PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:38 pm
I LOVE this idea! But, um... um...

smile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:51 pm
I'll paint you mornings of gold,
I'll spin you Valentine evenings...

Don't worry, Are. I can make you a bookmark if you'd like. :3

Though we're strangers till now,
We're choosing a path between the stars.

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:53 pm
Chexley

Don't worry, Are. I can make you a bookmark if you'd like. :3

whee I would like muchly. ^_^ Thank you!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:57 pm

You will have to wait until I get some yarn. whee I think you would more of a person to have a "book corner" than a bookmark. You stick it on the corners of the pages. :3

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:50 pm
lol aretoo, I figure if I'm mailing a book to someone, I have their address. I know where they live. I can therefore hunt down my book and get it back from them! evil  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:29 pm
Kalstolyn
lol aretoo, I figure if I'm mailing a book to someone, I have their address. I know where they live. I can therefore hunt down my book and get it back from them! evil

I'm too poor to do that... >_>  

124-C

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:57 am
Well, me too. But I could theoretically do it.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:22 pm
Anything for the sake of your books, right?  

124-C

Surazal Dloc

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:15 pm
I don't know if I could mail my books. You see I'm very neurotic protective of my books. I cringe any time someone picks up one of my books and curls back the cover and stuff like that. I have like a very precise way of holding books to cause minimum damge and such. And right my address on the inside of the cover? *faints*

Oddl I have no careful feelings towards library books. I dont really care how I look after them xD  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:22 pm
Surazal Dloc
I don't know if I could mail my books. You see I'm very neurotic protective of my books. I cringe any time someone picks up one of my books and curls back the cover and stuff like that. I have like a very precise way of holding books to cause minimum damge and such. And right my address on the inside of the cover? *faints*

Oddl I have no careful feelings towards library books. I dont really care how I look after them xD

I cringed just reading that D:

I love this idea but I can't participate because...
1. I'm sure no one really cares about my books anyway. Now that I look at it, I don't have that big of a collection T.T
2. I'm poor ;_;
3. I'm overprotective of my books too. I'm proud to say that most of my books look like they've just been bought (if you ignore the slight library smell that some of them are developing T.T Which makes me sad. I hate that smell...)
4. Also, I haven't done any pleasure reading in ages, and school prevents me from doing picking it back up. So if anyone actually lent me their book, they probably wouldn't be getting it back any time soon >.>

But yeah...

invisible-weirdo

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:37 pm

I don't mind people borrowing my books, just as long as they treat them nice. The people I let people use my books has to be someone whom I know I can trust. I lent out a whole manga series to someone I knew, didn't get it back until the end of the school year and there were volumes missing.

@Lazzy: You're funny~ Having worked in a library, you have no idea how much I end up throwing away. While working, there was a huge pile of things that were missing covers, cased and what not (they were severly damaged) and the library would take tally and order them again. They try to get back to the last known person who held the item(s) and have them pay for it.

Saw this one guy who had lost several DVDs and owed the library $200-something. There's loads of people who mistreat stuff and I'm the grumpy librarian in the back room taping everything together and cursing the idiots who mistreat the merchandise.

@Invisi: You wouldn't want to be around when I'm reading, then. I totally bend the cover back if the spine will allow me. Some of the books I have read real good are dog-earred.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:47 pm
D:
I hate dog-eared pages. They never work for me and then it makes the corners of the pages all flimsy and that makes me sad because that's where I flip the pages D:

And I hate libraries. Part of it is the smell and part of it is the knowledge that few people treat books as well as I do. There was a book I borrowed from the library once that had a mystery stain and had like crusted bits of food on the pages. I almost didn't want to touch the book (but I had to because I wanted to finish it. Sadly, the ending itself wasn't all that good...)

Oh also, another reason I can't participate is because a good majority of my books are hardcover. Which doesn't help #2...

invisible-weirdo

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:48 pm
Chexley
@Invisi: You wouldn't want to be around when I'm reading, then. I totally bend the cover back if the spine will allow me. Some of the books I have read real good are dog-earred.

gonk
*dies*
ohgod.
I love my books tons and tons, but I also love sharing them with people, and having people suggest books to me. I always have that thought in the back of my mind "oh! [Name] would love this book! I should lend it to them~", especially with close friends, and of course you guys too. heart
I lend out my books all the time, and have only had one returned worse for wear, and one yet-to-be-returned (they've had it since JUNE. I want my book back Dx)

Books I'll Lend Out
I also have
"The Maze" - Monica Hughes
"Dead Kid Songs" - Toby Litt
"My Anastasia" - Sharon Stewart
but they weren't listed on the site.

>I'll read pretty much anything. Romance, period, mystery, horror, thriller, sci-fi, political, fantasy... 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:14 pm

Lol, just keep in mind the majority of the novels I have are from my grandmother, thus at least 20 years old. Most of the time, I can't bend anything because the glue will crack and I'll be losing pages.

I believe the oldest book I have is from 1945 and is hardcover.1935 and is softcover. The pages are all yellow and thin, too. x3

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Trish the Stalker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:19 pm
I might join as long as nobody sends me Twilight. If they do, I keel them.

-Formerly La Belle Isolde-

Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces