Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:07 pm
wakusei
But no, I'm just imaging a child waiting happily for a letter that never comes... emo

Breakin' mah heart... emo  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:03 am
Kals is questing again!
I used to have a penpal in New Zealand, one in South Africa, and one in Australia -- not all at the same time mind you. There used to be this magazine that my mom got and there were sort of like classified ads for penpals in it. The drill was to spam out letters to anyone you thought sounded interesting and was near your own age and just hope that someone wrote back.

I didn't end up staying in touch with my penpals for quite as long as I wanted to, although the one in New Zealand lasted through several address changes on her part. Once she wrote about a class trip to a farm wher one of the boys was goofing around in a barn where he was not supposed ot be and the floorboards gave way, dropping him straight into a pile of "manoowah". Well apparently this was supposed to be funny but I didn't get it until I showed the letter to a friend of mine who was from NZ -- the word was apparently a phonetic spelling of "manure"!

Check sig for details!

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:51 am
Real letters do have more of a personal something-something to them. I think it is that tangible bit. It's like getting a little gift in writing. And it can't accidentally be deleted. I like having letters I can keep. I save all the letters my boyfriend sends me. He sends me one every couple of weeks, and I do the same. It's kind of fun because it gives me something to look forward to...you know, aside from the regular bills.

As for apple pie...I rather prefer apple tarts. I don't like the top crust on pies. I'm weird like that. Apple Pie - top crust = Apple Tart. I think Lemon Meringue is my all time favorite, but Key Lime Pie will do in a pinch. Apple is in my top three though.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff