I'm too damn nosy sometimes... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:59 am
User Image

You know what, if someone came into my house and we were all talking and they started making out or having sex even, I would ask them to leave, and I have. So I see nothing wrong with this. Owners property, owners say.
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:54 pm
The only problem with that example is, that as far as Sanzo has told us, they weren't doing anything equivalent to making out or having sex. I would compare it to a guest cracking their knuckles in your presence. The noise may grate on your nerves, but they didn't know it would. Would you kick them out for that?  

Slightly Blue

3,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Contributor 150

Undakai
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:27 pm
Slightly Blue
The only problem with that example is, that as far as Sanzo has told us, they weren't doing anything equivalent to making out or having sex. I would compare it to a guest cracking their knuckles in your presence. The noise may grate on your nerves, but they didn't know it would. Would you kick them out for that?
No, I don't think cracking knuckles is a good example, either. Cracking knuckles is more annoying, what the author and mod had problems with was "creepy and disturbing" behavior, a bit different...like, say, coming into someones house (note: this person doesn't know you very well), and talking about how their two sons would make a great pairing (in the sense that the characters in the story are the authors creation, so it's somewhat similar to considering them as the authors offspring). I myself would be a bit disturbed, and probably wouldn't invite you back. Sure, probably a horrible example, but I think it's a bit more along the lines of this scenario then cracking knuckles.

Furthermore, and this goes well with my example, the author could have a slight emotional connection to the characters he creates, as they could be based off of people in his life such as themselves, their spouse, their children, their friends, their family, so on and so forth, and possibly the idea of such parings could disturb the author a bit. A warning should definitely have been issued first, especially if it wasn't explicitly mentioned in the guild rules, but a temp ban isn't the worst thing in the world.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff