aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:40 pm
wakusei
aretoo went for the nice sandwich meat metaphor. Bass went...another direction.

xd

Me? All I can think of is this.

Or a sandwich of a different sort, at any rate. xd

And... >.O Is it just me, or does the Kirk statue have an enormous erection?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:39 pm
I like both. :3

Comment from youtube video

The proportions on those lirpas proportions are questionable; they should have made the blades smaller to make them canon-safe.
The Klingon is wrong (there's no known Klingon word for "virgin" (ngaghta'be'ghach is a questionable construction), but something like paghlogh bIngagh bIHeghpa' would have been acceptable; what he said was just gibberish).
No Trekkie believes that a lone Borg drone would stand a chance against Darth Vader.

This film was clearly produced by Treknophobes.

I sincerely hope that s**t is meant to be a joke. xD  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

SirRandolph

6,250 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:54 pm
Ahhhhhh I don't Know for sure...Um, um, um, Trek Wars! Yeah that's the ticket. I enjoy them equaly, and I enjoy them for different reasons. Star Wars is almost all guerrilla warfare, and very big production. Where as Star Trek, is much more, a military style show, where they set the scenes up with not much more than dialogue. Something that most people feel is missing in many Star Wars movies, or is not quite right is good dialogue.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:56 pm
Taeryyn
I like both. :3

Comment from youtube video

The proportions on those lirpas proportions are questionable; they should have made the blades smaller to make them canon-safe.
The Klingon is wrong (there's no known Klingon word for "virgin" (ngaghta'be'ghach is a questionable construction), but something like paghlogh bIngagh bIHeghpa' would have been acceptable; what he said was just gibberish).
No Trekkie believes that a lone Borg drone would stand a chance against Darth Vader.

This film was clearly produced by Treknophobes.

I sincerely hope that s**t is meant to be a joke. xD

I hope so as well, because that is what kills puppies, kittens, and babies.  

SirRandolph

6,250 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

SirRandolph

6,250 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:54 pm
WhisperingEternity
I would have to say Star Trek is better. >>
In my opinion, anyway.
While it's true that I've only recently discovered the wonder that is Star Trek, I've found that I enjoy it rather more than I ever enjoyed Star Wars.

I've watched almost all of The Original Series, and fangirl'd pretty much the whole time, which is more than I can say for my watching of Star Wars. True, it's not as action-packed, per say, but the characterization in Star Trek makes me geek out far more than the explosions in Star Wars did. You really can't get much better than the BAMF trio (Kirk, Spock, and McCoy, for anyone who's watched TOS).
Also, I really, -really- disliked the newer three Star Wars movies.
And the new Star Trek movie was made of awesome and win, so you know, there's that.

Plus Gene Roddenberry was way less creeptacular than George Lucas. Just saying. xD

But yeah, to sum up: while Star Wars is awesome in it's own right, I like Star Trek a lot better.

I do not mean to offend, but are you mental? When you were dropped as a child, did your parents first take off your helmet, before they let you go?
lolz
Folowing that i would like to say that;
TOS Ssssssssssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkssssssss! So badly, and I would like to follow that up with a quote from Mike Myers "Star Trek: The Next Generation. In many ways it's superior but will never be as recognized as the original." So you better recognize, cause TNG is by far the better show. Acting, scenery, modeling (for the space travel), costuming, and with 178 episodes spread over seven seasons, it ran longer than any other Star Trek series. =P I got that last bit there from wikipedia. I deem Star Trek: TOS Unwatchable, good for its time, but since then science fiction has taken its thumb out of its mouth, learned to walk, and moved away for college, I think that the only reason one should watch the old series, is that it's good for a laugh, that is all.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:05 pm
SirRandolph
WhisperingEternity
In my opinion, anyway.
While it's true that I've only recently discovered the wonder that is Star Trek, I've found that I enjoy it rather more than I ever enjoyed Star Wars.

I've watched almost all of The Original Series, and fangirl'd pretty much the whole time, which is more than I can say for my watching of Star Wars. True, it's not as action-packed, per say, but the characterization in Star Trek makes me geek out far more than the explosions in Star Wars did. You really can't get much better than the BAMF trio (Kirk, Spock, and McCoy, for anyone who's watched TOS).
And the new Star Trek movie was made of awesome and win, so you know, there's that.

Plus Gene Roddenberry was way less creeptacular than George Lucas. Just saying. xD

But yeah, to sum up: while Star Wars is awesome in it's own right, I like Star Trek a lot better.

I do not mean to offend, but are you mental? When you were dropped as a child, did your parents first take off your helmet, before they let you go?

TOS Ssssssssssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkssssssss! So badly, and I would like to follow that up with a quote from Mike Myers "Star Trek: The Next Generation. In many ways it's superior but will never be as recognized as the original." So you better recognize, cause TNG is by far the better show. Acting, scenery, modeling (for the space travel), costuming, and with 178 episodes spread over seven seasons, it ran longer than any other Star Trek series. =P I got that last bit there from wikipedia. I deem Star Trek: TOS Unwatchable, good for its time, but since then science fiction has taken its thumb out of its mouth, learned to walk, and moved away for college, I think that the only reason one should watch the old series, is that it's good for a laugh, that is all.

Okay, 2 things.

1) Triple posting. No. Stop it now. There's an edit button for a reason. use it.

2) Do not EVER attack someone for their opinion. Insinuating that someone was dropped on their head as a child is pretty ******** rude, no matter how you mean it, so cut that s**t out right now.  

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200

SirRandolph

6,250 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:21 pm
Bass20XX
SirRandolph
WhisperingEternity
In my opinion, anyway.

Okay, 2 things.

1) Triple posting. No. Stop it now. There's an edit button for a reason. use it.

2) Do not EVER attack someone for their opinion. Insinuating that someone was dropped on their head as a child is pretty ******** rude, no matter how you mean it, so cut that s**t out right now.

"You sopit" I think you are taking this a little too seriously. It was meant for a laugh. So, Take off eh? I am inclined to personally attack you, but I won't, because I have never made fun of a person with down syndrome, because "that is pretty ******** rude". Now that is rude. As far as the edit button goes that is simply symantics, don't be a b***h. It is not as if it is my fault the "Death Star" blew up, from forgeting to cover up a three meter hole.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:24 pm
SirRandolph
Bass20XX
SirRandolph
WhisperingEternity
In my opinion, anyway.

Okay, 2 things.

"You sopit" I think you are taking this a little too seriously. It was meant for a laugh. So, Take off eh? I am inclined to personally attack you, but I won't, because I have never made fun of a person with down syndrome, because "that is pretty ******** rude". Now that is rude. As far as the edit button goes that is simply symantics, don't be a b***h. It is not as if it is my fault the "Death Star" blew up, from forgeting to cover up a three meter hole.

Read the Rules mate, we don't want people to triple post, double post can be tolerated from time to time.
Also Don't direct insults at anyone, also a rule, unless its an obvious joke between people it will be taken harshly.  

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:28 pm
SirRandolph
Bass20XX
Okay, 2 things.

No, the edit button thing is actually part of the guild rules. Y'know, not spamming and all that.

I didn't personally attack you, so don't pull that strawman out at me. You said someone had been dropped on their head because they preferred something that you don't. That's childish. (NOTE: Not calling YOU childish, but your ACTIONS. See how it works?) And where did you get that Downs Syndrome crap from? Don't resort to personal attacks and inferences of personal attacks when someone challenges you for breaking the rules.

If it was meant lightheartedly, it would have been taken so. Saying someone had been braindamaged as an infant is NEVER lighthearted.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:36 pm
Shram
SirRandolph
Bass20XX
SirRandolph
WhisperingEternity
In my opinion, anyway.

Okay, 2 things.

Read the Rules mate, we don't want people to triple post, double post can be tolerated from time to time.
Also Don't direct insults at anyone, also a rule, unless its an obvious joke between people it will be taken harshly.

I am not looking to repeat myself, but you are arguing symantics. obvious: Definition: apparent, understandable
Synonyms: accessible, barefaced, bright, clear, clear as a bell, conclusive, conspicuous, discernible, distinct, distinguishable, evident, explicit, exposed, glaring, in evidence, indisputable, lucid, manifest, noticeable, observable, open, overt, palpable, patent, perceivable, perceptible, plain, precise, prominent, pronounced, public, recognizable, self-evident, self-explanatory, standing out, straightforward, transparent, unconcealed, undeniable, undisguised, unmistakable, unsubtle, visible
Notes: oblivious means lacking all memory or lacking active conscious awareness or knowledge, while obvious means easily perceived or understood.
It is all into translation dude, someone translated it incorrectly, flamed me, and called me rude. Saying that you are calling my "actions" not me rude does not even make me upset, however I believe that gives me every reason to defend myself.  

SirRandolph

6,250 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

SirRandolph

6,250 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:38 pm
Bass20XX
SirRandolph
Bass20XX
Okay, 2 things.

No, the edit button thing is actually part of the guild rules. Y'know, not spamming and all that.

I didn't personally attack you, so don't pull that strawman out at me. You said someone had been dropped on their head because they preferred something that you don't. That's childish. (NOTE: Not calling YOU childish, but your ACTIONS. See how it works?) And where did you get that Downs Syndrome crap from? Don't resort to personal attacks and inferences of personal attacks when someone challenges you for breaking the rules.

If it was meant lightheartedly, it would have been taken so. Saying someone had been braindamaged as an infant is NEVER lighthearted.
Rofl, Upset much?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:40 pm
"In every loss, in every lie, in every truth that you'd deny...

There's only one way to interpret the phrase "Were you dropped on your head as a child?"

Interpreted, it means "What are you, an idiot?"

EDIT: EDIT BUTTON PROPER USE 101. LIKE THIS.

...and each regret and each good-bye, was a mistake too great to hide"

User Image

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:41 pm
SirRandolph
Bass20XX
SirRandolph
Bass20XX
Okay, 2 things.

Rofl, Upset much?
Not really, You're the one that's going to get banned from the guild for trolling.

biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:42 pm
In response to the above..  

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:44 pm
SirRandolph
Shram
SirRandolph
Bass20XX
SirRandolph
WhisperingEternity
In my opinion, anyway.

Okay, 2 things.

I am not looking to repeat myself, but you are arguing symantics. obvious: Definition: apparent, understandable
Synonyms: accessible, barefaced, bright, clear, clear as a bell, conclusive, conspicuous, discernible, distinct, distinguishable, evident, explicit, exposed, glaring, in evidence, indisputable, lucid, manifest, noticeable, observable, open, overt, palpable, patent, perceivable, perceptible, plain, precise, prominent, pronounced, public, recognizable, self-evident, self-explanatory, standing out, straightforward, transparent, unconcealed, undeniable, undisguised, unmistakable, unsubtle, visible
Notes: oblivious means lacking all memory or lacking active conscious awareness or knowledge, while obvious means easily perceived or understood.
It is all into translation dude, someone translated it incorrectly, flamed me, and called me rude. I believe that gives me every reason to defend myself.

I argue nothing, I simply told you to follow the rules regardless of personal feelings in this matter.
As for the matter of being called rude, as I said you directed an insult in a personal manner, even if as a joke we don't know you well enough to take it without giving warning.

Writing the same meaning in different meanings over and over for a person to understand imply's that they are Idiots. please Stop.

I recommend you either give the rules a good read and stop trying to be clever before you get warned by a mod or worse, unless you want out in which case you should just leave.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff