Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
Forgiveness Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Forgiveness is...
  hard, but possible.
  so easy to do.
  not always necessary.
View Results

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:28 pm
yddaaddy
What's really sad is that most of us spend so much energy hating people and not forgiving that we don't have enough to worship God. Forgiving has no bad side effects.

That's true. It's pretty useless to hate. Sometimes, it seems like it's easier to hate than it is to love at times. =[  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:32 pm
faithful quenga
Finsternis Drachen
I believe that forgiveness should be used whenever possible, but sometimes in order to prevent more people getting hurt one must make someone pay for their actions... can you imagine a world where instead of throwing a murderer or rapist in jail we just forgave them everytime they commited a crime?

There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

Of course there will be consequences for the Sins of people. What I get out what you said is that we shouldn't forgive a person in some cases. We should always forgive no matter what that doesn't mean forget or allow that person to continue doing what they did in the first place.

Do you believe that if that person is truly repentant then you can forgive them? Or do you believe once a murderer, rapist, etc that they will always have that label?

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

You read my mind on that. I was planning to post something along those lines although, you probably put it in better words than I have. We should forgive people just as Jesus forgave. We don't have to forgive because we have to, we should forgive because we want to. It's all free will, really. We just need to learn how to forgive others. It is hard to forgive people who have done wrong in their lives.

I've almost forgiven the guy that had sexually harassed me in high school. That is very hard for me to do since he's the person I hated the most and he left me in tears almost every day when I came home and made life hard. I'm trying to learn to forgive and forget. I'm a person that still wants revenge on people years later and I shouldn't do that. It's a big waste of time.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:16 pm
Aquatic_blue
faithful quenga
Finsternis Drachen
I believe that forgiveness should be used whenever possible, but sometimes in order to prevent more people getting hurt one must make someone pay for their actions... can you imagine a world where instead of throwing a murderer or rapist in jail we just forgave them everytime they commited a crime?

Of course there will be consequences for the Sins of people. What I get out what you said is that we shouldn't forgive a person in some cases. We should always forgive no matter what that doesn't mean forget or allow that person to continue doing what they did in the first place.

Do you believe that if that person is truly repentant then you can forgive them? Or do you believe once a murderer, rapist, etc that they will always have that label?

You read my mind on that. I was planning to post something along those lines although, you probably put it in better words than I have. We should forgive people just as Jesus forgave. We don't have to forgive because we have to, we should forgive because we want to. It's all free will, really. We just need to learn how to forgive others. It is hard to forgive people who have done wrong in their lives.

I've almost forgiven the guy that had sexually harassed me in high school. That is very hard for me to do since he's the person I hated the most and he left me in tears almost every day when I came home and made life hard. I'm trying to learn to forgive and forget. I'm a person that still wants revenge on people years later and I shouldn't do that. It's a big waste of time.

Forgiveness can be hard to do. I still haven't fully forgiven the person who molested me as a child. It's harder to forgive someone who is unrepentant, though it is possible and I'm working on that through Jesus, the bible and forgiveness ministries

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:56 pm
faithful quenga
Aquatic_blue
faithful quenga
Finsternis Drachen

Forgiveness can be hard to do. I still haven't fully forgiven the person who molested me as a child. It's harder to forgive someone who is unrepentant, though it is possible and I'm working on that through Jesus, the bible and forgiveness ministries

Yes, it's rough sad sorry that kind of thing happened to you.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:18 pm
Aquatic_blue
faithful quenga
Aquatic_blue
faithful quenga
Finsternis Drachen

I felt sorry for myself for a long time and I struggled with God and my anger. I know now that though what happened to me was terrible, I better because of it and I can help people who have been through it as well. I know that God will never waste a hurt. As long as I follow his will he will put all my pain to good use.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:33 pm
faithful quenga
Aquatic_blue
faithful quenga
Aquatic_blue
faithful quenga
Finsternis Drachen

I felt sorry for myself for a long time and I struggled with God and my anger. I know now that though what happened to me was terrible, I better because of it and I can help people who have been through it as well. I know that God will never waste a hurt. As long as I follow his will he will put all my pain to good use.

At least you can see the light at the end of the tunnel instead of the darkness behind you. It's good to view things in a more positive perspective. I believe that everything happens for a reason whether we realize it or not.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:09 pm
Aquatic_blue
faithful quenga
Aquatic_blue
faithful quenga
Aquatic_blue

At least you can see the light at the end of the tunnel instead of the darkness behind you. It's good to view things in a more positive perspective. I believe that everything happens for a reason whether we realize it or not.

I believe you're right. Everything does happen for a reason.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:10 pm
faithful quenga
Aquatic_blue
faithful quenga
Aquatic_blue
faithful quenga
Aquatic_blue

I believe you're right. Everything does happen for a reason.

Glad you believe so, too =)  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:53 am
I find it hard to forgive one particular person. This person was my friend, but he touched my sister inappropriately. I still have feelings of resentment. Sometimes, I find it harder to forgive myself. I was in the same room, but I was too dumb to notice.

Sometimes I wish I was different. Despite my age, I feel like a child sometimes. I'm generally respectful, nice, but people abuse my kindness sometimes. That's why I'm so guarded when I initially approach a stranger. I only want to be loved and accepted.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:08 am
My mom told me hating or resenting another person is like drinking poison and hoping the other person will die.  

Jwlonna_Mariner

SincerlyScarletRose

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:20 am
As humans we are not perfect..yes..we do not forgive easily, but to forgive is possible and its hard..I was so amazed last year at spring break camp on Oahu a boys cabin was jacked of all valuables..money, ipods, phones, etc. They reported it and the camp leaders let them talk to the whole camp, because it might of been people from the camp maybe not no one knew. I was amazing though..THey showed their faith to god by forgiving.. they explained that god was greater then all of what was stolen. Right then and there they said stuff like it wasn't cool that whoever took their stuff..ummm? it wasn't right..Well they forgave whoever it was. I think thats a great example of faith and forgiveness..god works in amazing ways and with god all things are possible..with that great faith to god they got back more then what was stolen..we all gave a donation back to those boys..  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:30 pm
Ive always found it easy to forgive someone, the most Ive ever held a grudge is just a few hours, i have not been wronged significantly, so i never am significantly mad at anyone, i realize i was a complete idiot/jerk in my response to someone or in a action, and i ask them for forgiveness, though sometimes i have them hold grudges about it or hold it over my head for years on end, and what i tell them is "drop it i grew up past it and they should to"  

The_Cursed_Phoenix

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:35 pm
A Lonely Leaf
I find it hard to forgive one particular person. This person was my friend, but he touched my sister inappropriately. I still have feelings of resentment. Sometimes, I find it harder to forgive myself. I was in the same room, but I was too dumb to notice.

Sometimes I wish I was different. Despite my age, I feel like a child sometimes. I'm generally respectful, nice, but people abuse my kindness sometimes. That's why I'm so guarded when I initially approach a stranger. I only want to be loved and accepted.

Most people here know what it's like to be completely disrespected and it's an annoying thing to deal with. I hate when I do something nice to someone and then they end up shoving it back in my face later on. I don't like it when people are rude to others. I find it annoying when people want to help others and the person being offered help is completely rude about it. They could say, "No thanks." instead of what they normally say. I've been disrespected by guys especially and that is not pleasant.

Don't give up just because people abuse your kindness. It happens to a lot of us and kindness does get its' rewards.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:39 pm
Jwlonna_Mariner
My mom told me hating or resenting another person is like drinking poison and hoping the other person will die.

Reminds me when my teacher said, "When you say or tell someone you hate them, that is basically wishing they were dead on Biblical terms." So I tried to cut the word "hate" from my vocabulary. I succeeded for a while. Maybe not the best word to use. "Hate is an underestimated emotion."  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:41 pm
Alice Seno 19th 03
As humans we are not perfect..yes..we do not forgive easily, but to forgive is possible and its hard..I was so amazed last year at spring break camp on Oahu a boys cabin was jacked of all valuables..money, ipods, phones, etc. They reported it and the camp leaders let them talk to the whole camp, because it might of been people from the camp maybe not no one knew. I was amazing though..THey showed their faith to god by forgiving.. they explained that god was greater then all of what was stolen. Right then and there they said stuff like it wasn't cool that whoever took their stuff..ummm? it wasn't right..Well they forgave whoever it was. I think thats a great example of faith and forgiveness..god works in amazing ways and with god all things are possible..with that great faith to god they got back more then what was stolen..we all gave a donation back to those boys..

That is a great example of forgiveness indeed smile it is hard to forgive things like that. Forgiveness can sometimes be rewarded as it seems as well =]  
Christian friends

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff