supposed to kiss them. I don't know why.

@Erius — I was reading about those trees. I thought it was neat, but it seems a tad... big.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:39 pm
My family is cheap, antisocial, and lazy. We pretty much only celebrate two holidays a year - Christmas and Thanksgiving.

We really like ham too. I bet if May Day had more ham in it we'd have participated to some extent xp  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:25 pm
^^Psycha^^
Labour Day Horray

O.o here in Canada, Labour Day is the first Monday in September. I didn't realise it wasn't that way for everyone. Thanks for enlightening me!

@Tsuji: is ding-dong-ditch like nicky-nicky-nine-doors?  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:37 pm
I do freelance work for a kids site and they had an event where you gifted baskets to people today... 3nodding  

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

124-C

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:45 pm
Yay! May Day festivities!

@Kals — I believe so. You ring the doorbell and then run and hide?  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 3:24 am
Oh...um...I posted kinda late... sweatdrop  

Prinniesdood

3,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:58 am
User Image

I wish I had been able to see that yesterday. I didn't know that May 1st was a holiday. What is done to celebrate it? What type of holiday is it? Like a birthday, or someone did something utterly amazing. A death? A new beggining? Spring friskyness? Oh ya, I would set out a day to celebrate being horny. twisted
User Image

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:56 am
@Tsuji:
Well, the trees can be big, but usually they are rather thin and look more like the top/crown of a tree, about a story high at most, google fails..and there are only hearts and wreathes here, the olschool people are sparse, and I dont wanna search all around town for one razz .

But, there are of course the huge may trees too, but those are for everyone, not for just one single person.  

Serious Erius
Crew

Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas