Submit

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:36 pm
I was rather surprised to hear about it, but that's mostly from the odd way that I was told the news. (you'll find almost anything surprising when the people you've spent the last twenty or more minutes with suddenly all know some news you don't)
Other than that I'm rather indifferent.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:52 pm
I was never directly a fan of MJ, though Thriller if always good for a laugh... I was surprised that his death was accepted (at least in my immediate community) without any a**-hats getting sloshed and throwing "goodbye Michael" parties. He's kind of a big deal around here, even now.

Anyway, hopefully his family is alright in the wake of his death, since I believe they all had some feuds going around for the last decade or so...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Dinosaur Next Door

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:24 am
There, there...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:26 pm
Omg I love Ship. whee  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

XxDarkMalicexX

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:26 am
I was greatly affected by the loss of Michael Jackson.
I'm too an 80's music lover and his songs were inspiring and touching. Some may not think so, but that's their opinion.
Michael had a unique style to him as well as his dance moves and his infamous moon walk.
As I've heard, Michael's been sick for quite sometime. (No, not sick mentally, jackoffs. He didn't bleach his skin; he did have a skin disorder which is real because I know a girl that has it as well.)
We never really noticed it because of the trials of him "touching" little boys. And the whole "make Michael's body out of plastic and making it into lego for the little boys to play with him", yeah, that's childish.
Everyone keeps bashing him even when he's dead. Honestly? Can't some people just let the man rest in peace like he should be? It's childish and immaturish.
And about the whole specials about Michael, all the stations will do a history about someone who has recently passed. It will cool down in a couple of days, so hold your panties on. Yeesh! (Nowadays, there's basically nothing good on tv...)

Michael had a great impact on the music world. A lot of bands had redone his songs and that just shows how much he did have an impretion.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:10 pm
I was affected by the loss of Michael Jackson quite a bit.
I love his music, his dances I loved him, and I think he was
just plain amazing, I dont think we will ever see anyone like
him again. There is a lot of things people could say about him
good and bad but I think the good should be focused on cause
they were amazing things. His dance moves are mimic'd (spelling)
by tons of people but no one can do them better.

Anyways like I said I was saddened a lot and it was very surprising
he made a hug impact on the music world and he will always be the
king of pop. R.I.P Michael heart  

~Stir of echoes~

Indigo Project

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:26 pm
Kalstolyn
Majel Barrett Roddenberry
May her soul rest in peace.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:47 pm
Have any of you guys got the Michael's Memory item from the daily chance?

May he rest in peace.  

Kalib

Dangerous Admirer

13,365 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Married 100
  • Survivor 150

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:12 pm
lol The description amuses me and *adds to wishlist*  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:44 am
My thoughts on his death are that people should just leave him alone. Now reports say that he is not the bio father of his kids. But California state law says if a woman gives birth while married her spouse is indefinitely the father bio or not. So i think everyone should just let him rest in peace exclaim exclaim  

Kage_Demon22

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:59 am
Kalib
Have any of you guys got the Michael's Memory item from the daily chance?

May he rest in peace.

Awesomeness~

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:11 am
Michael Jackson, imho, kicked a**, at least in the first half of his carreer, it became a bit awkward later.
His death doesn't phaze me too much, though, since his good songs have already been made razz

That salesman guy I don't care about at all. But then again, I don't watch those shows.

Ah well...  

Serious Erius
Crew

umi505

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:01 pm
I'm a bit of a fan of a lot of his work. And to be honest, the day after he died I had a dance practice and we stretched to like 10 of his songs and we all become a tad teary eyed. But after that I soon stopped thinking of it  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:36 pm
I didn't really care too much about him, but it makes me laugh how everyone who considered him the child molesting devil is now considering him a hero. It sucks that he died, for all the fans, but i'm getting sick of hearing about this everyday. Seriously, almost as bad as Anna Nicole. Almost.  

ibixch

Obiverance

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:51 pm
The thing is, not a lot of people listened to him these past years because of all the controversy. There was not sufficient evidence to show that he was guilty. The case turned into a "HE DID THIS" court case. He just payed money because the charges went on for a long time, straining his health. Despite that, people looked down on him. His name turned into a bad one.

I think that his death reminds people that he wasn't just a bleached man blamed for horrible things; He was a singer, a musician, a dancer, a founder of today's music, a man who tried to pull down racial barriers and let the world come together.

When you read about his death, talk about his death, and watch videos about his death, you begin to see and learn that he was more than who you thought he was.

Quote:

We are the world.
We are the children.
It's all up to us to make a brighter day.

There people dieing.
If you care for the living,
Let's heal the world.

We are the world.
We are the children.
It's up to us to make our brighter days.

Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff