[IC] Wi Ile Anpo's Teepee Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Harperking

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:41 pm
User Image

The first meeting of Ayita and Kala, and of Palla as well! (p1034 main thread)
Harperking
Anpo sat at the entrance to her lodge, the decorated basket at her side. She was still in a little bit of a shock at the gift she had recieved, but daylight had proven to her that it was not a dream. She had decided to name the foal Wambli Zikala, for the dancing horse from her Vision that had brought her here. She could...feel?... murmurings from the basket, as if the being inside approved of the name.
"Well, little Kala," she said to the basket, "I need to get some breakfast cooking. It's a little early for you to be needing food, but I will sit here with you while I eat mine!"
A few minutes later she was again sitting by her new friend, this time with a piece of cold meat from the evening meal wrapped in some flatbread. Munching away, she watched as the village began to come to life.

Foalen
Foalen walked down the path to the village pausing to greet the spirits of the plants and trees on his way as Ayita trotted behind him her ears swivling back and forth to take in the sounds of the waking village.
Seeing Anpo she neighed bobbing her head at the man hearted woman and darted past the apprentice shaman to sniff at the basket at the warrior woman's feet.

"Bright morning to you." Foalen said as he approched the others.

Tasunke
A flavorful aroma encircled Tasunke's nostrils. His tummy started to growl with hunger as he had not eaten yet. Cooking was for the women and Tasunke usually waited for his sister to make food for him ..but she was missing.

He wandered over towards the cooking food and saw a woman sitting next to a basket.

Foalen
Seeing Tasunke approch Ayita wickered to him and then turned her attention back to the basket, wich she nosed affectionatly. It was good that there would be more Soquili soon. And Anpo deserved to have one to look after her. For that's how Ayita saw it, that it was the Soquili's duity to look after their human friends not the other way around.

Harperking
Laughing, Anpo began to scritch Ayita behind the ears, a place the brightly patterned fillly always seemed to enjoy.
"Heya, bright one!" she said in greeting. "Before long you will have a new friend to wind dance with!"

Foalen
Oh Anpo knew all the good places to scratch. Ayita wickered again in pleasure her eyes bright. She didn't understand the human's words but from the cadence and tone whatever she said was a very good thing and the tall soquili nodded her head. Not enough to dislodge Anpo's hand, for she loved scratches but she did want her friend to know that he was happy.

Harperking
"Hau, Foalen!" Anpo greeted her human friend as well. "Your bright one knows me all to well, it seems" She then turned to scratch the filly in earnest, smiling at the delighted look on her equine face. With a final hard rub she stopped, and gestured down to the basket.
"Ayita, this is Kala. I do hope that you will be a good friend to her when she comes out!"

((off to a staff meeting at this point, but the following rp involved Kala))

Takakun
Moving towards Foalen, he spotted the finely woven basket at Anpo's feet. Tahatan grinned, " a new one!" he knelt and laid a hand on the basket "it seems to be a strong little one within............may good winters come to you both" he said speaking of the good karma prayer known to the hunters................

Foalen

Foalen smiled at the female warror his eyes dancing. "I believe Ayita knows a good friend when she sees one." He replied meaning both Anpo herself and the new little one she had been gifted with. "A new life is always worthy of celebrating."

Placing a hand on the basket he knelt down and whispered words of welcome to the new soquili inside.

Stratening up he reached out to scratch Ayita's other side. She sighed happily at all the attention and pressed her nose to Foalen's check in a quick caress.

Foalen
Ayita lifted her head away from the scratching as the sound of hooves approched looking up she saw a handsome stallion coming near.

wooga Paes
Pathetic.

Pallaton was the kind of stallion that always seemed happy, but currently, he was alone. Something a friendly horse like him didn't enjoy.

At all.

His head was quite low, he missed company, and so distracted that he was feeling upset with not having seen anyone in quite a while, he almost didn't notice the 'painted' female he was subconciously aproaching. But, lucky for him, he did cach a glimpse of.. Hooves? With a flicker of happyness in his eyes, he raised his head to look at the mare. "Hello! " He neighed happly.

Foalen
"Hello." Ayita replied with a polight wicker giving the nearby humans a fond glance before walking over to join this new soquili she hadn't met before. "My name is Ayita. I don't think I've seen you around before what's your name if you don't mind me asking?"

wooga Paes
"I don't think i've seen you either. " The palomino colored stallion said with a nod. "My name is Pallaton! Nice to meet you," A pause.

"Aii.. eet...ah.. How do you pronounce that? " Palla felt pathetic, but it was one of his sides-- goofy. And forgetfull. Oddly enough, just after meeting another horse, Palla usualy had trouble with pronouncing the name, wich made him feel sorta.. Bad?

Foalen
Ayita made a soft sound at the base of her throught that was very near a giggle though it held no maliciousness in it. The sound was bright and clear as where the mares dancing eyes as she smiled reasuringly over at Pallaton.

"My name is pronouced I- E- T- uh." She replied likeing this handsome fellow, he was funny and she had a feeling he would be fun to be around. "It's good to meet you too. I was just greeting the little one in the basket over there."

The mare motioned to the basket with a bob of her head before looking back at the tall palameno. (sp)

wooga Paes
Pallaton listened and tried to say it himself and make it work. "I-E-tuh " But despite his attempt, it came out a 'little' rong, but not too noticable... or so he hoped.

Yet, the next she said confused him-- basket? He didn't remember being in a basket once, though that shuldn't be too much of a shock considering who it was standing there, Pallaton. As culd be noticed, he was sorta forgetfull.

"I wonder how it is in there.. " He managed, moving a little to the basket in an attempt to sniff it, but he didn't really get much of a scent. "Whats the little one's name? " The palomino said, lifting his head again to look at Ayita.

Foalen
Ayita's only response to the mispronouciation of her name was a slight widening of her smile. "The little one's name is Wambli Zikala or that is what Anpo the little one's charge has told me. As to the basket, all little soquili are placed in baskets when we are born, they protect and shelter us while we grow strong."

The painted mare explained paitently not minding Palla's forgetfulness. "It is a time of resting and growing. Though I much prefur being out in the wider world. You cannot run in a basket."

wooga Paes
"Wam.. Wamb... " Well, maybe it was easier to ust give a nickname? "Hello Zikala. " Palla beamed towards the basket, then looked at Ayita.

"Not being able to run is scary, imagine if something like a.. a.. a puma shoed up! " He groaned, though in a purpouse over-drama. "Running is fun too. " The palomino beamed.

Foalen
"I agree is it a long name, though a pretty one. I have a feeling we won't be using the little one's full name most of the time." Ayita smiled down at the basket for a moment before looking back up at Palla.

"We don't often have to run for danger as there aren't many preditors that come near the village. I think they are afraid of the two foots and their hunters. But running is a pleasure unto itself as you say. We'll have to go out running some time. I can show you some of the open rolling hills on the other side of the forest. There's a lot of space there to run and you don't have to worry about running into trees and brush like you do in the forest. Though obsiticals can be fun too."

wooga Paes
Run place? Well that was something Pallaton wuld like! e started to trot to and fro exitedly. "Really? Wh-- " Dead track stop, he had almost steped on something! He lowered his front left hoof to where it had been before, lowering his head to see-- a dandelion. And in his foolish attempt to sniff it, he got one of the puffy seeds into his nose.

AHHCHOO! Was what a human wuld do, but he was a horse, so it rather came out as a somewhat snort mixed with a neigh, and making all the little seeds spread around. "Puffy sneezy thingy! " He groaned, jumping oveer it to try and avoid all of the puffy seeds. "Palla hasn't seen any of those before. "

Probably because he haden't decided to leave his old area before, the place he used to stay at didn't have dandelions.

Foalen
Ayita tilted her head curiously as she watched Palla. "Those are a kind of plant. The leaves are edible, though I'm not all that fond of the taste. I think they're kind of pretty actually. It's fun to watch the wind catching the seeds and blowing them away filling the air with clouds of them. Though you may want to keep your nose away from them. They aren't very much fun to breath."

wooga Paes
"I noticed that. " Palla sniffed, twiching his nose to try and get the seed out, succeeding soon enough.

"I wanna run. " Blunt, but true, the palomino stallion liked to dashg around, especially when he had company when he did.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:57 pm
User Image

(p1058 main thread)
Harperking
Anpo saw Tahatan sitting with his basket, and waved to the young hunter.
"Ohan, Tahatan!" she called "Off to hunt today?"

Takakun
Hearing a voice out of the thickets, Tahatan was startled out of his reverie. He was so intent on figuring out his problem, he did not hear the lone huntress approaching.
Giving a brief smile in acknowledgment, he gestured half heartedly to the basket and said "hunt is slow..........................." He propped his face back on his hands and gave an audible sigh..........

((poor tahatan misses the wild days xp ))

Harperking
Looking over to make sure her own beloved Kala was still safly in front of the tipi, ANpo walked over to the young man.
"Guardianship can be a hard road, my friend. If you like I can watch your basket along with Kala. I have no plans for leaving the village until my windsib awakens!"

Takakun
The hunter nodded, gazing wistfully in front of him. He remembered the times before where he could simply run into the forest, free to do as he pleased, and roamed as far and wide as his strength allows. But as he stroked the basket he also thinks of the times now, spent infront of the fire and laughing with Ahiga, watching everyday to see if the foal emerges. He stood up, bright smiles at Anpo, " you have a beautiful basket, I too cannot bear to leave our little one behind........" then he had a thought, "perhaps...............we can bring our baskets along and set a small trap for wildlife........it would not be the free hunt im used to, but traps would work for food just as well........"

Harperking
The Sioux warrior thought over his words. She did enjoy the forest, but was reluctant to carry the awkward basket around needlessly.
"Thank you for the offer," she said,"But I think I would prefer to stay here for a while yet. I have a project I am working on that I had hoped to finish while the daylight is strong."
She hoped he would understand, and she had in fact told the truth, as she was working on beading a surprise for a village friend.

Takakun

His curiousity got the better of him, all thoughts of food went poof and his eyes widen slightly, their blue orbs like the clear sky. "what sort of project?" he asked softly........

Harperking
Anpo looked around to make sure that no one was near enough to hear.
"Well, it's a surprise, so I can't tell you who yet. I traded for some beads on my journey here and am working on a belt pouch for someone, and if I have enough beads I plan on making a few more gifts as well!"

Takakun

Tahatan leaned in to hear the whispers of the sioux woman.
beads.....? he has seen some of the village women sewing beads onto feathers and clothing for marriage adornments and festivals.........but he as a hunter had no use for beads for they make noise...........He blinked....and turned slightly red..."umm....would.........would you show me how you make them?"
he stared down at his basket as he said it...................

Harperking
"I would be happy to show you. It just takes patience - and lots of it!" she smiled warmly. "It was one of the few things my Ina taught me that I enjoyed. WHy don't you come by later on and I will show you what I am working on"

Takakun

He nodded eagerly, wondering if it'll be fun in the evening...
"I would be honoured warrior Anpo.....and i'm sure our little one will enjoy the comfort of another basket by the fire."
Tahatan glanced at the sky, seeing the sun pass over him, "now it is best i attempt to catch our dinner. a rabbit or two in the evening, i'll bring to your teepee....." Shrugging his bow closer, he picks up the basket, and cheerily set off, a smile on his face. As he disappears into the thick leaves, small crashes could be heard as he manouevres his load around...

(p1067 main thread)
Harperking

Anpo looks up from her beadwork, and tried to hold back a laugh at the soggy shaman.

Foalen
An answering smile greeted the woman warrior as Foalen chuckled softly. "It seems that Ayita felt I was in need of a washing." He explianed giving the mare's neck a scratch.

Ayita leaned into the shaman's fingers all but purring.

Carefully putting her handiwork to one side, she stood and also began to scratch the happy soquili.
"If Kala has have as much fun with life as Ayita has, then I will be blessed indeed!" she said.

Foalen
"I have a feeling that once Kala arrives it will be hard for you to think life without her. I know it is that way for me with Ayita." Foalen gazed into the bright brown eyes for a moment speaking as if from a distance. "She is light and joy distilled and as overly serious as I can be sometimes her personality blends well with mine." Coming back to himself he turned to see the handiwork Anpo had been working on before they arrived. "That's lovely. I didn't know you were so tallented be cautious or you might be enlisted to work for Tasunke."

Harperking
"Waht? Oh, this" she shrugged a little and pushed it under a leather scrap. "It's just an excuse to sit here in the sunshine with these baskets." She didn't realize it was still visible, and hoped the young shaman hadn't gotten too good a look at the design.

Foalen
Nodding Foalen weaved his fingers through Ayita's mane unthinkingly, "And it's not going to be warm enough to sit outside for very much longer. So I don't blame you for trying to get what time you can out here. It's beautiful today. Though I would suggest against taking a dip in the river unless you happen to have some spare clothing handy."

Laughing again he tugged on his still drying buckskin shirt.

Harperking
Anpo laughed along with him. "Yes, it is a little chill at the river today. I have a spare blanket if you need it to dry with."

Foalen
"Thank you, that would be very kind of you. I had a blaket I was wearing but it got when Ayita tried to give me a ride. Since I had just washed my clothes neather are really dry at the moment. At least the sun is out today. It would be a lot colder without the sun."

Grinning he leaned against Ayita's shoulder," I think the knowlage that she wanted to give me a ride is what has kept me from freezing so far. It didn't really work out the way she intened, but the attempt warms me none the less."

Harperking
((just a little rpness for Anpo & Kala))

The warm sun felt good, Anpo decided, as she again sat outside her tipi with the basket that she had grown so protective of.
"Hau, sleeping one, are you enjoying the sunshine?" While at first she had felt a little silly talking to a basket, it had soon become second nature for the warrior to talk to Kala. She kept up a running commentary throughout the day, relating what she saw. "I hope you like bright colors, windsib. I think I will have enough beads left over from this pouch to perhaps make you something pretty to wear. Maybe we will find a gift from Brother Hawk to weave into your mane, too. I bet you would like that, little bird."
Was it her imagination, or did she hear rustlings from inside the basket, as if the little one were responding to her words?
"Awake, are you, Kala? Let me tell you a story of my people then to entertain you," In a low voice the Sioux maid began to relate the tale of Crow stealing the Moon, anf then other tales that she remembered her Ina telling her when she was just a child herself.

hanging gallow

Lilly stood on the other side of Anpo's tipi listening to her story. Lilly enjoyed stories a great deal, even if she was too old to believe in them. She continued to listen as she poked her head around other side of the tipi to see the storyteller.

Harperking
"Oh!" Anpo had been so involved with telling her stories to the basket that she didn't realize Lily was there until she popped around the tipi.
"Hau," she said in greeting. "I hope we didn't disturb you. I was just entertaining the little one here."

hanging gallow
"Oh! no no, not at all I was amused by the stories," Lilly said smiling as she sat down next to Anpo and the basket.
"I'm sure your soquili is enjoying the stories, who did you learn them from, they are wonderful," Lilly said cheerfull as she smiled a large grin on her face.

Harperking
Anpo blushed a little under the girl's gaze.
"My Ina taught them to me as a child, and I thought maybe Wambli would like them as well. I am not sure how aware she is of me, but I hope she likes them. I have been telling her all my favorites."

((rp ended due to work interuptions))  

Harperking

Harperking

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:03 pm
User Image

The Story of a Gift (in private PM)
Harperking
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Anpo smiled in relief. "Look windsib!" she said to the basket sitting beside her in the sun. "I finally finished the gift I have been working on!" The Sioux woman held up the beaded leather pouch as if to show it to the foal in the basket. She laughed at the motion, and thought perhaps she heard a soft whicker in reply to her laugh. While it was no where near as intricate as the work her Ina would have done, she was still proud of her work. Standing with a stretch, she began looking around for the apprentice shaman who had first befriended her here. It was for Foalen that she had made the gift, after seeing the worn pouch he had been using when they were on the forest adventure together.

Foalen
Foalen walked slowly through the forest towards the Kewani village knowing Ayita had gone on ahead of him once more. Smiling softly at the mares playful nature his thoughts drifted as his feet carried him over the well remembered path.

The apprentice shaman was quite startled when he happned to look up and see Anpo in the distance. Giving her a wave he sped up jogging over to the young warrior woman. "Hau, you haven't seen Ayita come by this way by any chance have you? She left the teepee before I was finished getting it cleaned up. So now we play the aincent game of hide and hunt." Foalen laughed a warm baratone sound that rang in the open air.

Harperking
"No, I haven't. She is probably racing the birds in the north field. A day like this is good for running I would think!" The sioux was suddenly a little nervous about her gift, but decided to gather up her courage and present it anyway.

"Shaman Foalen, I have a gift for you. When we were on the journey to the spirit's forest, I saw how worn your herb pouch was. I made this, patterned as a sunrise, for you to use if you wish."

She handed the beaded leather pouch over to him.

Foalen
Foalen nodded agreably, Ayita loved to run wich is why she would often get ahead of him. He could sense a sudden tenion coming from the warrior woman and he watched her silently giving her time to find the words she searched for.

He was about to remind Anpo that he was not yet a full shaman when she held out a hand made pouch that was beautifuly decorated with tiny beads that caught and reflected the light.

"If I wish?" He repeated increduliously completely loosing his train of thought. How could I not wish to carry such a beautiful thing and it's more beautiful for the knowlage that you made it for me. Thank you Anpo, I shall treasure it. And my old pouch certianly has seen better days."

The apprentice shaman made a face as he held up the old pouch next to the new. It looked more like shabby rags than a proper pouch and was truely sad when seen next the the lovely creation Anpo had worked so hard on.

Harperking

The older bag did look a little shabby, but at the same time it had the quiet dignity of something that has served a long life and purpose.
"I am glad you like it. My Ina was always surprised that beading was the one skill I took to that she tried to teach me. 'Anpo,' she would say. 'How can one who never stops moving manage to quill and bead so well! It must be the god's way of marking you my daughter still!'" Anpo laughed at he memory. "I have some few beads left, and some leather. I may make a belt or perhaps another pouch if I can think of someone who would need them!"

Foalen
Foalen smiled at the sharing of Anpo's childhood memory. Somehow he could picture her Ina looking down upon Anpo with a bemused affectionate smile as she said exactly that. "We learn what the great spirit wishes us to learn. It may not always seem to make sense to us at the time. But all knowlage is useful in one way or another." Foalen laughed as he gently fingered the tiny beads sewn onto the pouch. They glowed in the light of the sun dispite the chill in the air. " I have a rather odd assortment of skills but then shaman often do. So I suppose it really isn't as strange as it might seem."

Shrugging he smiled up at Anpo. "I would just make whatever you feel like making and then wait and watch. Eventually you will know who your next gift will need to go to. That's the way the spirits often work."

Harperking

"Hau, yes it is!" the Sioux woman laughed out loud with her friend. "And now, my friend, I believe that your windsib has decided that it is time for us to pay attention to her and not to some silly bit of leather and beads!" Anpo gestured at the playful Ayita, who had taken the chance to grab up several scraps of leather and was now dancing away with them, quite proud of herself at discovering a new game to play!"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:37 pm
Princess Soquili carefully set a handmade doll fashioned from a gourd by Anpo's teepee.
User Image
(doll by Robert Riveria)

Soquili

Harperking

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:58 pm
User Image

Wi Ile Anpo sat facing the rising sun. Her eyes were closed as she communed with the Spirits. She spoke in silence, thanking Them for the new family she had found in the Kawani village. She also asked that They continue to Guide her as she walked the Path given to her, especially with the newest addition to her world.
With a smile, she opened her eyes and looked back at her teepee. The brightly painted horses on the side seemed to glow in the sunlight and the empty basket sitting there also was bathed in the sun's rays. Wait... the EMPTY BASKET??!! Anpo quickly got to her feet and ran to the basket. Sure enough, it was empty, with only a slight lingering warmth to show that there had ever been an inhabitant. She looked around in panic. The foal, where had the foal gone? Regaining her composure, she looked to the ground to see tiny hoofprints leading around the teepee. With a sigh of relief, she began following them, talking to the foal just as she had to the basket so many times.
"Wambli Zikala, I know you are here. Come now, windsib, let us meet face to face!" she called out. "There is much to show you, little one!"

Oh! This was much better than the cramped world before had been! Looking around, the bright yellow and black filly reveled in the feeling of stretching. Once she had freed herself from her confinement, she had followed the sight of beings like herself all the way around to where she was before. Surprised to see her basket again, Kala snorted. Then she heard a familiar sound! It was The One Who Talked! Following the not-moving like hers again, she soon saw the source of the voice. Reaching out her neck, she shoved her nose against the back of the One Who Talks.
"Hello!!" she whinnied.

The shove sent Anpo to her knees, and the sound of the joyous whinny kept her there. Turning around she saw a beautiful yellow and black filly with grey markings standing there. As she reached out a trembling hand in greeting, the filly shoved her head into the caress, almost sighing as Anpo began to scratch her softly. It was only then that the Sioux saw the wings held tight against the filly's body and realized just how blessed she truely had been.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:37 pm
It had taken several days of hard work, but Foalen felt he finaly had something worth to give Anpo in return for the beautiful pouch she had made for him. His stiching was not nearly as even as hers. Even so many prayers had gone into the making of his dream catcher and he was certian it would guard her well through the night.

Making his way to her Teepee the dream catcher under his arm, Foalen called out to see if his warrior friend was around.

User Image  

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

Harperking

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:52 pm
Hearing the voice of her Shaman friend, Anpo quietly left the teepee. Wambli was already out and about, the yellow and black Soquili restless as always, eager to explore the world and the adventures she could find.
"Greetings, Foalen!" she said as she walked towards him.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:50 am
Shaking out his dark hair the shaman looked up at his friends voice and smiled. "Hau, bright morning Anpo. I hope the day starts well for you."

Looking around, noticed that Anpo's winged friend was missing. "I see that Wambli has already gone out to enjoy the morning. Ayita went out for a run this morning too. I think she just likes to watch the sun come up. Not that I really blame her, there are some benifts to rising before the dawn. Do you have a moment? There's something I'd like to give you. "  

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

Harperking

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:53 am
"I always have time for you, Wise One!" Anpo couldn't resist the soft teasing of her friend. She had never before met a shaman who was quite so reluctant to admit his knowledge and the honor that it accorded him.
"And yes, Wambli was off early. She is getting closer to flight each day. I think that by the time the spring grasses come my Sky Seeking Bird will be one with the sky at last. Can you imagine the sight that will be!"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:10 am
Foalen's smile widened at the greeting, he had come to realize that offical titles didn't make you any more or less what you already were. He lived his life as a shaman and so to those around thim that was what he was, even if he had not been formaly accounced as such. Though it had taken him a while to reach that understanding and so deserved the good natured teasing.

He looked up at Anpo, and there was laughter in his voice as he spoke," She will praise the winds with her passing, I'm certian. It is what the Great spirit made the wind children for after all."

"My Ayita too loves to fly too, if only along the ground, it is in their nature to soar. Then again, if the truth were told we all can soar if we so chose. Though most choose to stay firmly rooted on the ground." Foalen shook his head and sighed. "I almost forgot why I came here. I have something for you."

Lifting the dreamcatcher he held it out to her hoping she would like it.  

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

Harperking

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:55 am
Anpo's eyes widened at the sight of the dreamcatcher. While they were not something the Sioux warrior had been familar with before her arrival in the village, she had seen them in several of the teepees since and was aware of the significance. That Foalen had taken the time to make one especially for her was an honor that she could hardly believe.

"I..I am honored, Wicahcala" she said reverently. "It is a gift that Wambli and I will cherish!"

(Wicahcala is a Lakotah Sioux term of respect given to a man of honor)  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:49 am
Foalen slowly let out the breath he had been holding relieved at the woman warrior's responce to his gift. "I'm glad you like it. Someone who has done so much for me, Ayita, no all the village, deserves to have good dreams. And I wanted to do something nice for you in return for the pouch you made me. I had no idea how warn my pouch was until I began using the new one."  

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

Harperking

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:20 pm
Clasping his shoulder in friendship she smiled at his sigh of relief.
"How could I not like such a gift of the heart. Though you didn't need to do a thing to repay my gift to you. It was freely given, and as much a surprise to me to see that I had been abe to retain the lessons my Ina tausght me all those moons ago!"
She gestured to where they could now see the returning forms of their four footed companions.
"Now, my friend, what say we gather those two wanderers and take them down to the forest meadows. Perhaps we can even find something fresh for the supper fires tonight!"

And with that giftings were accepted, and the Spirits smiled.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:09 pm
User Image

And the Heart Takes Wings...

Afternoon once more found its way across the forest, and Wambli whickered to herself as she trotted down the pathway that lead to the meadow clearing. She had spent the morning with her Talker, entertaining Anpo with her antics as she had tried to help with the fishing the Sioux woman had been doing. Unfortunatly Anpo hadn't understood the instructions Wambli had so clearly given her, and the Sioux had been so surprised by the fish that Wambli had herded her way that she had ended up in the river instead of catching them in the net.

There it is! she said to herself, as she broke into a slow gallop and spread her black and grey wings as she left the confines of the trees. Leaping and bucking as she ran, she reveled in the freedom.

Unseen by Wambli, Wi Ile Anpo watched her from the forest. She knew it was just a matter of time before her young friend found her flight and while she wanted to be able to share in that joy it was also a day she feared. "What will happen," she thought,"when she discovers the sky and realizes that she is no longer bound to those of us on the earth?"

Harperking

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:37 pm
The snow soquili moved quietly through the clearing, still searching for the one she hadn't seen in days now. Intrepid had just upped and left her at the waterfall, which saddened the wind soquili. She thought he was special, and in her heart he still was! Even though he was void to be seen.

The cyan gaze peeked up, hearing the sounds of hoofbeats across the land. She thought it was that one bay stallion, but the slight flutter of wings told her otherwise. Scanning the area, she spotted the black and gold wind mare flying on the ground.

Teepees

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff