Reply Community Lounge
I need help with a name... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lizzica

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:37 pm
hmm. I did this project in my highschool biology class.
look up each of those animals actual biological names and try to combine them into one. The biological names each have two names, the genus (? I hated biology...) and species. You should be able to take two or three of the animals listed to make a genus name and then the left over to make a species name.
"Dragon" is not latin. Nor is it most likely what your teacher is looking for with this project. Sometimes you have to let go of your babies for the overall creation (That's a theatre thing... but it applies to life, really)
Good luck! Hope your having fun with the project.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:53 pm
Woah, lotsa posts. I haven't really been able to check here for a couple days. Well, the reason I had dragon in my mind was cause it's structured like one....Kind of difficult to explain. I didn't even think about looking up the animal names sweatdrop rolleyes wow....I can't believe I didn't think of that. Anyways, thanks for all the suggestions. Oh yeah, what does "Salinik" mean? Is it latin? I tried looking it up but I couldn't find it...

I'll post it when I'm done, which should be soon. I just have to do the scales and the other wing...and of course the name.  

Liltweet_gal

XxDarkMalicexX

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:11 pm
Liltweet_gal
Oh yeah, what does "Salinik" mean? Is it latin? I tried looking it up but I couldn't find it...

I don't even think Salinik is Latin. I just thought it would be a good name for your creation. Sorry sweatdrop I was trying to help you out...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:42 pm
Well 'Dog' isn't the Latin name of the animal, but it's what we call it... you could go the extra mile and do a Latin name AND a 'regular' name?
Just a thought?  

lizzica

XxDarkMalicexX

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:52 pm
lizzica
Well 'Dog' isn't the Latin name of the animal, but it's what we call it... you could go the extra mile and do a Latin name AND a 'regular' name?
Just a thought?

Lizzica does have a point there. Maybe you should talk it over with your professor?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:11 am
canis is dog in latin. but i think better more cool sounding latin name would be:

Ocius Insolitus

it means fast oddity and when put on a picture it can be interpretaded as a fast odd creature. the word for animal in latin is Bestia so you could use

Ocius Bestia

I just liek the first one as it flows better. I havea latin dictionary that I used to verify all this  

palnoki

XxDarkMalicexX

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:15 am
palnoki
Ocius Bestia

I like this one a lot! It has such a good ring to it! biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:01 am
hmm true if oyu liek that then how about:

Insolitus Bestia

it describes the creature very well being a strange animal by definition  

palnoki

lizzica

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:19 am
(just clarifying-I'm not suggesting Dog/Canine as part of the name biggrin . It was just an example for what I was talking about. Didn't want any confusion to lead to a silly name)

I like Ocius Bestia. It's fun. I'd still check out the animal names to see if you can combine them. But that's my favorite suggestion thus far. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:47 am
Hm. I'm not sure of Insolitus Bestia.
I still like Ocius Bestia. I think it fits a whole lot better.
(But that's just my opinion. It's Liltweet_gal's choice, not mine. xd )

XxDarkMalicexX

Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces