Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Maybe I'm just growing old. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blah blah blah blah blah; blah blah?
  Blah blah!
  ni ni ni ni ni
  Why you filthy little
  Sweet and juicy, you're the best!
  Got any carrots, or apples? Anything to munch?
  Interior Crocodile Alligator, I drive a Chevorlet Movie Theatre
View Results

Darthspanky

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:13 am
if i saw some anime that was half desent then id mention it but all the mainstream stuff sucks a**. yeah i like Deathnote. i cant say i started a collection of it. but hell even i went out of my way for things that people probley never heard of to see if there not choke on cawk worthey  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:14 am
Darthspanky
/wrists

and now i feel like posting some truly worthwhile comments

also narutard sucks. watch elfen lied its p coo.

I'd describe it as a cuter, faster-paced version of Gantz combined with the plot of Alien with the Xenomorphs replaced by teenage girls.  

Awiergan Retribution

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Angie moo
Crew

Rainbow Fatcat

13,375 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:18 am
I was the one that suggested Elfen Lied to everyone in the guild to watch it hell I have the box set now. Sadly though I can't find anymore slaughter anime now a days curse you anime network! So I have to cling on to Chibi vampire to get the blood works. (even thought its just nose bleeds)._.  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:23 am
Darthspanky
if i saw some anime that was half desent then id mention it but all the mainstream stuff sucks a**. yeah i like Deathnote. i cant say i started a collection of it. but hell even i went out of my way for things that people probley never heard of to see if there not choke on cawk worthey

LOL animu discussion.

Death Note was actually really good. Unfortunately, all the fans are so incredibly ******** weeaboo that I get pissed off at the mention of it. Way to many "OMG SQUEE LOL <3 KAWAII BAKA NEKO YAOI" types for me. The series was ******** American Psycho level ******** up; I don't understand why it has this fanbase.

Right now I'm watching Shangri-la, Eve No Jikan, Kara No Kyoukai, Shugo Chara, Rosario Vampire, Asura Cryin, Chaos Head, Basquash, Persona-Trinity Soul, and a few other series off and on. I'm also waiting on Canaan to come out. I probably won't finish all of them; mainly, I'm browsing for club recommendations for next year.  

Awiergan Retribution

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Dana Pixie Stix

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:24 am
Awiergan Retribution
Darthspanky
/wrists

and now i feel like posting some truly worthwhile comments

also narutard sucks. watch elfen lied its p coo.

I'd describe it as a cuter, faster-paced version of Gantz combined with the plot of Alien with the Xenomorphs replaced by teenage girls.

Yeah it was me. I remember because when I mentioned it you sent a PM in the context of something like: GOOD GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU.  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:26 am
I loved the psychological aspect of Death Note, but the writers seemed to forget who the characters were at some point and it began to feel hollow. I loved Code Geass. I hate it when people think those flashes were a memory transfer instead of just his last thoughts.  

Metalic_Noodles

Darthspanky

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:31 am
Awiergan Retribution
Darthspanky

LOL animu discussion.

Death Note was actually really good. Unfortunately, all the fans are so incredibly ******** weeaboo that I get pissed off at the mention of it. Way to many "OMG SQUEE LOL <3 KAWAII BAKA NEKO YAOI" types for me. The series was ******** American Psycho level ******** up; I don't understand why it has this fanbase.

Right now I'm watching Shangri-la, Eve No Jikan, Kara No Kyoukai, Shugo Chara, Rosario Vampire, Asura Cryin, Chaos Head, Basquash, Persona-Trinity Soul, and a few other series off and on. I'm also waiting on Canaan to come out. I probably won't finish all of them; mainly, I'm browsing for club recommendations for next year.
yeah i like Rosario Vampire myself i havent watched much of it but its a winner. and the psychological part of it was what kept me going for deathnote. im also fond of cowboy bebop but that itself has somewhat of a fan calling  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:34 am
Dana Pixie Stix
Yeah it was me. I remember because when I mentioned it you sent a PM in the context of something like: GOOD GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU.

I remember now.

Sorry about that.

You were right.  

Awiergan Retribution

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:36 am
I read the Elven Lied manga and didn't get totally freaked out. Are they just that different?  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:44 am
Awiergan Retribution
Dana Pixie Stix

I remember now.

Sorry about that.

You were right.

Well glad you like it now. All though I was surprised you didn't like it at first, thought it would be something up your alley.  

Dana Pixie Stix

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

Professional Conversationalist

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:48 am
i got into a few anime's over the winter.. the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya, fruits basket, his and her circumstances, mythical detective loki ragnarok, kanokan, loveless, gravitation, junjou romantica.

geez took me a sec to remember all the titles i got into for the passed year. i'm sure there's more but those are all i could remember right off. ya they're probably all considered cornball sappy but mehh i loved em smile
most of them had been out a while already but they were new to me ^^  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:54 am
Dana Pixie Stix
Awiergan Retribution
Dana Pixie Stix

I remember now.

Sorry about that.

You were right.

Well glad you like it now. All though I was surprised you didn't like it at first, thought it would be something up your alley.

I'm more empathic than I generally act; for that matter, Haibane Renmei made me cry at the end, though I'm not exactly happy to admit that.

At the time you suggested Elfen Lied, it wasn't easy to get a hold of with my rather slow Internet connection, and the first episode came as such a shock (still the bloodiest 7 minutes in any mainstream anime) that I didn't pursue it any further for years.  

Awiergan Retribution

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Dana Pixie Stix

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:07 pm
Never seen Haibane Renmei. Yeah, shoulda said it was bloody, my bad.  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:25 pm
How did you find Elven Lied and what was your first reaction Dana?

'Must... Show... FG4PG...' ?  

Metalic_Noodles

Dana Pixie Stix

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:29 pm
No I haven't a clue, I think I mentioned it in the bar once, that's about it. D:  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff