Reply Community Lounge
New Barbie commercial Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Phaeton 2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:31 am
The best thing about satire is being able to turn it into a money maker. This might not be what Aqua intended but there's little they can do about it now.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:20 pm
they made a pregnant barbie. she, of course, is a teen. that sets a very good example for little kids, dont you think? sarcasm btw  

los_zorros_goalie

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:30 pm
los_zorros_goalie
they made a pregnant barbie. she, of course, is a teen. that sets a very good example for little kids, dont you think? sarcasm btw
Um who said the pregnant Barbie was a teen? Or that Barbie herself is a teen? Considering how many jobs she's had I've always thought she was a full grown adult  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:12 pm
The pregnant Barbie isn't even a Barbie; she's named Madge or something and she is an adult. rolleyes  

The Dinosaur Next Door

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:33 pm
God-Raped-Me
I ******** hate the Bratz line of s**t! I don't like that they promote being a skanky little whore! Where if you're not popular you're nothing. ******** the Bratz line! Myscene is horrible too! So I agree Steph, Barbie is WAY better than that other crap!

*High fives*
xd When I saw the ad on tv for the "Moxie Girls" I was like "Damn! It's the anti-bratz!!"
3nodding Thank goodness too. What a breath of fresh air those things are.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:54 pm
I want to buy the bratz and have a BURNING PARTY!!!

Anyone want to join?  

God-Raped-Me

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:40 pm
Barbie was created at a time when the only dolls little girls really had to play with were baby dolls. It was basically like "here girls, all you're good for is poppin' out kids so you might as well practice now." Barbie gave them the option to imagine being an adult, getting to wear grown up clothes, and get to be whatever they wanted. From doctor to teacher to lifeguard to ballet dancer to model to vet and everything inbetween.
And what Barbie isn't (like a mom, for example), her friends like Midge are.

Barbie's shapely form is because she was created after a German doll that was based on a character in a comic strip meant for adults in which the character would use her, uh...assets to get what she wanted when need be.

Mattel has certainly gone through enough to prove Barbie is more than just some blond bimbo. She's basically everything but.

American Girls are also awesome.

And while I dislike Bratz dolls, hurting toys makes me sad... sad

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:11 pm
I never had a Barbie when I was younger, and it's not like I had any sisters at the time.

Aquarium was the first CD I ever owned, though. xd  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

~DR.MOOFASA~

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:50 am
hahah... you just reminded me of this chick in norway (when sean and his bro and i were at the mall)

oh boy, she was awkward. she wore a sparkly wig and "barbie-like" clothes and had a music player blasting the song 'barbie girl' aloud... except SHE was the singer. she covered the song and got her friends to follow her around with feather boas and play that song... to sell her new "CD". she also had a sign that said "i am the next 'aqua'..." lol it was pretty lame, and we were a bit worried they would come near us at one point.

i know that was off topic but it was just such a ridiculous display that i had to mention it.

anyway! yes. barbie... uh... well, panny said it. she's 50. ^^ she's OOOOOOLD. xD

i used to have a case of barbies but i recently gave them away to my mom's friend's two girls ^^ they're still appreciated, even though they're barbies from the 80's.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:11 pm
It's not off topic at all! I would have told that chick that there was a reason why Aqua dropped off the face of the earth should she have came near me.  

God-Raped-Me

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:00 pm
Haha, the next Aqua, huh? So they'll have a one-hit wonder and then fall off the face of the earth? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:02 pm
God-Raped-Me
It's not off topic at all! I would have told that chick that there was a reason why Aqua dropped off the face of the earth should she have came near me.
I like food.

aqua did a comeback 2 months ago...
and I don't think their to bad just some of their songs

Captain Shram has answered your thread

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:19 pm
I liked Aqua, I had Aquarium and listened to them a lot! Buuuut...they're not exactly a group to go down in music history as being much of anything.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:48 pm
there is another barbie commercial, this time with a dog...

"im a barbie dog, lets go for a jog..."

Agh!
its insane!

I remember listening to the Aqua song in like 5th grade, but only recently started listening to it again. Man, I never realized how mature it was...just goes to show that most kids dont think of things that way. 3nodding

And, Yeah, Bratz were a bit annoying...good thing you don't hear much about them nowadays, ever since their movie...

Speaking of plastic dolls and movies, they are supposed to be making a live action barbie movie....

shauna_marie

Vicious Cutie-Pie

GuillotineGirl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:47 pm
I saw that commercial. I thought it was funny with Barbie on rollar blades and a dog that moves on it's own. So pathetic. cool  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff