PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:37 am
Reeeee-served.  

TormentedAngie

TormentedAngie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:41 am
Reeeee-served.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:42 am
A Brush With Fate
Who knew she could be so close to her father and not know?

Draculas Babe
Cyrus pokes around after Taima and himself had visited the lake. He wasn't pooped after all he wasn't that old even if Taima had said. After all he had watched Taima grow up aswell as Lakota. And even Zephi. He sighed in his own discomfert. Now he really felt like an old fart. (lol) He walked around boredly and gloomily.

Vashtya
Lakota trotted about cheerfully, having abandoned Vash to his own devices (more like Vash had disappeared to do some hunting, and the stallion was now bored half out of his mind XD). He hadn't seen Tabitha in..quite some time, and the craving for the companionship of other soquilis had him raising his head to sniff at the air curiously.

Draculas Babe
Cyrus paused gloomily, his ears flicked backward. He turned and seen Lakota trotting around. He nickered to Lakota. He wandered over to him quite gloomily. He looked at Lakota and fake smiled. "Hey."

TormentedAngie
Miakoda glanced over her shoulder, trotting with her tail held high, away from Kanawea's teepee. Finally she was away from that overbearing woman, and on her own. Ever since she'd emerged from the basket, all Kana had done was dote over Mia, making sure she was okay. Now that the filly was sturdy and able on her own legs, she wanted nothing more than to get away and see the world, without having a ball and chain holding her back. Kicking up her heels, the filly lowered her head and barreled forward, a shrill whinny piercing the air around her, announcing her arrival. The troublemaker had appeared...

Leonis
He looks up seeing a far younger horse he would make his way over scooping up the honey crystals and the apple and walking towards the young foal the apple and honey crystal rather obviously displayed.

Harperking
Anpo sat in her favorite spot on the hillside, watching the skies and listening to the sounds of the wind and the village. As she let her thoughts wander, she heard the high pitched whinny of a young soquili. Her breath caught at the sound - someone was certainly happy to greet the day! The young Sioux warrior smiled at the thought f so much joy.

Vashtya
Lakota whickered in return, tossing his head. It had been ages since he'd last seen Cyrus--and the elder stallion was looking hale, hearty, and...rather under the weather. "Are you okay?" he whinnied, tilting his head slightly to the side.

Even as the words left his mouth, a rather...youthful trumpeting filled the air. What the...? his ears pricked towards the sound, and he stomped once, as if trying to decide what to do next.

Draculas Babe
"I'm old." he said rather half heartidly. He let himself fall to the ground. Cyrus had never acted this way before not even in front of Lily. It wasn't Taima's fault he just made himself realize that he was older than most. He ignored what Lakota had been listening to.

TormentedAngie
Mia kicked up her heels once more as she raced across the plains. Another high pitched squeal slipped past her muzzle, she didn't care if Kana could hear her or not, she was FREE! For now at least. The young filly darted first one direction, then another, before something caught her eye. Stopping abruptly, the youngster snorted heavily, sidestepping away from the human, keeping a good distance between herself and this stranger. She just got away from Kanawea, she sure as heck wasn't going to wander up to another of those two-leggers. Snorting once more, the filly darted off again, away from the apple bearer.

Trumpeting her freedom to the skies, Miakoda reared up on her hind legs, pawing at the air with her flinty little hoooves, daring the clouds to race her, before wheeling around and darting off in yet another direction.

Vashtya
Lakota turned back to Cyrus, his nose wrinkling with concern. After gazing down at the other stallion for a second, he snorted. "That's just plain ridiculous. Yes, you're older than the rest of us, but you're far from being ready to be put out to pasture..." he stomped again, tail swishing in annoyance. He didn't know what had brought on Cyrus' depression, but it concerned him.

All the while, as he continued to focus most of his attention on his friend, his ears flicked back and forth, and he could have sworn there was something...vaguely familiar about that whinny...

Harperking
Anpo laughed as she watched the young one race through the village. This one was going to live life to the fullest, she could see that already! Reaching into her belt pouch she pulled out a small piece of wood and a sharp stone carving tool. Humming to herself, she began working on a image of the soquili from her Vision.

Draculas Babe
"Whats wrong," he quit paying attention to himself and back to Lakota. "Is something wrong?" He looked around, the land was bear except for a couple trees. He looked at Lakota strangly. He flicked his mane back and forth in boredom and curiousity.

TormentedAngie
Keeping herself well away from the two-legger, Mia pulled up short, perking her ears up, listening to the world around her. It wasn't but a moment once more before the young filly shot off like a bullet, streaking away from the two-legger, away from the village, and closer to freedom. It was certain she wouldn't go far from the village, she did indeed care for Kana in the fact that the young woman gave her treats to eat, but right now the chance to kick up her heels and enjoy herself was more overwhelming. And she sure wasn't gonna let another two-legger ruin that for her.

Her piston-like legs carried her forward, closer to Lakota and Cyrus.

Vashtya

Lakota shook his head. "Nothing...wrong. But don't you hear it? There's...a young one, I think...nearby. Would you like to go with me to introduce ourselves?" he whickered mischieviously, eyes twinkling.

His eyes widened slightly as a pale flash of horseflesh darted into his range of sight. "I want whatever she's had." he only half-joked--gone were those days for him, also...

Leonis
He sighs and then pockets the apple muttering softly and muttering ill will and attempting to place a light curse upon the horse and its owner.. nothing terribly serious... but bad enough to be an annoyance for awhile. He turned his head to the sky and began to gaze for a bird or two to call down.

Draculas Babe
Cyrus nodded slightly and got up with ease. He shook a few random leaves which had started piling on him when he had been sulking. He flicked his tail once and looked at Lakota ready to go. He tilted his head at the small foal.

TormentedAngie
Mia, feeling sufficently distanced from the two-legger, halted in a cloud of dust, before sinking to her knees and rolling over on her back. Wiggling bag and forth, all four legs flying in the air, the filly rolled around in the dirt, pausing only to whinny shrilly once more. After a moment more of rolling, the youngster rolled back to her feet and lurched upwards, lowering her head to shake the dust off. It was indeed a good day to be out!

Vashtya
Lakota chuckled. Something really familiar about this one... shaking his head, he butted happily at Cyrus before trotting in the foal's direction. "I wonder where her dam and sire are...or her human bonded..." he murmured, his voice almost inaudible.

Draculas Babe
"She acts like you, Lakota. I mean...when you were a foal that is. Spunky and cocky. But weary at first if I remember, correctly." he smiled at Lakota. "I haven't caught up with you lately have I?"

Talencia
((ROFL, would you guys PLEASE quit posting faster than I can read??!! ::laughs:: Okay, I'm caught up now!))

Delphia galloped across the meadow at full tilt, ears pinned, tail streaming behind her. Directly above her was what looked like a shadow, winging it's way in a straight path. The nearer they drew to the small gathering of Soquili, the more it became apparent that it was a hawk flying so low that his claws could touch her eartips, and that the two creatures were racing for the sheer joy of it.

When Delphia drew near to the others, she slammed on the brakes, doing a controlled slide-stop, nearly sitting on her haunches. The hawk dove, swooped under her head level, then back over above her and hovered, cackling in glee. When the dust had settled, Delphia was again looking a bit shy. She was glad Cyrus was there, but she hadn't met the other two, and now perhaps she had made a fool of herself.

Jaden, meanwhile, flapped lazily above the mare and clearly eyed the Soquili as he continued to cackle. Delphia moved at a fair pace when riled up and enthused!

TormentedAngie
Mia shook her tawny coat out once more, before raising her head to FINALLY take in her surroundings. Her neck craned around as she heard the gallop of heavier hooves, and the young one hopped to the side, squealing in surprise as she was passed up. Taking a stance to get ready to run if needbe, the young filly extended her neck in the direction the galloping soquili ran, only now noticing the other two as well. Blinking in surprise, Mia snorted and stomped, holding her ground to where she was, though she was highly curious, and tempted to wander right up to the others. What would it hurt to do so? It wasn't like it was that silly two-legger or anything.

With a defiant toss of her downy mane, the filly pranced closer, slowly, but surely, to the other soquili gathered. Closer, though unknowingly, to her father.

Talencia
Delphia quailed a bit as Cyrus had to go, and glanced up uncertainly at the hawk.

Jaden landed gracefully amongst the Soquili and peered up at them impudently. "Hey there!" His beak parted in a wide fowl grin as he wondered if these horses were as friendly as Delphia and Kaga had been.

TormentedAngie

TormentedAngie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:42 am
Reeeee-served.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:19 am

((An Rp Between Mia and Cullen <3))

It's quiet evening, just turning to dusk. A muscular, somewhat stocky little stallion is lolling next to the beach, idly prodding a hoof in the water as the waves gently knock against the sand. He's an odd mixture of blacks and gray-browns and whites, a patchwork creature. It's awfully cold. He lifts the hoof, and watches as liquid trickles off it. Huh. He yawns, shaking all over. Perhaps he ought to find a place to sleep for the night; sitting next to a source of water might not be the smartest place to be. But he's not feeling too motivated to move at the moment: he's feeling too peaceful.

Shuffling across the sand, the crafty little mare was rather enjoying her freedom. Kanawea, her human, tended to let her go off on her own whenever she wanted, just as long as she came back to point out she ws still alive now and then. Her current wanderings brought her to the beach, a place she'd only heard, but never seen before. Her amber brown eyes took in the sights around her; the moon, her namesake, rising off in the distance, as it's cousin, the sun, heads off to bed down. Mia snorted softly to herself, amazed at the beauty all around her. It's not that she'd ever stopped much before to actually look at it all, she was far too busy go-go-going.

Her reverie is paused however, as she heard another creature somewhere nearby. Curiosity as to who it was perked her interest, and she slowly began to walk towards where she thought she'd heard the sound.

Hooves are difficult to muffle properly, but it can be done: nevertheless, the night is tranquil enough that Cullen's left ear twitches backwards, almost of it's own accord. Like radar, it focuses in on the noise. The stallion's brain, however, seems to come to the realization of a visitor slowly, and it isn't until the other ear naggingly leaves it's post in an attempt to turn towards the incoming creature that he finally turns his head, blinking once or twice.

"Could be a predator," He says aloud, perhaps for as much his benefit as to the lurker's. "But I'm thinking, with that step, it's a horse of some sort. Wolves ain't so noisy, and cats are dead silent, and two-leggers are far noisier. Hullo there, whoever you are."

Mia's own ears had been perked up towards the direction she was going, in hopes that she could distinguish who it was she was attempting to walk up on. The voice she encountered though, seemed friendly enough, though her muscles stayed cocked and locked, ready to bolt if needbe. It wasn't till her eyes registered the creature before her that she relaxed and trotted over. "Hmm. Well, no two-legger am I, and never hope to be, thank you. And my name is Miakoda, Mia for short. Never seen you before, are you new here?" Mia wasn't known for her patience in small talk, nor her distinct politeness, but she did mean well. Visibly glancing over the soquili in front of her, she sized him up, almost as if gauging whether he was the playful sort or not, even if that wasn't something one could tell simply by looks alone.

"I don't know," says the patchwork stallion, after a moment's reflection. "It might be interesting to try it sometime. Bit slow, they are, but clever hooves. Evening, ma'am."

"My name's Cullen," He says, flashing her a quick white-toothed grin. "My parents thought it was appropriate. And no...if I'm barging into herd territory and all, I apologize. Didn't know, what? I just got into the area day before yesterday. Bit lost, but as I didn't have any destination in mind, I suppose I'm not, really." He acts quite harmless, even if he does seem to be a bit of a doofus. He doesn't appear as alert as she is; he's lazily relaxed, one hind hoof resting on the ground, the other carrying much of his back weight. "You live here then, I presume?"

A sheepish grin appeared on her face as he spoke. It wasn't as if she knew many other soquili in the area, and she certainly wasn't one to know whether someone was new or not, since almost EVERYONE she met was a new being to her. So asking him that question had been a rather moot point. "Nice name." Glancing around her, the young mare shook her head, tossing her mane from one side to the other. "No, no actual herds that I know of here, so you're quite safe from having barged in." Wrinkling her nose, the stripey-spotted mare pawed at the ground for a moment. "Yeah, I guess you could say I live here. Got my own two-legger over there a ways." She nudged her nose in the direction of the tribal encampment. "Can't say as she's worth much, but she's useful when she wants to be I suppose. How about you? You got yourself a two-legger to do do what you want them to?" Now here was a thought. Mia actually thought Kanawea was her pet? Poor Mia was delightfully oblivious wasn't she.

He looks pleased at the compliment. "Thank you, Mia. You got a two-legger?" The concept is a bit mind-boggling. Isn't is supposed to work the other way around? Then again, Cullen hasn't seen much of the world, and perhaps things are different in this corner of it.

"Nope, I don't. Where I come from, they're supposed to be bad things, supposedly. I mean, I've never actually seen one," He hastens to explain. "It'd be interesting to, what? They're odd creatures, I've heard. Not normal. My dad was a cavalry scout with them, up until he got away...I've just heard mostly stories from him." It would explain his odd coloring, at any rate...and possibly his stockier build.

Well now, his speech seemed to hold her attention quite well. Her ears perked up further, if that could be possible as she listened. "Not sure about most two-leggers, but mine seems to be sensible enough. She feeds herself, keeps busy, and stays out of my way for the most part. She hardly ever bugs me for anything, it's great." Raising her head proudly, the little mare was rather pleased with herself. "She's quite loyal too. Hasn't strayed away and gotten lost or killed by wolves or bears. Quite the hardly little beast, she is." Now who owned who in this relationship? It was hard to tell.

Ignorance, innocent at that, brought the next question forth with little hesitation or humility. "What's a cavl'ry scout?" The word was funny on her tongue, but she did enjoy learning new stuff. By now it was probably obvious she was rather spacey, and naive as well, but she wasn't really that old either.

"It's good it knows how to feed itself," The stallion remarks. "It'd probably be worse than twin foals if it couldn't." From what he's heard, they seem pretty useless. But he cannot fathom how they look. Going about on two legs, like a bird, except moving much smoother...not the short, jerky movements of an avian, but neither the gracefulness of the true hunter. "I've heard they aren't even really animals. Are they really as small as they say, and do they really make their own claws and teeth and hides?" It's a subject that's fascinated him since he was a foal, but he's never quite half-believed his father. Now someone else is offering proof, as it were, of their existance.

At the question, however, the male shakes out his short mane. "We-ell," He begins, looking unsure, "I don't entirely know, understand. Da wasn't very good at explaining things, and he was always a bit on the exaggerating side, he loved making up good stories. But basically these two-leggers would get on him and make him run arund, and they'd go out to do important things." He'd never understood this part, not clearly. "Look for other two-leggers, or go on long journeys. Except I don't know why they'd want to go on long journeys, there never seemed a point, they just did. Da said it was important, though."

Mia wasn't sure how to answer on that one... She knew Kana took the hides of animals she killed for food and used them to line her home with, as well as for clothing, but the claws and teeth part she was unsure of. But, not wanting to sound like she didn't know anything, the mare nodded her head. "Yeah they do strange stuff like that. And some of them are small, probably foals themselves, but some are a decent size. Mine stands about as tall as my shoulder, maybe a little taller, I'd wager. She's not the tallest, by far, but that's fine by me."

Stepping closer, Mia couldn't help but stare at the splotchy stallion. "Two leggers made him run around? Mine doesn't make me do anything. I wouldn't let her even if she did. I mean, she's MY two legger, I'm not hers." Oh how little did she know... "That must have been terrible. Long journeys couldn't be so bad though, at least he got to see a lot of new stuff, right?" Mia was more than just curious about this. There were nights when, after she closed her eyes, she raced along the sky, following the horses that rested with the stars. Lands far away, toyed with her, tempting her with their mystery. She always wondered what it was like, away from here. To hear of another soquili that was able to make long journeys to such places was more fuel to the fire that burned within her.

TormentedAngie

Mila Farrell

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:21 pm
The camo stallion just shakes his head. "Strange beasts," he mutters. Kind of unnatural.

"Yeah, they made him run around...they went on his back, and everything." He's curious, though, to hear that she owned a human. "Er, do you make her do anything for you?" He supposes they could maybe gather food during the winter...that might be useful. But other than that, he cannot see how they'd be a help.

But he nods, cheerful at this last. "Oh, yes...he actually loved it. He saw parts of the countryside that none of his soquili companions had ever seen, and he had so many adventures and stories to tell. Of course, you couldn't really entirely believe some of them. Da was known to...er...exaggerate a bit."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:41 pm
With a defiant toss of her head, her mane shifting from one side to the other, Mia nodded. "Yup, she's actually rather useful, handy to have around despite the fact that she has to walk on two legs. When I was quite a bit smaller, I got tangled up in a briar patch. Stung horribly, and I ended up limping all the way back to he, but she mixed up some plants and herbs, and used them to help take the sting away. There was another time that I stumbled in a praire dog hole and horribly prained my foot. She wrapped it up and kept me from walking or running on it and I'm good as new." Pausing for a moment, Mia pondered something. "She also has a habit of making this soft little noise...like a bird's song, but not entirely. Kind of soothing, helps when I can't sleep." As much as Miakoda hated to admit it, she'd become kind of fond of Kanawea. Perhaps the little filly was growing into herself after all.

"I'd love to see the countryside, but I'm not sure if I should. What would my two-legger do without me? I'd feel wrong in abandoning her.." Stepping a bit closer to Cullen, Mia's eyes lit up at the prospect of stories and adventures. "You wouldn't happen to...remember some of those stories would'ja?"

TormentedAngie

TormentedAngie

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 7:37 am
May 14th, 2006

User ImageMiakoda snorted softly as her two-legger, Kana, shuffled slowly along the trail. While the two legger had more important intentions on her mind, the soquili was fired up and rarin' to go. Spring was in the air, which was crisp with new life that sprouted up all around them. While it seemed that the two were just out for a casual stroll, the truth was that they were on a mission.

Today was the day that Kana had finished a gift for Mia's mother, and her human companion. Kana herself had never felt she'd given enough thanks for recieving Mia as a basket so long ago, and had set about trying to rectify that. First off, she wanted to honor Tabitha, Mia's mother, and had gotten to work on dying and working on a blanket for the lovely soquili femme. Dark blue looked rather flattering on Mia herself, so the indian maiden had dyed the blanket a deep night blue. With almost a silver color, she'd painted on some native symbols for decoration, and attached some leather trim dyed with a similar silvery-blue color. Once finished, Kana had set it upon her soquili friend, explaining in her own tongue the meanings of each of the symbols.

The blanket was done, a note had been written and now they were delivering the gift, knowing that Tabitha and her two-legger weren't around. Mia strode proudly around Tabitha's teepee with the blanket upon her own back, seeming to understand the significance of the gift and feeling just as proud about it as Kana did of her handiwork. Once they'd made sure they were alone, Kana gently slipped the blanket off of Miakoda, and folded it neatly, placing it just inside the teepee's flap. Atop of the blanket she placed the note, before turning around and standing up again. "Our work is done little one. Let us get back and start on the gift to your father..." And with that, the two headed back home, vanishing as quickly as they'd come.

However, when Tab and her two-legger appeared, the note atop of the blanket would explain to them to symbols, and the meanings to each, and how they pertained to Tabitha herself.

In the middle of the blanket was the symbol of the butterfly, signifying Everlasting Life. The arrowheads at the bottom of the blanket stood for the alertness all soquili had within themselves, and the bar between the arrowheads was the 'sky band', which meant "leading to happiness". It was certain that Tabitha and Lakota had lead Kana to happiness by gifting her with their daughter, Mia. On either side of the blanket, a lightning bolt shot by. The lightning bolts signified the swiftness, a quality the soquili all shared, but especially that Tabitha and Lakota passed on to their daughter, Mia. It only seemed right that the lightning bolts were there, considering how much Miakoda loved to run, and how fast she could go when she put her mind to it.

User Image

Happy Mother's Day Tabitha!

((Fin))  
Teepees

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out