Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
We met up and the world didn't end. Details + pics pg 3 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ATG Takes Over the Capital Ex Midway!
  EPIC!!!
  lame.
  I live on the other side of the world, what do I care?
  Monkey bunions!
View Results

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:16 pm
I'm headed for Vancouver in July, and I'll be passing through Alberta, possibly Edmonton (or Calgary )....but 2 things.

First this trip is not all for fun and besides is going to be insane judging from the travel plans I'm hearing about.

Second my mother would have a field day at the very mention of meeting internet people. And that is an argument I won't be winning so I'll avoid the "never hearing the end of it" by not even bringing it up. stare

And Bass plenty happens in the UK ...just not ATG related... sweatdrop

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:30 pm
Not sure if my passport is still valid, but if it is I want to go. Road trip! Crossing the border, infiltrating Canada, food, music, ATGers, food, international chaos, food, and travel. Epic win!

Yes, I say unleash an unattended Thal on the Mounties at the border.

Can we say 'international incident', children?  

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:29 pm
Dunknow Thaliat, from what I hear those mounties can handle what others can't ... Then again those might just be tall tales from way back when...

At some point in the past, a large troop of US soldiers marched Native Americans (I think, I could have my details wrong) to the Canadian border. A single Mountie was there to meet them.

No idea what instance I'm talking about, just random piece of history major info.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:11 pm
Meh, mounties don't really do border patrol so much anymore. That's usually the CBSA's job. Mounties serve the same functions as the FBI, State Police, County Police, and in municipalities that do not have their own police force, local police.  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:36 pm
Aww...phooey. But, can I still have my international incident, pwease?

*makes cutest face possible*

PWEEEAAASSSEEE???

I'll make it a good one, I promise!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:46 pm
Rica is insane
User Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I would love to go but despite being close to the border I'm on the other side of the country from Edmonton itself. XD;

Even if I could I wouldn't have money or transportation anyway 8D; -failz-
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Lawllll, You've met an ATGer in real life Rica!

>_>

You met me after I got back from a metal concert! and techincally the ONE day I showed of for Science class back at Central... Though, you probably remember that day better than me, because I was kinda tanked at the time.  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Nikoru Tairuro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:22 pm
This all sounds very thrilling!! But I am an adolescent..... so I don't think my parents will let me go by myself and unattended.... I wish I could go smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:19 pm
New infos and a concrete date... Check first post.

Thaliat: International incident to your heart's content, m'dear. Yes, I just used a noun as a verb.  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:06 pm
AlcoholicPancake
Rica is insane
User Image
I would love to go but despite being close to the border I'm on the other side of the country from Edmonton itself. XD;

Even if I could I wouldn't have money or transportation anyway 8D; -failz-

Lawllll, You've met an ATGer in real life Rica!

>_>

You met me after I got back from a metal concert! and techincally the ONE day I showed of for Science class back at Central... Though, you probably remember that day better than me, because I was kinda tanked at the time.
User Image
Even if I didn't talk much. 8D That's very true Pancake. XD I had no idea what to do in that conversation so I sort of just stood there and let my friends who actually knew what to talk about handle it. -felt like such a nerd-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:36 pm
aaaahahah my grad reunion is the same weekend, now I have an airtight excuse not to attend!!!

So is ther eany interest in seeing K-os with guest Divine Brown in concert for cheap? I'm not really into hip-hop/r&b but... Maybe visiting the midway during the day, then hitting WEM in the evening for a movie or a visit to the waterpark or something is a better plan. Feedbakcs???  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

~DR.MOOFASA~

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:28 pm
... you guys picked the ONE time period where i will not be in Canada. gonk

POUR QUE?!?!? damnit. xP well fine, you guys party in edmonton and i'll party in norway. biggrin *thumbs up*  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:24 pm
...if I maybe had a desire to leave the country...

too much trouble.

I mean, maybe if we were all to head to Japan, where I can go and drive the awesome cars they have that don't exist in the US...(damn emissions laws -_-)

I wanna drive a Lancer Evolution FQ-400!!!  

Arcanas

Hunter

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:48 am
Hey new idea!!! Is anyone up for a game of Munchkin??? We might be able to convince jimsheep to let us invade his house and abuse his dining room table if his fiancee is not too sick at the time... Otherwise, there are other location options.

Available to me personally, I have Munchkin Bites (vampires and werewolves!), Star Munchkin with the expansion, and Munchkin Booty ( pirate ) as well as munchkin blender and the need for steed.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:50 pm
So new plan.

Friday (omg that's tomorrow!) V and I both have to endure dental appointments, as it turns out. So we'll do WEM that night, hit the WEM waterpark as soon as it opens in the morning in the hopes of avoiding crowds of insanity, then do Taste of Edmonton possibly for lunch, then hit the EX after... or we might to the EX then Taste of Edmonton. Whichever. Any munchkin that occurs will likely be at the hotel where V and Kerries and Kerrri's mom are staying.  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

jimsheep

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:43 pm
yeah, it was awexome. win and awexome. ninja ninja ninja  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items