Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:54 am
I want to see this. Your Geek News gave it a pretty good review and the previews look interesting.

Is the ARG still going or did it end with the release? I took a quick look at some of the websites. I haven't followed any ARGs or virals in yonks but I'll have to try read up on this one in the very least.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:23 am
I saw it last night and I really enjoyed it.

Some background for you guys:
This film is based on a 3-D short made by the director. He was slated to direct the Halo film that got canned. Peter Jackson loved it so much he helped get District 9 produced with WETA.

The director is South African and only 29y.o. The film highlights the events of apartheid and the huge refugee camps in South Africa of Africans from other countries.  

Odd Boy Out

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:03 pm
w00t, I haven't come into this thread yet 'cause I hadn't seen the movie until tonight!

'Twas excellent... 3nodding

It started out kinda okay...I was thinking, "Okay, this has got to get better since everyone keeps going on about it..." and sure enough by the end I was like jumping in my seat! Good stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:51 pm
It was better then the rest of the summer movies and I liked it, but a bit underwhelming. Also the "racism is evil" message is really played out.  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:39 am
Played out or not it's still a huge issue, particularly in South Africa.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:37 am
wakusei
Played out or not it's still a huge issue, particularly in South Africa.

I really hate Africa.  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:11 am
I saw District 9 the other day and I really liked it. At first I was a little worried that the entire thing would be solely documentary style and you would have to piece the story together from that... which isn't necessarily bad but not the kind of thing I'm in to. I was relieved when they started taking more time to put story in and less time making it documentary style. The documentary-like clips did add a nice effect, though.

My husband also liked the movie and was looking things up about it online before we saw and still does after we've seen it. He plans on renting it as soon as it's available for rent to try to catch any small details we might have missed at the theatre.

He also linked me this interesting article earlier:
5 things you did not know about district 9  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas