One Year And Counting! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Good good Shram! I'll tell GTR the good news! 3nodding

Did your fever go away for the wedding Rica?

I don't think I've ever been to a wedding that wasn't fun. When I was 3 I was the flower girl at my aunt's, really my mom's best friend, wedding. I think I still have the dress and I want to see if I can get Lydia or Guin in it!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:11 pm
Congrats on the upcoming nuptials, GRM. The dress looks lovely.

I've been to a few weddings, one was for my brother (he's divorced now, turns out she was lesbian and in the closet) and it was one of those expensive Catholic affairs. Fancy church, fancy flowers, fancy dresses (dad paid for mine, phew), the ceremony was boring as all get out. I had to hide in the back for the bouquet toss (as bridesmaid I wasn't allowed to sit it out like I normally would) and wound up pushing one of the other girls in front of me as extra protection...yes, I had a meat shield for the bouquet toss. But the food was freaking great!

I've been to both indoor and outdoor weddings (seven so far). Some weddings were fun, some were dull, some were awkward, but all had at least one memorable point to them. I've seen some really nice stone churches, tropical settings, and fancy country clubs for the ceremonies. I like outdoor weddings better, but beware of falling acorns if it is to be an outdoor fall wedding. My aunt had a bit of an issue with that in her first wedding.

As for a wedding for myself, I'm not planning one...but certain things have happened that indicate marriage is very likely in my future. Not immediate but likely. Hopefully he'll plan it, it just isn't really my thing...if not I will insist on eloping. Personally I'd rather elope, it is more cost effective and less stressful. And we can always have a party with family and friends, no need for fancy extravagances for me. I'm not that kind of girl. I'd be really happy if I could get married in my jeans!

Probably not going to play out like that. Some times you have to make exceptions for the ones you love. Like wearing a dress when you get married. Oh well.  

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:34 pm
I'm not one for expensiveness either. Our DJ and "dude who weds us" is daddy in law, I've found cheep dresses that look wonderful, outside is free, I think we can fit quite a few people into our house, I'm hoping that we can get a nice sized hall for much cheaper because of grandma in law. Even our rings are $500 I can't remember if it's each or for the pair... I remember being like "YES!" though. The most expensive part of our wedding will be getting me ready with the makeup and hair, the catering, and the photography. Well maybe our honeymoon too... It won't be as expensive because we won't be able to go over seas, but I think we want to go out to BC.

I'm so happy we've finally picked a date because it gives me something else to look forward to, and something to think about while GTR is away.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:54 am
My choice of dressing up fancy are clothes similar to this:
http://www.norskflid.no/fileshare/filArkivRoot/felles/Bunader/rogalandsb_herre/bunad_s_600x1493.jpg

most Bunad is made specifically for whoever will wear it so its rare to find mass produced ones.
as a result the cheapest bunad tends to come in 15000 kroners (thats lacking the silver)
or around 40000 kroners for full set for a grown man/woman.

thats 2777.85 CAD for cheap one and
7407.59 CAD for a full one.

a bunad can take up to a year to be made and all bunad types have origins from different parts of norway.
the first image is the closest to my birth location in terms of type to place.

Womans bunad:
http://www.forfatterbloggen.no/roller/SNy/resource/bunad_s_500x826.jpg
and... back to wedding chat we go =3  

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:59 pm
I really like the suit for the guys, not so much the ones for the girls though. The guys suit makes me think of the renaissance period. I like. Also you could totally wear that to our wedding!

I haven't talked to Liz does she know about it?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:25 pm
Yes my fever went away by the time we went to the reception. I took a nap between the wedding itself and the reception so I felt fine afterwards. :3

I've never been any special role in the wedding though. I was always just a guest. x3 But that's fine, I enjoy weddings anyway.

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:30 am
she does as I told her about it ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:20 pm
i know this is a bit late but...

*SQUEEEE~!*
heart biggrin
FINALLY, guys. =P

i like the dress ^^ ...though i'm having difficulty picturing the jacket on you... you wouldn't want something a bit longer? won't you be cold? gonk ...other than that it's lovely ^^ has GTR mentioned what he might wanna wear yet? and please tell me he's not cooking for your wedding o.o that'd really suck having to cook at your own wedding, stressful.

but.. YAY! biggrin

Shram
My choice of dressing up fancy are clothes similar to this:
http://www.norskflid.no/fileshare/filArkivRoot/felles/Bunader/rogalandsb_herre/bunad_s_600x1493.jpg

most Bunad is made specifically for whoever will wear it so its rare to find mass produced ones.
as a result the cheapest bunad tends to come in 15000 kroners (thats lacking the silver)
or around 40000 kroners for full set for a grown man/woman.

thats 2777.85 CAD for cheap one and
7407.59 CAD for a full one.

a bunad can take up to a year to be made and all bunad types have origins from different parts of norway.
the first image is the closest to my birth location in terms of type to place.

Womans bunad:
http://www.forfatterbloggen.no/roller/SNy/resource/bunad_s_500x826.jpg
and... back to wedding chat we go =3

hmm, i do like the way both bunad's look, however i can honestly say that i don't plan on wearing one when we tie the knot xD i've got a semi-specific image set in my head about how i want my dress to be (still have to try on different styles eventually to really know what i want in detail) ^^

the bunad would look nice on you, though sean. =] then again, you could walk down the aisle wearing a t-shirt and bunny slippers and i'd still think you look good xD (sure i'd be annoyed, but hey... when you're handsome you're handsome wink )

*giddy-glee-weddingfever* xD YAY! *high fives GRM*  

~DR.MOOFASA~

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:37 am
*Is totally late on this!*

The jacket is long. We're hoping that it won't be too cold... or RAINING! I will cry if it rains while I'm getting married! It can rain before and after but not while I'm outside. I may need to make a weather control device. ninja

GTR hasn't said anything about what he wants to wear. I should ask him if he has any ideas. I know he doesn't want to cook so we're going to be getting it catered. I don't even know how much that will be. I think as cheap as our wedding will be... it'll still be expensive. At least it won't be like 10K expensive!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:39 pm
We could do a barbecue after the "I do" part.
get 3 or 4 guys to stand barbecuing or something xP  

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:17 am
I actually LOVE the idea of a pot luck! But I think GTR actually wants it catered. Our wedding will be cheaper than normal so spending money on food is ok. I figure money will go to food, clothing, photography, and a hall rental. Hm, maybe our ride too!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:48 am
The dress and jacket are gorgeous GRM. Sounds like you have it planned out perfectly. The cold buffet idea I think would go well, IF you could do a hot one at the same time. I also like the "dress up if you want too" idea. Congrats.  

O h a y a r i

Demonic Hunter

13,600 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:54 am
Thank you! I told GTR we should do a hot one too if he wants a cold one, but he just wants a cold one and nothing else. We're going to have to sit and talk about it some more. It's not quite perfect yet but getting close!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:40 pm
OMFG YOU WILL LOOK FANTASTIC IN THAT DRESS DARLING!

-Formerly La Belle Isolde-

Trish the Stalker

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:23 pm
Thank you! All I want for my wedding is for jaws to drop at how pretty I will be! Is it a bit conceited? Yea probably but I've never had people just stop and be like "You are amazingly gorgeous". I just want to be pretty and happy that day!  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff