Welcome to Gaia! ::

∞ Life Dust ∞

Back to Guilds

The location of Dust journals, RPs, some events and quests. 

Tags: Life Dust, Fantasy, Roleplay, Aimes, Events 

Reply Roleplaying
[PRP] Tiptoe through the tulips... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tepidtea

Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:25 pm
Looking at the book, he nodded but gave a slight smile to the other when he said he got distracted when reading. “Well you must pick very captivating books to get so into them” Ashton said softly and tucked some hair from his face. Reading wasn’t something he did on a regular basis, but he figured he should try and take it up again. He knew Ziya enjoyed a good book now and then but there was a fact that they didn’t own very many. Maybe a trip to the book store was in order.
”I’d like to think I am a musician, but I haven’t played in front of any crowds or anything… just friends…” he murmured, a slight shade a pink coming to his features from the sudden full attention. “I was thinking about some songs I’d written with my father years ago and I wanted to finish them….” He murmured then looked to his old book.

“He’s really good!” Ziya beamed a little, as he was very proud of his guardian’s talents. The dust always tried to find reasons to hear the other play or help him with his writing. "As much as he denys it, he is really good!"  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:59 pm
The book winds up clutched between both of William's hands as he stares intently at Ashton, "I like to think so. This is the the full collection of Sherlock Holmes stories, including some that were published in papers and didn't actually make it to books for years. My favorite author is Shakespeare, though; it's who I was named after..." His voice comes out in something of a rush, more like babbling than actually speaking, but after a few seconds he quiets up and changes gears. His eyebrows lift until they look as though they might disappear entirely into his tousled bangs, "Oh? Maybe you should! If Ziya believes you can, if your friends think you can, then why not?" His tone is cheerfully matter of fact and he finishes with a warm smile, clasping his hands on his book.

Though it's hard to tell, there is a quiet sense of awareness coming from the bottle in his lap. Amleth is trying to listen without making it obvious, like someone who stands with back turned and arms folded, but tilts their head so they can still hear what people are saying.

Apparently not noticing, William continues in his good natured bariton, tucking his book into his coat pocket and curling his fingers back around the warm surface of that bottle, careful of the seemingly liquid tines, "
How is it going? Perhaps that could be the basis of your first concert, mm? I'm sure that's something your father would appreciate...?"

Anasazi

tepidtea

Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:35 pm
Blinking softly when William went on about his book, trying not to laugh a little. It was easy to see how passionate he was about the book and the subject. “Wow… its cool to be named after someone so famous…” Ashton said softly, grinning at him. “I can’t say I was named after anyone important” he laughed a little. Despite the others quick speak; he caught every word. Ziya sometimes got like that, so he had picked up the talent so to speak. Coloring a little again, he rubbed his neck and just smiled at the other, seeming a little nervous. ”It’s my nerves…. I can play in front of two to three people but any more then that and I just… freeze...” he laughed a little at himself but sighed after. Also he was afraid of putting himself out there and people just not liking what he was playing.

Ziya looked at the bottle, trying not to laugh at it, as it seemed very much like a stubborn child already. He really wanted to meet this one once it was out of the bottle and able to talk to them. It seemed like it would be an interesting child, though all of them were interesting in their own ways.

“Its going slow really… its harder to write when you can’t play the music along with it” Ashton admitted, plus without his father being around anymore, it made it a little harder. “Heh Maybe… I figured when I finished it I’d go play it to him…” he murmured, chewing his lip after and sighed. It was something he’d never gone to do but figured he should.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:19 pm
Despite being less than extroverted himself, it was a part of William's personality to encourage those around him, and that currently included Ashton, so it should be no surprise when he speaks up again, voice rapid, neat, and hinting with curiosity, though he's not exactly asking questions, "You might be. I don't know of anyone named Ashton off the top of my head, but I'm sure I could find someone. Stage fright is also one of the most common phobias, right up there near heights, I think. Maybe you could play if someone blindfolded you." It is not terribly dissimilar from having a conversation with a squirrel.

It doesn't stop there, either, William shifting to his feet so he can dust off his backside while carefully transferring Amleth from one hand to the other, "
I've always had stage fright. In school, when we had to do a drama exercise, I wrapped myself in a curtain so I could hide, but then I wound up falling asleep and my parents and all the teachers had to go out looking for me. It was embarrassing." He finishes dusting and ruffles his fingers through his hair, giving Ashton a somewhat more shy, but amiable smile, "Anyway, I think you should play for him, and anyone else you want to play for. Icarus might've fallen, but his dad made it just fine."

Amleth finds this movement as well as William's rapid speech somewhat annoying, it would seem, as he pulsates with ill-natured aggravation yet again. Ziya's staring just causes the dust inside to ripple, an extra hard point of ignoring sent in his direction. Hmph. Stupid, uh... boything. Huff.

Anasazi

tepidtea

Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:27 am
All of Williams’s suggestions were quite valid; he could try doing it blind folded but the idea of being on a stage where people could see him made his insides twist. Though he could probably play at the pub he worked at in a room filled with people he knew. Never the less, the idea still scared the hell out of him. He’d only ever played for a handful of people and no matter the kind of praise he got he still didn’t think he was that good.

Focusing on the others rapid speaking, he laughed a little and got up shortly after William; feeling silly to be the only one on the ground. “We’ll see what I can do… I’ll try and build up to playing on stage… try my hand at some street playing to warm myself up to the idea” Ashton smiled a little, holding tight to his writing book. “Perhaps once I’ve healed I can play for you? See what you think hrmm?” The raven-haired man offered lightly.

Ziya suppressed a laugh when the little dust spin got a little indignant over his stating. He just couldn’t figure this one out; perhaps it would be easier once he emerged from his little bottle. The lightening dust felt a sudden urge to tease the other so once William stopped moving the bottle, he reached and gave the bottle a teasing poke. With his skin fairly electrical, it would have given the other a warm spark. Each person reacted to his touch, having found at least one dust who didn’t seemed to ruffled by it. Though he figured Krinn was used to it as the storm teen had some what grown up with him.  
Roleplaying

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff