Time for some morbid thoughts... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:28 am
*highfives fellow pessimist*
Oddly enough, though I'm a hardcore pessimist in nearly every other aspect, I'm still more inclined to trust doctors, especially if they're able to tell me everything.

And I get what you mean when you say that doing that kind of stuff for years can change a person. But maybe that doesn't worry me as much because I have seen it, and it's not that bad. My dad is a radiation therapist so he's around cancer patients everyday. He has a habit of regularly reading the obituaries to see if any of his former patients are there (and he does it rather non-emotionally too. When my mom found a familiar name in there she freaked out, and she doesn't even directly work with patients). And, despite some issues we may have, I don't think he's a bad person. He's a little dark, but I think a lot of us are in this day and age.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:36 am
I'd have to say that I'd like to be cremated for it's a lot less of a hassle on the planet. As ashes, you quickly disappear. If you are buried in a coffin, they preserve your body with formaldehyde and other chemicals that are bad for the environment. Your body decomposes much slower, which I see no point to do since your buried 6ft under dirt and cement, might as well get the decomposing process done and over with quickly.

I wouldn't mind donating my organs once I'm dead. I'm done using them and I don't need them anymore. Let someone else recycle and use my organs.
In the afterlife, I'd probably get angry if they ruin the organ I donated.  

Kire Kaysan

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:37 am
you could always haunt them, Kire, for not using your organs properly. I think that would be a great way to keep people in check xd  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:50 am
There are places that you can have a more environmentally friendly burial, Kire (far less preservatives, if any, and no vault when you're buried), they just have to get you into the ground much quicker.

As for myself, I'd like them to use what they can, after that: Capsula Mundi.  

124-C

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:52 am
@Sanzo - lol I guess so

@Weirdo - Ah I see. Well, to clarify, I don't think doctors are bad people. I just don't trust them...or banks...or the government <.< >.>  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:58 am
Ah, well banks and the government I can understand =P

*clicks Tsuji's link*
Huh. That...actually looks pretty cool.

invisible-weirdo

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:59 am
Tsuji's link isn't working well for me... all I see is a coconut looking thing that seems to be buried under a tree...  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:03 pm
Yeah, sorry, their site is a little wonky...

User Image

"The Capsula Mundi is an egg-shaped container made of bioplastic. The body of the deceased rests in a fetal position within this capsule, which gets planted in the earth like a bulb. A shallow circular depression is dug above the capsule to symbolize the presence of the body, in the center of which a tree is planted. Over time, the groups of burial sites become a sacred memorial grove."  

124-C

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:08 pm
wow that's actually pretty cool, that would be my second choice if I didn't get cremated, to be a nice tree somewhere ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:12 pm
I like that idea Tsuji. The planet could use more tries and a grove of memorial trees seem a lot more interesting to visit than a graveyard full of rocks. You could even carve a person's name into the tree once it was big enough.
I really hope that this method becomes popular and available to people. From what I gather from the site was that it wasn't legal yet.  

Kire Kaysan

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:15 pm
It's not legal? That... makes very little sense in my brain but then the entire death industry makes little sense in my brain. Like people being obsessed with keeping bodies for decomposing as long as possible. Or you know the whole issue of protecting the body from outside forces by placing the body in an sealed coffin...  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:22 pm
"Our aim is to create memory parks. The Italian legislation doesn't allow this type of burial:

1. Only wood can be used to make coffins and they also must be tinned.
2. Cemeteries have to be protected in a controlled and closed area.
3. The space where people are buried is only temporary unless you own a family chapel.

This was incited by Napoleon Bonaparte.

During these years of work, we realized that this old law doesn't represent the Italian culture. Therefore we decided to create an association (Associazione Capsula Mundi) to awaken the people in order to look into the problem. All together we can ask the legislator to change the law so we can conclude our project.

At the present in Italy the cremation law is changing. In a short time from now ashes will be able to be dispersed in opened spaces where it is permitted. Considering this change of law, we are making a smaller version of urn-capsules to utilize with the concept of returning to the biological cycle of life.

1. A biodegradable urn (starch plastic)
2. Plant a tree onit.
3. Create green cemeteries for the urns."

EDIT: A big part of the death industry is religion. It is out of respect for the dead (they're buried so that scavengers don't start eating their family members before their eyes) and a lot of it is like ritual. A part of it is also like the belief of an afterlife. For some, a proper burial is necessary for peoples' spirits to move on (most obvious example would be like ancient Egyptians and such...).

invisible-weirdo

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:27 pm
Ah I see, well here's hoping they get that all properly sorted out. I'm hoping they do this here in the US too and it doesn't end up being just an Italian thing  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:43 pm
If someone needs my parts then by all means take them! I'm done with them so if they can help someone else live then awesome! I also plan to sell my tattoos. That's where I go to someone who pays me for my tattoos on my skin while I'm alive and then when I'm dead it goes on display for all to see. I think that would be so awesome! And the rest of me I want my family to keep my ashes. I want what's left of me to be split between my kids, should they want it, or actually if GTR is still alive I would want him to keep my ashes until he dies then my ashes, perhaps mixed with his, can go to our chidren. I know eventually my ashes would be released somewhere but I just want my kids to hold on to them for a while anyways.  

God-Raped-Me

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:49 pm
For one thing, at my funeral, NOBODY is allowed to wear black as a sign of mourning. If it's you're favorite color, then fine. Also, everybody should wear whatever clothes their most comfortable in. If that's dressing up all fancy-like, or wearing jeans and a t-shirt. sweatdrop It's always so depressing to see everybody wearing black. I'd much prefer it if people were comfortable and wearing what they like.

As for my remains....I'm always going back and forth on that one. I'm pretty sure I'd prefer cremation. But then again, if it brought my family comfort to be able to visit my final resting place....maybe.

I'm not sure about being an organ donor either. I'm not currently, and I'm always very torn about the idea. On the one hand, it's not like I'd need those organs anymore, so it'd be kinda selfish just to take them to the grave. But on the other hand....I have a bit of a fear about what would happen if I was gone but my organs would still be functioning elsewhere. Would I be really dead? Would my organs functioning in somebody else keep me trapped in limbo? I have an odd worry about what might happen if all of me isn't returned to the earth. I'm not entirely sure why. Just a gut feeling sweatdrop Although....after I'm dead I'll probably get gutted anyway. It's not like I'd be able to fight them over it.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff