View Results

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 8:20 pm
Yes, I do believe in karma. I've found it generally makes itself known, even in odd ways.

Take for example my losing my car keys at Anime Boston. Who knows just how many hours went by before I discovered they were missing. I swear my heart skipped a few beats. Now, I've never lost my keys before...I'm really careful about where I put my keys, license, and money when I attend evens like this. I had no idea where they fell out, or when, and I have a semi-expensive coach key chain/photo case (it was a gift). I figured someone would find the keys and toss them and steal the key chain. I went and reported the missing keys to the lost and found/security people at the Hynes Convention Center...the woman there looked much less than concerned. I was near tears (my typical reaction to massive stress until I find a solution) and decided to try my luck with the lost and found for the convention. I had no reason to expect any better luck, but when I went in and described my keys. They were all super nice and it turned out someone returned my keys and key chain. Even better, as a result of the time I spent trying to resolve the key situation, when I went back to the Artists' Alley to pick up a commission I'd ordered, I found three other artists' booths that I'd been eying suddenly free and I was able to get commissions from each of them.

Why do I feel this is karma? I'm always returning lost items when I find them, mostly because I know if it was my possession that was lost I would hope it would be returned to me. Also, earlier in the day I was lamenting that the Artists' Alley was so jam packed that I couldn't get near the booths I wanted to get commissions from. I had thought I wouldn't be able to get more than one piece of custom art. Maybe it doesn't seem important to the rest of you, but it was to me.

Hey, I've had bad karma before...well, once I can recall and it was mild (it took the form of some "bad luck", a thing I generally am not prone to). But it was shortly after I did something out of character for me, something a little negative (not horrible, but not noble either) and that was about half a year ago.

I suppose karma/luck/fate only "exists" if you believe in it and are willing to recognize it for what it is, a lesson.  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:48 pm
I somewhat believe in Karma.... I mean an evil person for example who killed fifteen people shouldn't be let off that easy...... SOMETHING would have to happen to him to repay the debts of his actions. Just my opinion though ^^  

Nikoru Tairuro

brooklynstyle

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:20 pm
Yes i do believe in karma and it playes a big roll in my life.  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:40 pm
I don't think so.  

Papier Doll

4,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Full closet 200
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash