Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
You know you're getting older when... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yanike

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:46 am
And I can say this because it happened! rofl

I know I'm getting older because my favorite tv show growing up rung up as 'classic.'

But I'm not going to argue that Animaniacs is classic. heart  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:45 pm
aretoo
rolleyes Hell, I didn't understand teenagers when I WAS a teenager!

That being said, I think I'm mentally de-aging in some respects; I took myself AWFULLY seriously when I was a teen! ^_^

I know what you mean! The same thing is happening to me! I'm growing younger, like wtf.

I'm growing younger in all aspects exept those dealing with money. Instead of buying toys and entertainment when I get money I sometimes say "..maybe I'll go buy some clothes." I happened on my birthday! neutral and then there's work.. and I find myself saying "I freaking miss summer vacations!! Damnit!"  

Ogyshi

Yvaine

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:18 pm
I know I'm getting old because I'm watching my parents get grey and frail...and I'm out of grandparents now...and that is a creepy damn line of thought. For some reason, my sisters appear not to be noticing this. I call this odd because I'm the youngest sibling.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:59 pm
Yvaine
I know I'm getting old because I'm watching my parents get grey and frail...and I'm out of grandparents now...and that is a creepy damn line of thought. For some reason, my sisters appear not to be noticing this. I call this odd because I'm the youngest sibling.

Yeah.. My grandmother is getting old and very frail. Not all my family is noticing this but I do cause I lived near her my whole life, and it's really sorta depressing. sad  

Ogyshi

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:04 pm
When your parents don't sign your paperwork anymore  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:30 am
When you're thinking, "My god, how OLD are my grandparents... Shouldn't they be dead right now?" Everyone else I know, other than GTR because his grandparents seem to be hanging on just like mine, all have at least ONE dead grandparent. I don't. I mean hell my GREAT grandmother died last year...

OR

When you're thinking of a car that your family used to have and people call it a classic gonk

OR

Realizing that your relationship, first really meaning full one, is almost a decade old.

I think that's all for now, We own the first 3 volumes of the Animaniacs. Sadly, I think that's all there is. We also have 2 volumes of Freakazoid! 3nodding  

God-Raped-Me

Ogyshi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:14 am
It makes me feel old when I say to my friend that I remember when the toonie first came out, and he says he can't remember. I still remember my first toonie.. it was lovely! I'm going to tell that story to young people when I get old just to bring attention to my oldness. I'll also talk about when DVD's first came out.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:22 am
Man, Vinal records and the record players are the 8-tracks of today. I always laugh when my siblings, 10+ years younger than me, ask what things are... Like 8-Tracks!  

God-Raped-Me

Red Glacier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:41 am
When the life insurance agencies call more often then your family does

Or when you're the only one going the speed limit and you're still getting yelled at  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:58 am
God-Raped-Me
Man, Vinal records and the record players are the 8-tracks of today. I always laugh when my siblings, 10+ years younger than me, ask what things are... Like 8-Tracks!

I didn't know what 8-tracks were until last week when I was talking to my mom. rolleyes  

Ogyshi

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:27 am
God-Raped-Me
We own the first 3 volumes of the Animaniacs. Sadly, I think that's all there is. We also have 2 volumes of Freakazoid! 3nodding

gonk you know you're getting old when the shows that people fondly remember from their childhood are ones you were too old to appreciate when they came out... I think I was in high school when those appeared on YTV. I couldn't stand either of them. Too much stupidity, not enough actual funny. Kind of like... most kids' tv shows today.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:14 am
I felt old last year when the most exciting thing about Christmas was getting paid double time and a half for working that day, so I could pay rent. gonk  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Ogyshi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:16 am
Taeryyn
I felt old last year when the most exciting thing about Christmas was getting paid double time and a half for working that day, so I could pay rent. gonk

oooh, that's bad. aha.
I'm just getting my first apartment here this summer, so I'm going to have to start paying rent! gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:53 am
Erverain
You know you're getting old when you realize that, yes, that odd creaking noise is you.

sweatdrop I've had creaky joints for quite a while and can make several click at will...  

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

XxDarkMalicexX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:48 pm
God-Raped-Me
We also have 2 volumes of Freakazoid! 3nodding

Freakazoid was like the best! I wish they would put it back on the air. I watched it all the time! 3nodding  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff